“Let down by the service and the wait!!!!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Brights Restaurant - High Street

Brights Restaurant - High Street
23-25 High St, Belfast BT1 2AA, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)
02890 245 688
Improve this listing
Ranked #346 of 811 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Golden Mile
Maghera, Co. Down, N. Ireland
“Let down by the service and the wait!!!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I had read about this restaurant on Tripadvisor and thought I'd call in for breakfast while in the city on New Year's Eve. Myself my daughter, my wife and my mother stopped in at 9.15am. There were a few tables occupied but on the whole it didn't seem too busy. We sat for at least 10 mins before I eventually got up to go and ask for a menu, it was a further 10 mins when my wife went to see if she could place an order. She was told that they would be with us right away. Needless to say in a further 5 mins I was ready to leave, (they even took the order of a table of 4 that arrived after us before taking our order) but I wanted to give the place a try so I stayed put. The waitress was pleasant when she came to take our order but seemed to be left to do the whole floor by herself till shortly after we placed our order(typical). The food came in a reasonable amount of time and I must admit it was of a good standard, but I've had better ulster frys elsewhere. Another thing that irked me was that they left our tea cups down on the table just before the food arrived, but my mother had to get up half way through her breakfast to go and ask for the tea to go in them. All in all, it was good grub but let down by the wait and lack of attention to service. Don't think myself or anyone of us will be back.

Visited December 2013

• Polish first
Hillsborough, United Kingdom
“Fab food at a good price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Brights is a great little place but seems little known, despite its prime location in the town centre. I was sad to see its second store close down last year and I really hope this one doesn't follow. I go regularly with my fiancee and we always get the same Chicken Goujon Coca Cola meal, which we love. Best goujons I've ever had. For £7.50 you're presented with a large plate filled with goujons, salad, chips, sometimes doritos and a dip of your choice. You also get a large glass of Coca Cola.The staff aren't unfriendly but aren't overly attentive either. Sometimes they even seem gruff but it's part of the character of the place. It has a family-run feel. Highly recomended!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
belfast
“Fish and chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Must say have had many lunches here and have always got great food and service the place is always busy at lunch times but I would recomend it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newry, United Kingdom
“A little gem of fab food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Went here under protest, doesn't promise the best upon entering. But it was the best eating experience I've had in Belfast in years.... And so reasonably priced..... Now I know why people queue to go here...

Visited December 2013
scotland
“Good old fashioned food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This was recommended to us by a local worker when he heard we were looking for breakfast. Had the Ulster fry and tea each which was very good and also reasonable. Staff were lovely but expect to queue at lunchtime which is a good sign. Don't go here expecting lavish surroundings but good honest food served with a smile.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere