“Reliable as ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Italia

Villa Italia
37/41 University Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland (Queen's Quarter)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #72 of 735 restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Queen's Quarter
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Reliable as ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a restaurant that always delivers, in my opinion. We nipped in for a main course, it was early evening and just starting to get busy. Hubby had a vegetarian pizza with mussels and I went for the old stalwart of lasagne with garlic bread. Two red wines, efficient service and good food saw us on our way in less than an hour. We will be back...

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
  • Polish first
dundonald
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Went with my boyfriend for a meal. Staff were pleasant and we didnt wait long for a table. After we ordered my meal arrived first and my boyfriends didnt come. I thought this was a wee bit strange, but it wouldnt have even been a minute later that the manager noticed this, came and apologised personally, took my meal away to bring me a fresh one then brought both our meals together striaght away. They also delivered free drinks as well. Thought this was fantastic customer service how quick a small problem was dealt with. Food was FANTASTIC, will be back again very soon!

Visited May 2013
Ardnamurchan, Scotland
“Slightly disappointing food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I came on a trip to Belfast with my young son and as with all children he loves Italian food. I was recommended the Villa Italia by the concierge at our hotel. The staff were all very friendly, though not necessarily as attentive as I would have liked. We ordered our food and though it was ok it was a little tasteless. The salad which I had ordered as a side looked like it belonged in a motorway services, really unappetising. My son's enjoyed his Lasagne though and the desserts were great. Overall I don't know that I would rush back when I next return to Belfast.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Omagh
“Never fails!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Have eaten here many times when we are on a break in Belfast and have to say it never disappoints. Loads of dishes on offer and the chefs specials are always a must. Child friendly and nice atmosphere. Sometimes have to wait on a table but it's never too long before one becomes available. Have recommended this restaurant to family and friends and they have made great comments about it. Will be back!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Been to villa italia on two occasions, and love the pizzas! On the first time I visited, we got to sit beside where the pizzas were being made and so there was a great atmosphere created by being able to watch your food being made! I had a calzone, and my girlfriend had a pepperoni pizza and they were both great! We both had chocolate fudge cake for dessert, which were massive portions and felt that we both could have shared one! The second experience was just as good as the first, and we will be back!

• Visited April 2013