“Ineresting but with some strange information!” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 129 Activities in Belfast
More attraction details
Owner description: If you're visiting N.Ireland then our tour is a must! We bring you to all the points of interest along the Antrim Coast Road and around Belfast and give you a great deal of information along the way, all delivered with our great Belfast sense of humour. On your tour you will see: Carrickfergus castle, the Antrim coast road Larne, Ballygally, Glenarm, Carnlough, Waterfoot, Cushendall,Ballycastle,the Carrick a reede rope bridge, Balintoy,Whitepark bay, Bushmills,Bushmills distillery, Dunluce castle and the Giants causeway then on the Belfast tour you will see :City Hall Queens University, Botanical Gardens and National MuseumCrown Bar and Opera HouseFalls Road (including Allens Tours exclusives such as Clonard Monastery - scene of the peace talks and Bombay Street - where the "Troubles" started in 1969)Peace WallShankill RoadCrumlin Road Gaol and CourthouseSt Annes CathedralAlbert ClockOdysee Complex and Titanic QuarterStormont (NI Parliament Buildings)CS Lewis Narnia Statue and the Murals of East Belfast (another Allens Tours exclusive!)The story of each of these sites is covered in great detail. You can stop at any of the sites, just let the driver and guide know where you wish to stop and be picked up again. You will learn the history of our city from its foundation right through to its turbulent recent past which in itself is covered in a sensitive way letting you see the conflict through local eyes. We are more than happy to collect you and drop you back to your hotel during our hours of operation.We also offer a daily tour to NI's World Heritage site at the Giants Causeway. Taking in the historic Carrickfergus Castle on Belfast Lough, the picturesque Antrim Coast with its nine mystical Glens, Carrickareade Ropebridge, The Causeway and Bushmills Distillery. Another must when visiting NI. Combination discounts are available on both tours. We are happy to Help!
Antrim
9 attraction reviews
“Ineresting but with some strange information!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

After a busy morning shopping we decided to take a tour of Belfast for the craic. When we approached the nearest vendor we were besieged by vendors from other tour companies and had I been a tourist I might have been intimidated. However, I am a local and was taking no nonsense!

The bus was old but comfortable enough and we got seats upstairs under the roof which I really recommend as the people upstairs in the open air must have nearly blown away! The guide, Alan/Allen, was friendly and a lot of what he had to say was informative, however as another review has stated there were a lot of references to what "the locals" call various things, including the city hall, names I have certainly never heard and I found this a little disconcerting!

All in all we had an enjoyable experience, perhaps because we were really ready for a sit down after walking all morning and the weather was glorious, if a bit cold!

I would recommend visitors to Belfast take a bus tour, there is a lot to see and learn about, and as such Allen's probably isn't the worst, they do bill themselves the top rated tour on Trip Advisor but I forgot to check before posting this!

Seattle, Washington
7 attraction reviews
“The Giant's Causeway tour was amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This tour was great. The Antrim Coast and the Giant's Causeway are incredible. Definitely the most beautiful place I have been. I'm not sure if this tour is different than the others but the coach was comfortable and the guide was knowledgeable. I only wish we had had more time at each place!

Visited March 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent for the cost-conscious traveller”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I booked a combination tour (City + Giant's Causeway), and was content with the City tour, but truly impressed by the Causeway tour. Guide and driver, Ian, was insightful, cheerful, and funny with his commentary on sights along the way and even managed to make traffic gridlock entertaining with his take on the difference between the driving skills of men/women in the area. (Turns out that women are far more courteous!) I would absolutely recommend the combination tour to anyone on a budget (worked out to £23 for both), although the cream is the Causeway tour with its sights and beauty.

London, United Kingdom
“Tour of Belfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My friend came to Belfast over Easter and I took him on Allen's Bus Tour of the City. The cost of the tour was reasonable, the comfort of the bus was okay, the areas covered on the tour were good. However, the commentary from the tour guide Lisa/Liza was cringe worthy!!! Her description on some of Belfast's landmarks were incorrect i.e. Clonard Monastry she said the locals call it something else - being a local I can confirm it is not known as anything other than Clonard Monastry.

Her description of what the 'locals' call the road strip to Belfast City Airport again is incorrect, i.e. more tar in a pack of cigarettes? - the locals do not refer to it as this description. There were many references Lisa said about what Locals refer to - being a local, it was new to me!!

Rather than Lisa 'trying hard' to make 'funny' comments about Belfast, it would be incredibly beneficial to tourists (given English may not be their first language) if she were to provide commentary with a level of intelligence and show a sense of pride in her city rather than try and poke fun at it!!

Visited March 2013
“Great trip helped by good weather!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I decided in the Easter break I'd take my 3 children (13,11 & 5) on an open top bus tour of Belfast. I was pleased to get a groupon deal for the four of us...we had a super tour with Lisa, our tour guide and Jack, our driver. Lisa was excellent, very helpful and informative and my children thoroughly enjoyed learning about their capital city.