“Excellent Hotel in the heart of the city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Belfast City Centre

Save Saved
You added Ibis Belfast City Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Belfast City Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Castle Street, Belfast BT1 1HF, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #23 of 44 hotels in Belfast
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel in the heart of the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed here for a night. The Hotel is newly refurbished, well decorated and near to all tourist attractions. Good food quality and clean hotel. Very well mannered and cooperative staff. Would love to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis City Centre in Belfast again very soon. Kind regards,

754 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I stayed here for two days at the start of February . Parking available free of charge Monday-Thursday. £6 on weekend. Hotel is very near the city centre and is within easy walking distance of both the Waterfront and Victoria Square both less than 10 minutes away. The Titanic museum is around 30 minutes walk. Hotel was clean room was a decent size for two people. Didn't eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the food. For a cheap weekend stay in Belfast a City Centre it's well worth the money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. I am glad to see that your stay with us was a good one and that you were able to make use of our free car park facilities. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed in the Ibis for just one night mid January as a stop over on my travels. The hotel was booked as a cheap, cheerful stop off point with provisions for a 12 hour stay. On all of these the ibis met every requirement.
Check in was swift and hassle free, though there was no suggestion of car parking facilities (not that I needed them, but the receptionist didn't know that), and I was in my room within 5 minutes of arriving. The room was spacious and well cleaned, with ample tea and coffee making facilities, very large and comfortable bed and extra pillows in the cupboard (always nice when you don't have to pester the staff for them). The bathroom was certainly unique, clearly built for convenience and not unlike a large airplane toilet, but it was clean and everything worked so what more could you ask for? Ordered food from the 24/7 bar menu to take to my room and the gentleman behind the bar kindly offered to ring my room when it was ready so that I wouldn't have to wait downstairs. A nice touch that compensates for not offering room service. The food was pleasant, not going to win any Michelin stars but perfectly edible and not too expensive.
The room was rather warm and unfortunately the view left a lot to be desired. Looking out the window expecting to see the Mourne mountains and instead being faced with the yard of a dilapidated apartment block is not really what I was expecting. Granted I was only there for 12 hours or so meaning the view wasn't that important but this proximity meant that I couldn't open the window or the curtains during my stay. I understand there is little that can be done about this but perhaps simply alerting customers to the view prior to allocating the room might be a nice courtesy. As a result of not being able to open the curtains the room lacked natural light, making it feel a little claustrophobic, but again, 12 hours, not the end of the world. There was some noise from the corridor when my neighbours were returning from their night out but nothing too horrific. My only other slight issue was that the reception and bar were practically out the front door, meaning the whole area lacked warmth or a welcoming atmosphere. This combined with the pretty rough area the hotel is in meant that the restaurant area (which is just an extension of reception) did not suggest an area where one could enjoy a relaxed meal, hence why I chose to eat in my room.
The hotel itself is only one street away from belfasts main shopping district and the city hall, though that street does happen to be one that I would not happily walk down alone, and is close to the tourist information centre too.
Overall the ibis did everything it was required to do, the room was comfortable and clean, the food perfectly edible and the staff were pleasant (though I was not asked on departure whether I enjoyed my stay, which was unusual) so I would consider staying in the ibis again, though probably not for anymore than a few nights.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am glad to see that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us at Ibis City Centre and that you found that hotel staff, location, and other facilities met your expectations.
I am sorry to see that there were a couple of issues that did put a slight dampener on your stay, please be rest assure that I will look into your comments and action those areas that I can do something about.
Once again thank you for your review and we hope you choose to stay with us if and when your travels brings you back to Belfast.

Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My wife booked this hotel in order to stay with me whilst I had to work in the City for a day. I was pleasantly surprised at the place. Nice dining area and bar area combined with reception. The room was reasonably sized but clean. Very comfortable bed and spent a very relaxing night there. The hotel is clean with very welcoming reception staff. Access to the rooms is via a door with only access by using room key. (Nice touch)
very impressed and good location for access to the city centre. Would use again and recommend. Breakfast I must say was excellent..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Belfast city centre.
We do hope that you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Belfast.

Kind regards

Nice room, very clean.
Lovely shower.
Good location.
Lovely buffet breakfast.
Done the tour of Crumlin road gaol, well worth the visit.
Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thanks for your review of our hotel. It is great that our well-located hotel and facilities met your expectations and made your stay a comfortable one. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Regards
Kirkby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Very good location one street from Central belfast. Check in is 12pm but when we arrived at 11am we were checked in immediately. Room was a decent size and breakfast was superb value for £6.75 each. TV and hair dryer in room. 12 pm checkout was good too.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
We are delighted that your visit to our hotel was a good one, and that our location, comfortable rooms and service met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards
Aberdeen, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed here over the New Year period. We were driving in from the north and found the place very easily. The car park across the road is free Mon-Thu and discounted for guests at the weekend - you take a ticket on entry and the hotel give you a voucher to validate your parking. I was a bit dubious about this but it worked very smoothly.

Check-in was very quick and the receptionist very pleasant. Our room (a corner room) was quite large with a comfy bed and a bathroom "pod" which appears to be typical of this hotel - other reviewers have complained about it but it didn't bother us at all. The dressing area was fine, but did lack a wastepaper bin which we found a bit inconvenient. On our first night we ate in the bar / restaurant which wasn't amazing but for the price was perfectly acceptable.

Venturing out, we found the location of the hotel to be a bit run-down, but it was near enough to the action and everything we wanted was within walking distance. (Titanic Belfast was a considerable walk though - we took a taxi back!)

There were a few niggles during our stay with housekeeping, but mostly the staff were nice. Special mention must go to the General Manager, who took very swift action to remedy a problem that we had during our stay.

Overall, for what we paid (£45 room only) we were very happy, and would certainly return.

Room Tip: Apparently the corner rooms are larger - request one if you can!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
First of all thank you for your review and for brining the matter to my attention. I am glad that I am able to resolve the issue to your expectation. I am also very happy that except that only niggle overall you are happy with your stay. Hope to see you soon.

Vikrant Tyagi

Been to Ibis Belfast City Centre? Share your experiences!