“Short stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Belfast City Centre

You added Ibis Belfast City Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Belfast City Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Castle Street, Belfast BT1 1HF, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Short stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I loved this hotel one of the best places I have ever stayed, We had a twin room on the second floor and we stayed in the week for one night. we slept great apart from forgetting the nice comfy pillows on the shelf which I didnt see. The staff was friendly and very helpful I paid by card so didnt need to pay a deposit of £50.The room was spotless lovely and clean and full of a few things we had forgot. Also we had dinner in the resturant and a few drinks the food was amazing better than eatting in a 5* resturant and the portions were big we didnt go hungry plus service was quick. Overall its a perfect hotel slap bang in the city centre within walking reach of everything with the bus station down the road and a taxi bank outside the hotel. I loved it would stay there again and can't recommend it enough :D

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Gemma,

Many thanks for such a positive review. I am delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us at Ibis Belfast City Centre. I will pass our your comments to our team who I who will be delighted.
We do hope you return in the near future.

Vikrant Tyagi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Polish first
Derry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

my husband and I stayed in this hotel a few weeks ago.we arrived around 3pm.when we arrived we waited 15 mins to be checked inn.after waiting we got checked in no smiles no information.just told our room no.when we arrived at our hotel room.it was dirty and I mean dirty,I have photos which I will post.My husband went down to reception while I waited.He returned with a new key for a different room.when we checked into it,guess what?????dirty again!!!!!!!.Again my husband went to reception and again went to a different room,so third room and guest what???dirty again,this time not as bad as previous,so we decided to stay as it had nearly take an hour already and we were tired.Though I must add we stayed in this hotel around 5 months ago and our room was spotless.So I dont know what the issue is unless my comments later explain the reason for the filthy hotel and uncaring hotel staff.
That night we went for dinner,got back late,went straight to bed.my husband wanted breakfast so for handiness sake we said we would have breakfast in the hotel.What a mistake''''' Breakfast was a mess no staff to be seen.food had either run out or been dried up.
My husband not being usually a complainer,but thought after the night befores fiasco and now this,that he would speak with the manager.he asked for a manager it was a lady called All or something.he explained the propblem,she apologised and said yeah we are having some issues with housekeeping???? so they know they have issues.my husband asked so why are you not resolving it?she replied well its nort really my job im trying to but my general manager doesnt help me much,and to be honest hes never here.maybe this is the issue with the ibis there is defiently a lack of control.and i;m sure an absent manager doesnt help

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us at Ibis City Centre, Belfast. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. With the information provided with your review, i.e. your name etc I am finding it very difficult to locate the booking details of your stay. In order to investigate your comments I would be very grateful if you could email me the reservation details and photos you mention in your comments to h7232-gm@accor.com

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

great location for all the shops and attarations in the city. and would recommend this hotel to my friends and will use it if we travel to Belfast again. if this is what all Ibis Hotels are like we will use them again where ever we travel

James

Room Tip: top floor had a good view and lovely and quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear James,

Many thanks for your review. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent stay at Ibis Belfast City Centre and that our location was ideal for your visit.
Thank you also for your recommendation and also for the whole Ibis Group.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed in Ibis one night and it was in a great location, close to all bars and restaurants, although we ate in the hotel, the food is very nice!

Staff are very friendly and helpful, on arrival we had a problem as my booking was not coming up on the system, but this was easily fixed and without hassle!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Belfast city centre. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused due to the booking not in system. I am happy to see that it was resolved to your satisfaction.
We do hope that you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Belfast.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The greeting at the front desk was the start of a pleasurable visit to Belfast. The staff are very accommodating with helpful suggestions to places of interest. The location makes a walking tour very easy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay here at Ibis Belfast City Centre and that our hotel was “Centrally Located with excellent service”.
We will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Belfast.

Kind Regards
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were clean apart from scuffs on the wall.
Breakfast was great except we could hear the chef cursing about "[--] scumbags" from the kitchen. Kettle didn't work in the room after a faulty kettle had already been replaced.
Definitely serves a purpose as a cheap spot for staying in Belfast city centre.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am happy to see that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis City Centre. I do apologise regarding that particular staff language, but please be rest assured I have looked into this issue.We do hope that you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Belfast.

Vikrant Tyagi

Been to Ibis Belfast City Centre? Share your experiences!