“Gaz & Stu on tour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Belfast City Centre

You added Ibis Belfast City Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Belfast City Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Castle Street, Belfast BT1 1HF, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Edinburgh
“Gaz & Stu on tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

1st class hotel, friendly staff, good location, Crown Bar (oldest pub in Northern Ireland close by)
central to all your needs, Very clean & spacious rooms. Stayed for 3 nights excellent value for money,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Gary,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments regarding you stay through tripadvisor. I am very pleased to see that you had a pleasant and enjoyable stay with us at Ibis Belfast city centre and that our location, customer service and the hotel facilities exceeded your expectations.
We do hope that you will again bring your tour back again in the near future.

Vikrant Tyagi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Polish first
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

if you're looking for an hotel to stay for a short period this is good, the staff is nice and very helpfull and the location is perfect and not to far from the major busstops and the bar closes when the last customer goes to his room
belfast is a fantastic city and has a lot to offer for every tourist

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Many thanks for your review and your recommendation. We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Belfast City Centre and that our hotel location and facilities were perfect for your stay.

Ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Hotel staff was very nice and helpful. Location is within 10-15 minute walking distance of city hall, the water front, cathedral square and other good locations with bars and restaurants. However the storefronts close down on all surrounding streets at 5pm sharp. The only people in that area are some bums sitting on the street, but they didn't bother us (but its otherwise empty). Rooms are very basic and do not include any amenities (fridge, conditioner, lotion, etc), but were straightened up daily (though I don't think they were vacuumed/swept daily). The downstairs sitting area is a good place to grab a beer if you're waiting on others...
Overall, no problems and decent price.

• Stayed July 2013
We here at Ibis Belfast City Centre very much appreciate your comments. I am pleased to see that all-in-all you enjoyed your stay with us .We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Kind regards
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Ibis is centrally located in the city. Unfortunately we unknowingly booked during for the 12 July (if you want to travel around the region - don't do that as it is during the marching period). Everything about the hotel though was great - very comfortable rooms, a bathroom that looks like a space shuttle, comfy bed, air conditioning - all the good stuff. They also have a bar and restaurant downstairs which we spent a lot of time due to most things being closed. Staff were very friendly and accommodating and offered good advice on Northern Ireland. Parking is also available across the road (I think it is maybe 3 Euro (or maybe it is included - can't remember)) and the hotel will validate your card. The only critical comment I would make is that wifi wasn't very reachable from the room so I had to stay in the lobby where I could receive reception (which suited me fine as I ordered a few pints from the bar!!) If I was returning to Belfast - I would definitely return!

Room Tip: If wifi is a necessity, possibly ask reception if you can have a more centrally located room as I st...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your comments. As a customer focused hotel I am pleased to see that you had a pleasant stay and that the our staff was able to be of assistance.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Belfast.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel was excellent value for a short break in Belfast. The rooms are bright and clean and the staff did their job well. This is a short break hotel and not a home away from home so don't expect conversation from the staff but they don't claim to be that kind of hotel so I was happy with everything. I didn't like the food for breakfast but my husband and son both found something to eat so all in all we were pleased with this hotel especially the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Belfast City Centre. We hope to see you again in the very near future.
Kind regards,
Glencolmcille, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed in the Ibis for a work event. Was impressed with it's location, cleanliness, and with the friendly and helpful staff. The room was spacious, well lit & very clean, and the bathroom was just spotless, with a fantastic shower! Accomodation can be expensive in Belfast cityk, but the Ibis is keenly priced, particularly for it's location. Parking is available close by, and the helpful man at reception was happy to validate my parking ticket after my work meeting the following day, despite the fact that I checked out at 8.30am. Very happy, and will definitely use again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am glad to see that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us at Ibis City Centre and that you found that hotel staff, location, and other facilities met your expectations.
Once again thank you for your review and we hope you choose to stay with us if and when your travels brings you back to Belfast.

Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as working in Belfast for 3 days. I found the room was very clean & comfortable, the air con was great & bed comfy. I didn't like the bathroom it was all plastic pod & felt cramped. I ordered food the first night & found it was ok but expensive & staff were not pleasant, I sat at the bar whilst I waited & they didn't make an attempt, I observed them & they were the same to all, everything seemed to much trouble. Breakfast on the first morning was poor, I was down at 0720 & most things empty, few tables & not cleared. The next morning at same time was empty & still they had run out of things. On checking out I didn't even get asked if I enjoyed my stay. It's a shame as whoever cleans the rooms does a fab job pitty the reception staff don't! The area is not good & I didn't realise this when I booked but at the bottom of falls road & each night many drunks sitting outside drinking, so not good for a woman on her own. Also having the smoking area at the entrance is not good as you have to walk through the smoke to get in& out hotel! Many guests including myself struggled to get their key cards to work through the door in lobby to lifts. I'm sorry but I feel I wouldn't stay again if your staff were friendly would of made a difference, shame when cleaners do so well.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am disappointed to see that you did not like our unique bathroom pods, but I do suppose it is up to individual taste. I am very surprise to see your comments regarding staff who regularly receive good compliments .I am sorry to see that there were a couple of issues that did put a slight dampener on your stay, please be rest assure that I will look into your comments and action those areas that I can do something about.
If you would like to talk to me further, please feel free to contact me at h7232-gm@accor.com.

Vikrant Tyagi

Been to Ibis Belfast City Centre? Share your experiences!