“won't use again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Belfast City Centre

You added Ibis Belfast City Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Belfast City Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Castle Street, Belfast BT1 1HF, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
London, United Kingdom
“won't use again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've arrived at the hotel before 12pm. booking confirmation stated that check-in is available from 12pm. on arrival i was informed by rude receptionist that checkin does not take place till 2pm and there are no rooms ready at present.
i explained it to the lady that booking confirmation states that check-in is available from 12 and their website states the same. i was told that this is not hotel policy and they are unable to offer me the room till 2pm. i asked for the cancellation of my booking and 5 minutes laters room suddenly became available. i won't be using this hotel in the future

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. As a customer focused hotel I am saddened to see that you do not want to return to your hotel.
Firstly were do not hesitate to give our guests early check-ins when our rooms are available, as you may see from the two previous reviews. As we sell our rooms through several different agents, some of which state our check in is 12 noon and some 14:00 pm.
Your checkin was done after 10 minutes of your arrival at 11:40 am. When you showed the receptionist the confirmation of your arrival, the receptionist, asked you to take a seat whilst she contacted the housekeeping department so that she could get you a room as soon as possible.
I am sorry to see that you found the receptionist rude, but I can assure you thaty she resolved the situation in a timely manner.

Kind Regards

Vikrant Tyagi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Polish first
Ware, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Arrived June 10th and stayed for 3 nights. Very good, if basic, hotel. I was able to book in and had access to my room by 10 a.m. The room itself was immaculate and everything looked well maintained. Very comfortable bed though the pillows were quite hard on the head and took a bit of getting used to. Air conditioning worked well though was quite noisy even on a low setting and I ended up having to switch it off overnight.
The staff were generally very helpful and polite though they did get a little frazzelled later in the week when it was fully booked - and I suspect possibly overbooked.
Breakfast (buffet) was probably above average (delicious sausages!) though by the third day became a bit 'samey'. Would have appreciated a few regional additions such as potato cakes or sour dough bread etc.
Location excellent for the City Centre - literally 2-10 minutes from most of the City's highlights. For this and for value for money and cleanliness, I would definitely return/recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
We at the Ibis Belfast City Centre very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Vikrant Tyagi
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I arrived in Belfast on June 11th early in the morning, and only had to wait about 20 minutes for the room to be available. This was kind of surprising and at 9:30am I was already checked-in and in my room. The room was clean and looked pretty much like other ibis hotels that I have stayed before. The bed was comfortable, the temperature was ok and the bathroom was small, but good. It is also very well located, near everything on the city centre and about 45 minutes walk to the Titanic Belfast. Definitely recommended, specially for a couple.

• Stayed June 2013
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Ibis Belfast City Centre. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, Vikrant Tyagi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving at our hotel we was greater by a very friendly receptionist who assisted us with our check in. However upon having lunch at around 6:30 that evening the waitress obviously did not know what she was doing. The service was poor, not knowing what the soup was etc having to keep going back asking the chef questions. Customers were kept waiting for almost 20 minutes just to place their orders. The nxt morning for breakfast was a bad sight, not one free table was available as the dirty plates from previous customers was not cleaned away. I had to clean the table myself before asking the moody waitress for clean cutlery. I would not personally rush back here.

• Stayed June 2013
I’m sorry we failed to live up to your expectations. The team and I at Ibis Belfast City Centre appreciate your feedback. Please note that i am looking into the issues you stated, and will take action in areas where required. Please feel free to contact me at h7232-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Regards
London, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

It's an IBIS, but not as we know it. Not a good start when you arrive at reception and you hear the dreaded words " We are fully booked will you move to the hotel up the road". I was very accommodating, as we are all in it together after all.... and refused pointed blank. If there is a training course for speedy check-in my kindly IBIS person opposite me had obviously not attended - a seat at the counter may be a good idea. The hallway carpets upstairs had a, erm... dystopian like dull & sweaty sheen. The room - apart from it being like a furnace was functional. It was too noisy outside to open the window - I lay there wondering if this was what prison is like.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The staff in this hotel except one (Jean Charles) were extremely rude and unpleasant. Myself and my partner stayed here for 4 nights - 31st May -7th June. The hotel lobby was nicely decorated but when we entered the room it was very clear this is a budget hotel with no frills (which we expected given the price). However, we did not expect the filth of the bathroom, covered in hair - either from the people before us or else from the cleaner). The TV input did not work, meaning we could not use our DVD player which we bring with us when we go away for a weekend. That wasn't ideal at all. We did have an incident where a bag which we had in our wardrobe fell down behind the wardrobe which was VERY badly designed and built, meaning there was no way to reach the bag. We called reception and greeted by Shauna who I found ridiculously rude and unhelpful, asking me 'what am i talking about' laughing 'eh how did your bag fall down' I continued to explain how the wardrobes were built into an awkward corner leaving a void where there is an alcove, our bag was on the shelf and with our neighbours having a party from Saturday am until Sunday pm, slamming doors constantly, the bag fell as the door slamming made the wall vibrate) she then hung up on me while 'huffing and puffing'. I called back straight away spoke to Lisa who was very understanding, apologised for the noise and assured me the maintenance man would be in Monday @ 9. We waited Monday for him to come, no sign of him by 10.30 so we went to reception, again greeted by Shauna who rudely rolled her eyes etc. Anyway, the bag was retrieved and we were grateful to the maintenance man. When leaving the hotel, Shauna gave me a voucher for the City Carparks which we were parked in.

On this voucher she said we stayed only 1 night for the discount, she clearly looked at the screen when we checked out and meant we had a bit of trouble in the carpark although luckily enough the girl remembered us from previous days and allowed us the full discount. No thanks to the hotel!! The one thing I will say is the close proximity to town and the motorway but the walkway to town, with drunks passed out all over the street was frightening and meant we didn't venture out at night. Given this is my third time to Belfast, I was looking forward to a nice drink in the evening which unfortunately didn't happen. It is really rowdy outside at night and to be honest, I wouldn't recommend you stay here. We travel Ireland at least 7/8 times a year and I feel really disappointed with this trip. Our work holidays are limited and I regret staying here alot. It put a negative vibe to our stay.

Room Tip: higher floors to drown out the noise of the drunks at night!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us at Ibis Belfast City Centre. As a customer service focused hotel we take all comments very seriously and I appreciate your feedback and rest assured that I will be investigating your comments and will take action in those areas where I can do something about. Please feel free to contact me on 02890238888 or email me on h7232-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.
Once again I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused but hope that you will give us a second chance to show you our usual high standard of service.

Kind regards,

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have used about eight different Ibis hotels. This one in Belfast, used for three nights, was not well maintained and was, generally, the shabbiest Ibis Hotel of the eight. The lift was particularly noisy. My stay was still enjoyable enough and the location allowed me to walk to the city shops, library, university and (at about a mile) the Public Records Office. The breakfast was up to standard, but the self-service area was inadequate for the large tour groups that stayed during my sojourn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
I am saddened to see that there were aspects of your stay that you found lacking. I will certainly look into your comments and action those that I can do something about. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Regards Vikrant Tyagi

Been to Ibis Belfast City Centre? Share your experiences!