“Unbelievably Bad Service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Belfast City Centre

Save Saved
You added Ibis Belfast City Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Belfast City Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Castle Street, Belfast BT1 1HF, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Donegal Town, Ireland
“Unbelievably Bad Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Read this on the ibis website , Our commitment to the welfare of our customers is simple. Our aim is that they fall asleep soothed, calm and perfectly relaxed. Because a happy sleep, well that's the nicest thing we think a hotel can offer its customers. Sounds lovely but the reality was very different, I booked in for getaway with my boyfriend, I was really looking forward to it, and iv never had a problem with ibis hotels, they always seemed fine, good locations and value for money, This particular hotel did not keep the commitment to customers stated on the web, I can honestly say it was the worst service i have ever recieved in any hotel worlwide, First of all i booked the break and paid for it in advance, as i knew my boyfriend would arrive at the hotel seperately i put his name in and gave him the booking ref, The room was paid in advance, so i was surpriseddealt woth the problem when he called to say he was refused entry to our room because i wasnt there. I rang to see why this happened and to explain my boyfriend was tired and needed to enter our room, to be greeted by the manager Shauna, who without heling me said i would have to hold as she was too busy to help me, i tried to explain that i was driving and about to run out of credit, and my boyfriend was roaming the streets with nowhere to go ( even though he should of been in our paid room ) so therefore i would rather she didnt put me on hold and helped me, she rudely told me she had ten people at the counter so i had no choice but to hold, i asked her to speak to a manager and she said she was the manager and then hung up on me, she did not offer a callback or any assistance, she was extremely unproffesional and rude, When i called back to resolve this she was rude again, defensive and unapoligetic she advised they had made a mistake and my boyfriend could check in, i advised i was unhappy about the experience so far, ie Her rudeness and my boyfriends situation and she basically said she had no time for phonecalls and was "purple in the face that i had insisted on her helping me when she was busy at the desk". Clearly people managemnt and customer service are not a strongpoint, and i was surprised a manager would be so unproffesional. I reluctantly went on to stay at the hotel, That night when we returned home , our clock in cards would not work to access the hotel so we were locked out in the cold, until another guest managed to get there card to work, Then my boyfriend card would not open the door, lucky i had mine. The walls were paper thin so i was awake al night listenin to our neighbours rowing, the room was also overheated. The last few things wouldnt of bothered me so much, but the rudeness of the managemnt and the problem checking in really did ruin our stay. I asked shauna to speak to her manager and she refused , so much for the ibis 15 minute resolution, or the pleasent service, Truely dissapointed. Also no parking and paid 14 pound for 3 short telephone calls, poor value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ibisbcc, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review. As a customer service focused hotel I am disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us here at Ibis Belfast City Centre.

After investigating the stated issue I can assure you that there was a genuine misunderstanding when your partner went to check in. A junior member of staff was unsure if she could check in your partner in your absence and offered to clarify this with the Manager who was with another guest at that time. In the meantime your partner asked could we look after the luggage as it was “nice weather” and that he would like to go for a walk. When you phoned the hotel to complain Shauna was completely unaware of the issue and politely asked to put you on hold to finish dealing with a guest on reception and to ask the receptionist what really happened. I am surprised you find this unprofessional. When you phoned back Shauna explained all this to you and offered to check in your partner. Your partner checked in 45 minutes after that call.

When you came for breakfast the next day at 12:15 pm, the breakfast had actually finished, it was Shauna however that offered to cook a fresh breakfast for you as a gesture of good will. You declined this offer and had asked for the telephone charges to be removed from your bill. This was an unfair demand in terms of the situation. After refusal of your demand you stated to Shauna that you were going to make a formal complaint against her.

I am sorry to see that even after Shauna tried her best to help your situation you felt the need to take your anger out through Tripadvisor.

Vikrant Tyagi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Based on previous reviews we asked for a high room and were very happy with what we were given. It was simply furnished but clean and new. If you're after luxury, you won't find it, but it's good value at 39 pounds a night. We'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high, quiet room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear JacqulynB,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay here at Ibis Belfast City Centre and that our hotel was “Ideal for your needs”.
We will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Belfast.

Banbridge, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

had a wonderful time at the. Ibis hotel. extremely cheap. £39 per room for two people sharing. the bed was so lovely, good quality and all white bedding. such a great nights sleep. the staff were so wonderful to us, couldn't do enough to help us. Claire, the hotel receptionist, was lovely as was Jean Charles and the rest of the staff. Breakfast was very good, lots of hot food and drinks, all for £6.95 per person. Check out wasn't until 12 oclock which would suit loads of people

Room Tip: in the centre of the city, all rooms appear to be identical, double glazing throughout
Dear Joanne M,

Thanks for your review. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with Ibis Belfast City Centre and that you found us good value for money. I will relay your comments to claire and Jean-Charles who will be pleased to hear.
we look forward to seeing you back with us if and when your travels brings you to Belfast.

Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Second time staying here, its cheap and cheerful. Very clean - location cannot be beat! Highly recommend..Great for groups of friends, esp for shopping trips/ hen parties/ stag parties. Rooms are spacious enough and beds are super comfy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jols85,

Thank you for leaving your review. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Belfast City Centre and that our hotel facilities, staff, cleanliness, and the comfort of our beds met your expectations.
Thank you for your recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Belfast.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location right in the city centre. You get what you pay for at ibis-the basics but all very nice and clean and you couldn't ask for more. Would definitely stay here again because of the location-its so close to everything. WiFi is fast but a pain to log on to-you have to get a 24hour voucher with a ridiculous code. But that's a minor annoyance.

• Stayed February 2013
ibisbcc, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Minn861,

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back here at Ibis Belfast, City Centre again very soon.
You may also be pleased to hear that our wifi is now FREE to all our guests throughout the hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Basic hotel, basic facilities and cheap. Fine if your only looking a place to lay the head. Price was ok. Its is located close to the main shopping street and is only about a 6/7 minute walk to City Hall. The Train and Bus station at Great Victoria St is only a 10 minute walk away also

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mavericko1,

I am happy to see that you had an enjoyable time at Ibis Belfast City centre and that our location was perfect for your trip.
We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Please note that we now provide FREE wifi throughout the hotel.

fife scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Great hotel in a perfect location in the city centre great rooms not a bad size and very clean. I only stayed for 1 night as I was going to a concert at the Odyssey which is only £5 in a taxi away but would also be perfect for a nice weekend away. Also a lot of great shops around the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Susan c,

So glad you had an enjoyable time with us at Ibis Belfast city Centre! We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
You can also make you of our wifi, which we are now providing FREE to all our guests.

Vikrant Tyagi

Been to Ibis Belfast City Centre? Share your experiences!