“Simple and handy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Belfast City Centre

Save Saved
You added Ibis Belfast City Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Belfast City Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Castle Street, Belfast BT1 1HF, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Dublin, Ireland
“Simple and handy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Basic hotel, basic facilities and cheap. Fine if your only looking a place to lay the head. Price was ok. Its is located close to the main shopping street and is only about a 6/7 minute walk to City Hall. The Train and Bus station at Great Victoria St is only a 10 minute walk away also

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
ibisbcc, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Mavericko1,

I am happy to see that you had an enjoyable time at Ibis Belfast City centre and that our location was perfect for your trip.
We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Please note that we now provide FREE wifi throughout the hotel.

Vikrant Tyagi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Polish first
fife scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Great hotel in a perfect location in the city centre great rooms not a bad size and very clean. I only stayed for 1 night as I was going to a concert at the Odyssey which is only £5 in a taxi away but would also be perfect for a nice weekend away. Also a lot of great shops around the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Susan c,

So glad you had an enjoyable time with us at Ibis Belfast city Centre! We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
You can also make you of our wifi, which we are now providing FREE to all our guests.

Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Hotel was very clean. Rooms are very spacious. Staff are very friendly and helpful. They only booked the city tour for us. It is easily accessible and in the heart of city centre. Food is also very good. Will be visiting it whenever I come to Belfast.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Satti_reddy369,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your "perfect" thoughts with tripadvisor. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit and found our hotel facilities to you liking.
As we value you custom, we have started to provide wifi at NO extra cost to all our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis belfast city Centre very soon.

Dublin Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

very good value for money, spotless clean and staff were very helpful & friendly, would recommend it & will definitely be back, the only downside was we were evacuated in the middle of the night when someone set off the fire alarm, we didnt know what had happened as no one came to explain anything to us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear TeresaDublinireland,

Many thanks for your kind review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Belfast City centre. I am very pleased to see tha you found both the hotel and our services "value for money" and I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.
May I also take this opportunity to inform you that as of 1st February we are now providing FREE wifi to all our guests.

Portadown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Beds very uncomfortable location good . Poor value for money rooms very small. Got very little sleep. Worst bed I have ever slept in on the plus side very good central location. Good for both shopping and night life walking distance to trains

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear TurkeyPortadown,

Thank you for your review.

I am happy to see that the location of Ibis Belfast City Centre was suitable for you visit to Belfast.

I am however surprised to see that you did not enjoy the comfort of our beds, as this is one of our strongest selling points.
We do suggest to all our guests that if you have any queries or problems to speak to a member of staff so that we can try and rectify the issue and make your stay more comfortable.

In terms of value for money, our room rates start from £39.00 prpn, for a Ibis branded hotel in the heart of the city we would tend to disagree with this comment.

I hope that you will give us a second chance to serve you in the future. You will also be able to take advange of our new FREE wifi which started from February 2013.

Kind Regards

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have just retured from what should have been a 2 night stay, but thank God escaped after just 1 night of hell.Arrived sat.. Room freezing cold, heater above door rubbish. Staff did bring extra blanket & heater. Went out Sat night, walking down Castle St was an experience in itself. The street outside stunk of Urine.. Maybe that's the Hostel directly opposite which was convieniently not mentioned in booking details. Drunks were strewn all over the street and lying in door ways.. Very Intimidating & disgusting location for an IBIS.

After a lovely meal out we returned for a drink in the bar. A sign clearly stated residents only.. But people were coming in off the street drinking. A group of roudy lads at the bar (this was only 9pm) were clearly being served till well into the early hours.
We went up to bed & were awoken at 3.50 but shouting, banging in the adjacent room (floor 9) .we rang down to reception as we were scared to leave the room and confront next door.. No reply from reception. The noise continued till 6am.. There is no exagerration it was continual Banging/swearing & shouting. God knows how many we're allowed to share the room..
We made our decision to leave , without even stopping for Breakfast & our second night.
Note to Mgr... instead of just posting the bog standard response on here, can you please explain why floor 9 had the people banging doors from 5am till 6.30 and the fire door by our room opening & closing. Are they Staff quarters & was it Staff we were subject to in the room next door.
****Avoid at all costs******

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Helent100,

Thank you for contacting Tripadvisor, regarding you recent stays at Ibis Hotel, Belfast City Centre.
As a customer focused hotel, I am very disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would like to take this opportunity to apologies for any inconvenience caused during you stay.

I am very surprised that you did not like the location of the hotel, situated in the heart of the city centre, approximately 2/3 minute walk from the main shopping area. In terms of the outside noise or crowd, all I can do is apologise as this is something that is outside our control. I do agree especially on weekends sometimes the streets in City Centre can be noisy but I think this is the case in most major cities.

I terms of other in house guests noise, again all I can do is apologise and assure you that we do take steps to keep the noise levels down in the hotel but in this case we have failed to do so.

I hope you received my letter from Cresta Holidays, if you wish to discuss this further please contact me at h7232-gm@accor.com

Again I would like to apologies for any inconvenience caused and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Kind regards

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked in for 4 nights..no problems booking in.(£50 deposit if you pay cash).I asked for a certain room which I got..my room SPOTLESS..the BATHROOM/and SHOWER were also spotless..breakfast was fresh..i went for dinner two nights and was very satisfied with that also..the staff were more than helpfull..jean-claude printed my boarding card for my flight back home..BUT a wee special mention MUST go to SHAUNA as she was the most polite receptionist ive ever met..she also made sure I got a FRESH breakfast BEFORE I left for the airport,many thanks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear tonythetash,

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. I am happy to see that you found the hotel and facilities very satisfactory.
I will pass on your comments to both Shauna and Jean Charles, whom I know will be delighted.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Hotel, Belfast city Centre.
Please note that from the 1st February we have started providing wifi FREE to all our guests.

Vikrant Tyagi

Been to Ibis Belfast City Centre? Share your experiences!