“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Belfast City Centre

Save Saved
You added Ibis Belfast City Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Belfast City Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Castle Street, Belfast BT1 1HF, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Had a lovely stay at this hotel. Staff very helpful and friendly. Central location for shops and Titanic Exhibition. Rooms spacious and clean. we had a meal in the hotel restaurant and it was delicious.
Would stay in this hotel again and Ibis Hotels around the world.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Polish first
Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here weekend 3rd Nov. Booked in was told car park around corner which is exactly where it was. Went then to investigate room. Was quiet big for two of us for 1 night. Bathroom was with good size shower could not fault it at all. On arriving back had food which was of a good quality considering it was 1.30am in the morning. Yes as had been mention in previous reviews the bar does double as reception but I never found this to be a problem. Staff was friendly and helpful would go back again when next in Belfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Staying at the hotel with a group of friends, our room was comfy and clean - no complaints from us! However our friends room's bathroom was dirty and the toilet did not flush, leaving them no choice but to have to come up and use ours. The staff were helpful enough, informing us about the cheap parking which was brilliant. We arrived back quite late with a take away pizza, which the security didn't mind at all (thank you!) and was very polite. Only major gripe apart from the toilet issue was the temperature in the rooms, I found it so warm I could barely sleep. All in all, if it's cheap and cheerful you're looking for it's worth a look in!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The rooms is this hotel are compact and have an extremely compact shower room. The room includes a small flat screen tv with a few free view type channels on it. The room we had was modern and clean.
At weekends it was a bit noisy during the evening as our window was by the main road but nothing we couldn't cope with.

A short walk from the hotel you can easily find beautiful shops and plenty of pubs and places to eat. If you are travelling on a budget, I would highly recommend this hotel to you.

If you are visiting the titanic museum or odyssey stadium you are looking at approx a 25-30 minute walk from the hotel...but it is a pleasant walk.

Driving tip: on the front of the hotel there are double yellow lines and seemingly a traffic warden is a nearby permanant fixture... We saw at least 8 cars get tickets during our trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor to avoid late night street noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I arrived at the hotel at 18:15 to check in. Check in of the room should have been from 3pm and the room should have been ready at this time. When I checked in I was met by a girl with a'trainee' tag on her. She asked for my name, to check in. I was then handed a form to fill in and sign but it belonged to another customer? I pointed this out and she began looking up her system again. She told me I would need to wait because she needed to check on the room? Throughout the course of the check in she was answering calls and dealing with other queries but not dealing with me the customer who was checking in. It should take 5mins MAX to check in, it took her 30mins? I understand she is a trainee but there was no staff there to assist her and she did not explain she was having problems. I advised I was under time constraints and needed assitance straight away. But all she said was it will only be a few mins, I need to check on the room... Very frustrating.

I pre-paid for my stay by cash when I eventually checked in. However, staff told me they could not print a receipt for cash there and then but only at check-out? Because I was under time constraints I left it, but had there been a dispute at check-out over payment I would not have been able to prove I had made a payment. Again not good enough, basic stuff. If you accept payment you should print a receipt.

On check-out I was met with the same lady. Again what should have been a simple transaction was painful. I literally advised I wanted to check out and get a receipt for my payment. Nothing else was due. Took 10mins to do this as again she didn't know what she was doing and needed to get help again.

I understand there is a learning curve for new staff but surely they should be training on the basics before being put in the role by themselves. At worst there should have been a 'senior' staff member monitoring and assisting her so she could 'learn on the job' without impacting on a customer.

Rooms fine - small, basic but clean. Location quite central too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Ibis Belfast City Centre? Share your experiences!