“funky spot” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ginger Bistro

Ginger Bistro
7-8 Hope Street, Belfast BT12 5EE , Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)
028 90244421
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 732 Restaurants in Belfast
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Golden Mile
Bangor, United Kingdom
“funky spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Second time at this neat little restaurant just off what was once the Golden Mile in downtown Belfast and well pleased. Lots of fresh fish and organic stuff. Had the sea bream and it was great. Others in the company has sea bass and again were well satisfied. A good wine list without being too silly, processor. Great staff. Highly recommended

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Perfect mix between top class food and casual style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I don't like dressing like a penguin to go for a great meal, but I like top class food and I have no problems paying good money for it. Let me say that Ginger Bistro is the perfect place for that.

I booked on a Monday night (my birthday) with my gf and I'm glad I did, cause the place became packed 10 minutes after we sat down: we thought that if it happens on a normal Monday it must be good. And it was good.

I had scallops, lamb and apple crumble, while the lady had duck, chicken and crème brulee. We washed all of that with a really good bottle of Valpolicella (I always stick to my Italian traditions): great food, great seasoning, maybe just the chicken was a bit plain, but everything else was top class and there wasn't really anything to complain about.

Before choosing a place, I always check the "terrible" reviews on Tripadvisor and I can't believe people complained about the absence of stuff to choose from: the first rule about a good restaurant menu is to keep it short and simple (that's how the chef focuses on making great food). At the same time I can't believe someone would complain because the staff is "in their face": would you prefer to be left alone the whole evening with no one asking you if you need something?

Just a request to the person running the restaurant page here: it's kind of impossible to keep the bill between 12-20 cause there's simply too much good stuff to try. I ended up paying
85 pounds for both of us and it was definitely very well spent money.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I loved the fact that they were playing (at a reasonable volume) good music in there: who else likes The Clash here?

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belfast
“Fantastic food, even better service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We enjoyed a really excellent meal here, both starters of scallops and duck were great, my main dish of seabass was outstanding. Throughout staff were extremely attentive and welcoming, making a lovely cocktail for us even though they do not have a list. Would recommend and hope to return soon.

Newry
“Would definitely go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Wanted somewhere nice for our wedding anniversary and picked this based on the reviews on here. We were not disappointed. The food was lovely. I am vegetarian and there were proper vegetarian options on the menu, not just some afterthought. All 3 courses were excellent, staff were friendly, the place was clean. My husband also enjoyed his steak. Happy customers all round

Imatra, Finland
“Money well spent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Recommended by a staff member from my hotel. Great service since the whole restaurant was packed and everyone seemed really busy. I really enjoyed the food. The food really had some thought and care behind it. The only negative was my main, chickenbreast was overcooked. Anyway, you should definitely go to Ginger Bistro. A 4 and a half...

Visited May 2013