“Christmas atmosphere with great service and food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Other Place

The Other Place
79 Botanic Avenue, Belfast BT9 7GQ, Northern Ireland (Queen's Quarter)
02890207200
Improve this listing
Ranked #503 of 778 Restaurants in Belfast
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Queen's Quarter
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Christmas atmosphere with great service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We organised our Christmas party and planned to eat in a restaurant that offered bring your own bottle, from our group of 16 there was an overall favourite vote for The Other Place . I had never been as I live out of town but my daughter has talked about The Other Place and commented on the good food. 11 of our 16 had eaten there before, now I see why !! The atmosphere was great and the staff where all full of life and created a bond with every table . The Christmas menu was the normal Christmas menu that you can get in any restaurant but it was exceptional . The food was served fast and was piping hot even though the place was packed the staff gave us plenty of attention. Thanks for starting our night out with a real eating experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Scotland
“Fantastic Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I popped into The Other Place on Tuesday morning after just arriving in belfast. What a gem of a place. We were met by a friendly waitress who, after taking us to our table asked if she could get us a tea or coffee. It was like popping in to see a friend. We had a lovely breakfast. I don't normally eat a fry but being in NI we had to have it... We were not disappointed. It was so delicious, and not greasy that we just had to go back again today. If you're in belfast it's a must to visit here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Carlingford, Ireland
“Warning - do not bother!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I went for breakfast in the summer and the pancakes were off. How anyone can serve bad pancakes is beyond me. When I informed the waitress, she told me I was not the first. Surely common sense should have prevailed. The waitress made comments that nothing would surprise her in that kitchen! I stupidly went back today. I got pea and oregano soup and my dad got chicken tagliatelle. Food was disgusing. Pea and oregano soup was thick and salty. Pasta was covered in sauce and dried out chicken.
While there, one lady was complaining that she had been ignored and chose to leave - wise idea! One man was ahead of me complaining and one guy was returning his "chicken" omelette as it consisted of NO chicken. When I told the lady how bad my soup was, she apologised but thought it was still acceptable to charge me for it. I told her I was not paying for the soup and she gae me some story that perhaps the kitchen would say it was a question of taste. The waitresses haven't a clue and appear very disinterested and fed up. All in all, terrible and I (and many others) will never be back. PS Nice interior though!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
N Ireland
“Quick, tasty, friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Arrived around 12.30 for lunch, no problem getting a table. Good selection on the menu we opted for soup and panini's which were delicious. Vegetable soup ( with chicken) was hot and scrum my. Panini was stuffed with mozzarella,sundries tomatoes and chicken. Can't get tap water which is a bit of a down side as I usually drink water with my meal. It didn't put me off and I Would go again.

The young waitress referred to in other reviews describes her as rude, it comes across as surly but she did crack a smile or two and maybe it's shyness?

Didn't stay for desserts.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Good for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

... I don't know about lunch or dinner.

The other place is handy to my office and we regularly (almost every Friday morning) head there for a fry up. Good service, good quality food (not greasy) at good prices.

Some good promotions/offers e.g. toss up tuesdays where you may get your meal free ... based on the toss of a coin

• Visited November 2013