“very handy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Belfast

You added Park Inn by Radisson Belfast to your Saves list
Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Clarence Street West, Belfast BT2 7GP, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Ballyclare
“very handy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

stayed for one night got a good rate - £69 bnb - phoned them and quoted another Hotels rate - they asked what I was expecting to spend and we agreed 69 was sensible.
Bar was very spacious and contemporary - room likewise, though no bath. Breakfast was good and staff efficient. Very central to the lovely City of Belfast.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Wicklow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

Travelled with my two aunts to the Park Inn to do some Christmas shopping. Great experience. I contacted the hotel directly by email because I was finding it really hard to get a hotel in a central location that would take all three of us in the same room and preferably with onsite parking.
Reservations emailed me back promptly and they offered me a twin room with a pullout bed and they gave me a no. of options to choose from. We opted for the VIP Shoppers Package which included bed & breakfast, a bottle of sparkling wine, bathrobes, slippers, a shopping map, city guide, parking onsite in the hotels underground carpark and late check-out. A package well worth paying a small amount extra!
On arrival I checked in while my aunts waited with the car. The staff were very friendly and they gave us a designated parking space and our key cards.
The hotel was very secure - you cannot access the lifts or carpark without having a keycard.
When we got to our room it was a reasonable size considering they had added an extra pullout bed (which was sooo comfy). Our room overlooked the back of the BBC and the patio/terrace area. I was a bit apprehensive because I had read the reviews but it was fine and wasn't noisy. The sparkling wine, bathrobes, slippers, a shopping map & city guide wasnt in the room but I phoned reception and they had this rectified. Huge shower in the bathroom and safe etc were provided.
We ate in the RBG Bar & Grill that night and again staff were so pleasant. The food was delicious - the fish & chips was yum.
Breakfast was the highlight!! The options were endless and the food was both fresh and well cooked. Plenty of variety and no problem in taking some fruit, bread or yoghurts for later. Definitely set us up for more shopping!
The hotel was only a short walk to City Hall & Donegal Square.
I must add that the staff in the shops are very friendly and helpful. Bit of change to Dublin!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

The location of the hotel is good as it is quite central. I was surprised to discover that the hotel is quite new as I thought it was showing some signs of 'wear and tear'. I had asked for a quiet room but was assigned one above the bar which was extremely noisy. Thankfully the noise stopped at a reasonable hour. The rooms are a good size, clean and generally okay. The breakfast was average. While I was at breakfast a fire siren sounded whereupon we were told to leave the hotel. A handful of guests stood outside the door, none of the staff left the premises and after a few minutes we decided to go back inside. Strange experience. I would not return to this hotel as I have previously stayed at the Premier Inn for a better rate and overall a more pleasant experience.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
county down
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for valentines weekend and had a great stay. The hotel is very modern and really clean, we had a really nice time, this was the perfect hotel! The only downfall is that it doesnt have a carpark.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Manchester UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009

The Park Inn is a new hotel on the Belfast landscape. Situated just off Bedford Street opposite the Ulster Hall, the hotel has limited parking directly outside but utilises a nearby city car park for guests. Front of house, Stephen & Andrew are constantly busy as this hotel is now attracting more clientel. I have stayed twice in recent weeks on business and although promised I would be contacted by the sales team to offer a ‘corporate’ rate, I still await.

The busy RBG bar and restaurant is adjacent to reception and is where breakfast is served. Extremely busy during the Christmas period, the smoking area of the bar is situated outside at the rear of the premises. This area becomes busy and noisy which is not good news for residents in the rooms above it.

The hotel has a flamboyant colour scheme and rooms are as equally decorated. Each floor has a snack machine and room service is offered from the RBG. Beds are large and comfortable with tea, coffee & biscuits supplied. The bathroom is spacious with large shower and toiletries are provided in large ‘on the wall’ dispensers. The rooms also have hair dryers, a safe and a flat screen TV with about 20 free channels. The rooms are relatively quiet with only the noisiest of neighbours being heard. Wifi is available, obviously with a charge.

Breakfast is served in the RBG and is hot buffet style with all the usual suspects, bacon, sausage, hash browns, tomatoes, mushrooms et al. There is also a large selection of cereals, yoghurts, juices and breads. Room rate charged was £79, add £10 for breakfast, about par for hotels in Belfast.

If you want a city centre location, at a reasonable price, with reasonable service then you can’t go far wrong with the Park Inn. Would I recommend it to friends or family.. yes I would. Would I stay here again.. yes I would but looking forward to my ‘corporate rate’.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Somerset
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

Stayed here for two nights last week; nice bright furnishing. Helpful staff especially when I needed to check-in early. I agree with previous reviews that some small toiletries e.g.proper shampoo would be helpful, especially given that so many guests will have arrived by air hence will have faced restrictions on carrying liquids.

Need for an additional quieter, residents-focused bar and dining facility. Had to wait 20-25 minutes to get served a single pint at the raucous RBG bar. I did feel that more attention was being given to Christmas parties with their big rounds of drinks.

Given the sensitivites of Northern Ireland, it would have been nice to have had a choice of newspaper, complimentary or not. The only available newspaper is a publication strongly associated with only one of NI's two traditions - unless of course this is deliberate hotel policy.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Ballymena, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

I recently stayed at the Park Inn Hotel in Belfast, my first visit. I was at a city central private party and selected this hotel due to its location. The Park Inn is ideal for those wanting to come to Belfast for a weekend break or business trip if your meetings are in the city centre. The hotel is 2 minutes walk from the City Hall, shops, bars & restaurants.

The bedroom was comfortable and well finished, actually better than some other well-known hotel chains. The Park Inn has a special concession rate with a near-by car-park. Lastly the hotel has a GREAT bar which is certainly one of the more happening places to go to in Belfast. All in all, I had a good stay and will most certainly consider it again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Belfast? Share your experiences!