“Decent business hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Belfast

You added Park Inn by Radisson Belfast to your Saves list
Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Clarence Street West, Belfast BT2 7GP, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Sale
“Decent business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here, for the 3rd time, on 12th August. As business class hotels go, this is a nice one. The location is good, in the centre of the city, just 5 minutes walk from the City Hall, with plenty of bars and restaurants around. Check in is always quick and the hotel staff are always efficient and courteous. The rooms are a decent size and are always clean and tidy. There is a TV, tea and coffee making facilities and complimentary water. The bathroom is a good size, always spotless with a large shower cubicle. The bar area is quite nice, if slighlty too dark, for my liking and the RBG restaurant serves decent food, although I did not eat there, this time. Breakfast is served there, in the morning and is good, if not spectacuar. As a hotel for the business traveller, it is perfect and it is also worth bearing in mind, if you are coming to Belfast, for a short break.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our City and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Should you be a frequent business traveller to Belfast, please do not hesitate to contact our City Director of Sales, Yvonne, regarding the possibility of corporate rates that may apply. Alternatively, please allow me to remind you of our loyalty scheme, used by many of our regular Corporate and Leisure Guests; Club Carlson. This allows allows you to earn points on every £GBP spent to redeem agains future stays within any hotel in the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group.
Once again, thank you for you review.I do hope you have the opportunity to return to Belfast as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Greenock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have just returned from 3 nights at this hotel. The staff are so friendly and helpful and nothing is any trouble. I had emailed the hotel in advance to ask if we could get an early check in as our flight was getting us to Belfast for 8am. I dealt with a girl called Danielle who couldn't have been more helpful. We arrived at the hotel and were in our room for 10am! Spotless and so peaceful. We were room only so didn't eat in the hotel but the menu looked lovely and was also affordable as some hotels rip you off...this wasn't the case. There is a Weatherspoons just around the corner from the hotel along with a Nando's. Further up from these there is a lovely restaurant Benedict's and the steak is to die for. Downstairs was a pub/ club on the Friday night which we enjoyed after our meal. The hotel is a 5 min walk to the actual town centre. all in all just a great hotel with great staff and a great location for whatever you want to do during your visit. We didn't get to use the sauna/steam room as we were out & about so much. Belfast was really busy the weekend we were there due to the Police & Fire games but this only added to the atmosphere.

Room Tip: Room 634 was on the top floor and furthest away from lifts so meant we got a really peaceful sleep.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
Please be assured I have communicated your review to my entire team, in particular Daniealle, to ensure they are aware of the positive impact they continue to have on our guests' experience.
Once again, thank you for your review. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast in the not too distant future.
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My partner and I spent a couple of days and Belfast and loved the Park Inn hotel. It is conveniently located, rooms are spacious, modern and clean, the staff are very friendly and gave us useful tips - a special mention for Steven, the funniest, most gentle and helpful concierge ever! Restaurant downstairs is really nice. We had a little dinner and we loved the food and atmosphere. I would recommend to check about the parking in advance because the hotel appears to have only a limited amount of lots next-door and we had to park a block away (in-door, safe parking at a reasonable price but still not as close as the hotel's one). Parking aside, this is one of the nicest hotel I have ever stayed and I highly recommend it to all!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
Please be assured I have communicated your review to my entire team to ensure they are aware of the positive impact they continue to have on our guests' experience.
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is a hotel I would stay in again. It has a great location, close to the city centre. My room was a good size, very clean and comfortable. It was decorated in a simple, modern and bright fashion as was the bathroom which had a lovely large shower. The hotel does not have a lot of amenities. The foyer is small but when we arrived we were greeted by a lovely young man who could not have been more helpful. There is a large bar which doubles as a breakfast area. On the Saturday night there was disco music. We were concerned that it would disrupt our sleep, as we were staying on that side of the hotel but actually we heard nothing . We didn't have breakfast included but that was not a problem as the 'Harlem Cafe' across the road is excellent. Great decor! Don't miss it. We also had lunch in 'Dean's Deli' beside the cafe. Excellent also. ElizDublin

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel from the 27th to the 29th of July 2013 in room 207. The room was clean and spacious but had a smell of sweat! That's what we were greeted with when first opened the room door......but this wasn't something that opening the windows couldn't sort. Our bed was comfortable so no complaints with it. That evening we had dinner in the hotel. The hotel's restaurant and bar is all in one and although the bar looks cool not a great place if you want to have a quiet meal. The food itself was fine but nothing to write home about. Our breakfast the next morning was in the same place and it was also nothing to write home about. Our breakfast on the last morning was quite a let down. I had the full Irish to eat and the sausages tasted of and the milk my wife had in her coffee seen to be of too because sank to the bottom of her cup!.....The hotel over all looks clean and comfortable and the staff treated us kind. They just need to up the standard with food. As for location it's central to everything.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am pleased to note your favourable ratings regarding location and accommodation and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I am disappointed to read of your experience in RBG Bar & Grill and that it was not to your satisfaction. Please be assured this assured that these items will be addressed with both our RBG Manager and Head Chef to ensure no repeat in the future.
Once again, thank you for your review. I do hope you would choose to return as I very much look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast when I am confident you will note a marked improvement.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We booked this place last minute being part of the WPFG in Belfast in August and were very happy with our choice. Staff was friendly and very helpful and the location is fantastic, walking distance to everything, shops, restaurants, sights and nightlife. The rooms were modern, clean and spacious and had everything you need, free WiFi, AC, big bathrooms, safe etc. The Bar downstairs had good and reasonable priced food. Would definitely stay here again and will put the Park Inn's on our travel radar now for other locations we go to in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your most positive review and recommendation of our hotel and the Park Inn by Radisson brand.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the World Police and Fire Games, and that we were able to exceed your expectations while with us. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Hope to see you back in Belfast soon, as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
Grand Rapids, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed here for our final two nights of holiday in Ireland and Northern Ireland. We weren't expecting luxury, but we wanted a clean room in a good location in Belfast. The Park Inn delivered on our expectations.

We arrived mid-day and we were lucky enough to get one of the limited (2-3?) spots in the underground car park. The car park was heavily secured with a chain gate and doors that locked both directions. One of the locks stopped working, but the hotel staff promptly apologized and worked to resolve the issue. I believe most guests park in a different location a short walk from the hotel.

As members of Club Carlson, our status was recognized at check-in, but no upgrades were available for our second night, so we received a standard room. My wife almost fell over when she saw the "decor" of our room -- VERY bright red, white, and blue. We've stayed in a number of Park Inns in the past, and we are aware of their preference toward bright colors, but our room in Belfast took this to a whole new level.

Besides feeling a bit like we were sleeping in a British flag, the room was spacious and clean.

The front desk helped us book a black cab tour with the tour company we requested, and everyone we encountered was polite and accommodating. On the second day, we even found out that breakfast was included in our room rate, even though we didn't know about it -- good thing we asked! The hotel pub/restaurant was beautiful, and the breakfast buffet was extensive and tasty.

We were able to walk all over Belfast from the Park Inn, and we felt safe returning late at night after being at the pubs. The location was about as central as it gets, just a few blocks from City Hall.

In summary, here are our tips for future visitors:

* If you're driving, ask for a space in the underground car park. You may get lucky and receive one!
* Even if you're using points or your room rate didn't mention breakfast, be sure to ask if breakfast is included.
* Bring some sunglasses for the room colors. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your most positive and detailed review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our City and that we were able to meet your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Please be assured your comments regarding some missed communications from our Front Desk team will be addressed to ensure no repeat in the future - I am sorry that you missed Breakfast on one of the days.
I do hope you had a safe journey home at the end of your vacation and that you will have the opportunity to return to Belfast as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
Michael

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Belfast? Share your experiences!