“Catch-up with friends” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Belfast

Save Saved
You added Park Inn by Radisson Belfast to your Saves list
Park Inn by Radisson Belfast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Clarence Street West, Belfast BT2 7GP, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Letterkenny, Ireland
“Catch-up with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed here recently with two friends for a catch-up, so we were looking for somewhere which could hold three to a room. This apparently is not something offered by too many hotels in Belfast so we were pleased that the Park Inn could do it. The hotel is very central, just around the corner from Great Victoria Street bus & train station, and a short walk to the city centre shops and bars. As soon as we arrived we found the staff very helpful and we were checked in very quickly. We opted to have our lunch at the hotel bar (RBG). It was a great menu, good price, and as a vegetarian I had a few options to choose from (which is not often the case). They also had a great selection of cocktails. The room was a good size, and everything was spotless and new. In the morning the buffet breakfast had all the usual you would expect; cereals, breads, hot food etc., and a great range of teas to choose from. Altogether this is a great hotel and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
MichaelWeston, Director of Operations at Park Inn by Radisson Belfast, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our City and that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Once again, thank you for your review. I do hope we will see you again for your next catch up. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast in the not too distant future.
Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Greek first
Newry, Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

A few of my extended family (female) met up in Belfast for a two night stay in the Park Inn hotel. They had stayed here before but it was my 1st time staying there. Staff were very friendly and pleasant. One of our party couldn't come at the last minute due to a medical issue, but the check in staff kindly cancelled one of our rooms and added a third bed into one of the rooms for us and didn't charge us for the late cancellation of the room. The rooms are tidy, there is a great shower in the bathroom and the bar is excellent. We ate both nights in the RBG restaurant/bar that is attached to the hotel and the food was very good. The location of the hotel is perfect, just off Bedford Street so close to everything. We spent a full day shopping and it was great not to have to walk too far laden with shopping! You couldn't hear a thing at night which was great too. The breakfast buffet was very good with everything you would want from cereals to fruit to cooked items, etc. I asked for a fried egg as there was only boiled or scrambled on offer and it was not a problem and brought to my table. I would certainly stay here again if I was visiting Belfast again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I do hope your friend is now in better health and that perhaps you all will have the opportunity to return to Belfast as we very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
Macroom, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The first thing to say is that this is not a Radison. We stayed here on a bargain break package and on reflection, as loyal Radison fans, we would have paid the extra, stayed at the Radison proper and picked up the loyalty points against future stays. This is a budget hotel and for what it is it is fine but it is very basic. The staff were all friendly and helpful and that friendliness started when we arrived. They gave us, at our request, a room high up at the back overlooking the BBC car park rather than the road. It was double room with a basic bed and the flimsiest of duvets, barely big enough to cover the bed. We rang reception and second duvet was immediately delivered, so we had a good nights sleep.

To go back to the word 'basic', the breakfast was basic but good. It was a buffet with a cooked breakfast, hot and well prepared, a bit of fruit and cereal and nothing else, nothing like the usual Radison buffet. We pottered around for the day in the city centre (Georges St market and Bittles old pub with bottled Armagh cider were highlights) and the hotel is very well situated for city centre pottering.

The second morning, I decided to go down early to sit and read but (budget hotel) discovered there was no lobby sitting area, only the breakfast room. I wanted to send some e-mails, but unlike most hotels these days, there was no complimentary Wi-Fi, so I opted out of the outrageous charges and used a much cheaper Internet café later in the day.

Our deal included a dinner and we had already selected our choices, mine meaty, my partner's fishy, from the menu in the room. When we came into the restaurant, we were handed a different and very poor menu of cheap dishes. We had no interest in any of it and the head waiter agreed after a prolonged conversation, that he would ask the chef if we could each have a steak if we skipped the other courses. The chef agreed and sent us out two pretty poor steaks marinaded in something overpowering and not very , supposed to be sirloin but certainly not. My partner said 'no sauce or chips, rare, extra salad if possible' and I said 'rare, with sauce and chips.'. The steaks came out medium to well done and marinaded in something overpowering and probably not home made. My partner got pepper sauce and chips and so did I. I was delighted to get the chips (a rare treat) and they looked fantastic but they were not real chips, just the reconstituted oven variety, McCains or whatever. So really we wrote off our dinner.

Final observations. 1. Beware of weekend packages offering more than they deliver. 2. I have no real complaints about this hotel, but... 3. You get what you pay for

Room Tip: High up at the back, nice and quiet, so you can open the window
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit to Belfast and your favourable ratings regarding our location and service.
I am however disappointed that we were not able to exceed your expectations. Given your preference for the Radisson Blu brand, I understand why this is may be the case. As always, our Operation is continually under review and your comments are communicated to our entire team so as to address any items that you felt shortcoming. Our other reviewers have noted a pleasent dining experience with good choice and value, however again, I am sorry that we were not able to meet your personal expectations.
Please be assured that as we are a member of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, your stay is eligeble for Club Carlson points and I do hope this was advised to you. Should it not have been, I will be only too happy to retrospectively add the points for this stay.
Once again, thank you for your review as it is only through such feedback that we can continually improve. If I may be of assistance with any future reservation either in Park Inn by Radisson, or Radisson Blu Belfast, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (michael.weston@rezidorparkinn.com) as I will be only too happy to assist.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Booked this via the Internet, based on location and price, for myself and my work colleagues.
Must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the overall experience.
Check in was easy and quick. Room was spacious, clean with one of the comfiest beds I've slept on. Bar was lovely, and although we didn't eat, the food looked terrific.
If your looking for a budget hotel that punches above it's weight, then look no further.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return to Belfast in the not too distant future,If I may be of assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (michael.weston@rezidorparkinn.com). I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We recently booked a cocktail making class with bookcocktail.com and RBG Belfast (park inn bar) was our venue. We had a fantastic time. The class was great fun and the barman was very experienced. Would recommend for all, we went as part of a Hen Party.

Would visit again :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of RBG Bar & Grill, Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your cocktail making lessons and our team were able to look after you throughout the evening beyond your expectations.
It is always pleasing to hear of our valued guests' satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I do hope you have the opportunity to return, as we very much look forward to welcoming you back to both RBG Bar & Grill, and Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast in the not too distant future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I stay in Belfast every week and would recommend the Park Inn to anyone visiting on business or leisure.

Very clean, tidy and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. On arrival they always have my paperwork out ready to sign, Internet access all set up and and ironing board ready and waiting in the room for me.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Mr Blackburn,
Thank you for your review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
It is always a pleasure to look after returning guests and I thank you for choosing to return. Please be assured I have communicated your review to my entire team to ensure they are aware of the positive impact they continue to have on our guests' experience.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to review. I very much look forward to seeing you again next week.
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This location of this hotel is great and within walking distance of the centre.
Hotel staff were very accommodating and polite. The rooms are light and bed really comfy, the only thing I would say is the quilt was more suited to summer but i think that is a personal thing.

We had breakfast included in the price and it was great, we also had a bar meal there which was good as well.

All in all good value for money and I for one would stay there again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your most positive review of Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to our City and that we were able to meet your expectations. It is always pleasing to hear of a valued guests satisfaction and I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Please be assured that any requests for changes in bed linen are happily accommodated at any time.
Once again, thank you for your review. I do hope you have the opportunity to return to Belfast as I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson, Belfast.
Michael

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Belfast? Share your experiences!