“bad experience but all turned good” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rooms from £61
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
fermanagh
“bad experience but all turned good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Have just returned from the premier inn cathedral quarter after spending 2 nights as a complimentry guest due to a issue i had need to complain about at another one of there hotels (not a sleep issue complaint) I experienced a first class stay from check in to departure all the staff were pleasant and most helpful. It is in an excellent area for everything from shopping to dining all within walking distance. Parked the car in anne st carpark from fri 5pm until sun 1.30pm at a cost of 22.80 good value for city centre location. Had breakfast both morning it was excellent we will definately return some time soon. We dined in ten square on the fri nite £25 for starter, steak, dessert, glass of wine again excellent value for money. Only sad part for my husband was as my last experience he was not in attendence took me to the Merchant hotel across the road for a night cap treat :) prob cost as much as the room in the premier inn would have cost had we been paying lol but i didn't complain!!!! so premier inn belfast an thankyou to marion mckean and whitbred group all good in belfast

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stay there with my wife for 3 nights. We were in Belfast for a concert on the Odyssey and a short vacation. The hotel is well located, in a nice part of the city centre. Service was good. No complain.

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed here for two nights, choosing it for it's location. Every member of staff were encountered were friendly and helpful, treating guests like old friends! The rooms were exactly as one would expect, ours looked on to the street so there was some noise late at night, however this is the price you pay for a city location. We tried the continental and cooked breakfast and enjoyed both.

St Albans Herts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We booked this with another couple when we planned a weekend trip to Belfast from the London area. We booked some way out so get two nights for a very attractive price. The actual hotel part of the stay was pretty much what we expected from a Premier Inn. Good Value, Clean, all the basics and at the price we got, it was all that ona very good deal. What took this one above the rest though, was the quality of the adjoining bar & restaurant. We dined there on the Saturday night and enjoyed good quality food at a reasonable price. In fact most restaurants in the immediate vicinity seemed to close at around 6pm so it turned out to be pretty much our only option without travelling too far. We weren't disappointed though and they offered a pretty extensive menu. The most endearing thing about the place though was the staff, in the hotel, in the restaurant and behind the bar. They were friendly, helpful and couldn't do enough for us. A real credit to the place. Given the pretty central location, if you want a budget price stay in Belfast, with a good quality restaurant and great friendly, attentive staff, look no further. Top marks to this premier Inn !

Donegal Town, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night on the 17th May 2013 – and luckily that was all. A friend of mine booked this hotel on our behalf thinking it would be handy given the location, and reasonable for a one night stay. Whilst enquiring about room availability and options it was suggested that a family room would be the best bet – accommodating up to 3 people. I now know this hotel does not provide rooms to accommodate 3 adults. A standard request you would think? But not at the Premier….
On arrival at the hotel my friend and I checked in… we were then joined at a later time by the third person accompanying us on our stay.
The room was complete with a double bed and a single bed, quite satisfactory for 3 adults – and given that it was a family room had a considerable amount of extra space.
When we returned from a night out, going on approximately 1.30 am – we were refused entry to the room because one of our guests was not listed on the ‘guest list’. As they had arrived later in the day, their name was not added to the room at reception - however given the advice that was provided when booking we didn’t see this as a problem – the room was booked for 3 and the room could sleep up to 3 people. All 3 of us had been coming in and out of the hotel throughout the course of the night, yet they decide to question us and tell us of their ‘policy’ at 1.30 AM in the morning.
Despite explaining the situation to the two staff members at the desk, we were simply getting nowhere. They more less told us, this was policy and we could find an alternative hotel or they could give us another room priced at £90.00 (for a double room – disabled – and the only option available - the rest of the hotel was fully booked). Only for the fact I had few drinks on the night I would have returned to my room, packed my bags and left. I was entirely disgusted at the lack of reasoning offered and the attitude of staff whilst trying to explain the situation. I understand they have a policy to adhere to but given the fact that we were given the wrong information by the hotel in the first instance, it was so late at night, and there was very little options available, I thought some form of reasoning could have been offered. Kris, the only member of staff, which name I got, was the only one I could say seemed rational/understanding in listening to what we had to say, but in that he was not in the position to offer some form of acceptable resolution. This is without doubt something the hotel needs to consider. Perhaps a reduced rate? Fee for an extra adult? Or indeed it needs to be made explicitly clear by all members of staff when enquiries are made that family rooms only accommodate up to 2 adults, regardless of the situation – staff members simply ‘rambling’ this is our policy, I can see if there is another hotel around for you, it is against our fire/ health and safety regulations is not exactly acceptable or responses which going to be effective in dealing with the customer at that time. Why have a bed in a room if it cannot be used (by an extra adult)?, yet – you can have TWO 15 years in the room (classified as children) but not one extra adult. I would imagine this alone would pose more of a safety risk given the size of the rooms. Are two 15 year olds expected to sleep in one single bed?
At this point I was that disgusted at the situation and seeing that it was going nowhere I agreed to pay the charge of £90.00 for an extra double room (the only one available), £15.00 more than that of the family room originally booked. The basic of basic room which is absolutely ridiculous for this class of hotel. Overall our night at the Premier Inn cost £165.00 for ONE night for THREE adults.

The girl at the desk in the morning clearly knew of our situation but proceeded to ask myself and my friend – how was our stay? Why would you even bother, given the fact that she was completely aware of the situation. I simply told her I was not impressed by the hotel and I wouldn’t be back. It was my intention to simply hand back the key and leave but she prompted with various questions and it was almost as if she wanted some form of confrontation – her attitude was less than desirable, providing the same ‘rant’ as detailed above. She also made the point of saying she had seen the notes with regards our stay - so why question the situation again? I would believe and suggest that the ‘Premier Inn’ would need to invest some time and money in reviewing a range of policies and procedures to include that of staff attitude/training, dealing with complaints, health and safety and general good practice guidelines when dealing with customers.
The hotel overall is basic, and whilst I appreciate it is a low budget hotel, I do not think that £90.00 per night for such a room is ‘cheap’ or indeed a ‘good deal’. There is absolutely nothing premier about this hotel in any respect.

Other points to consider:
Very unhygienic having the sink outside the toilet.
Smell from shower area was quite unpleasant – almost as if damp.
Nail polish spilled over the sink – obviously housekeeping missed this.
No hand wash in container – obviously not refilled.
Poor lighting in room - switch on the bathroom light at night, and the bedroom is flooded with light from the sink area. Both lights on the same switch – why ?
No room service available.
You have to pay for wi-fi – oh, bar your FREE 30 minutes, seriously – in this digital day and age?
AND when I went to the bar for a drink I had the pleasure of being charged £5.05 for a glass of wine. Wasn’t so much the price, but the fact that it was quarter filled with the contents of a bottle that was clearly lying for some time - it was disgusting. One sip and it went down the sink.

I have stayed in some gorgeous hotels around the World and it is safe to say, I shall never be returning to any of the Premier Inn establishments…It really does pay to go for a little bit of class.

Kilkeel, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

From start to finish great friendly staff. Meeting Marty in the morning breakfast is a must, he's friendly and good craic.. Good Central location, bout 10 min walk from the Odessey Arena. Gonna head back soon as this is an inexpensive hotel in a great location with great staff

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were visiting Belfast to see Titanic Belfast and this was the ideal location as within walking distance of this and many of the other attractions of Belfast. Comfortable hotel as was to be expected from this company. We dined in on one night and enjoyed a lovely meal. My friend unfortunately had a bad night on the 1st night as the springs of the mattress were protruding - however after reporting this the following morning this problem was rectified. They did not however stand by the guarantee of a good night's sleep and we got no refund!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Premier Inn Belfast City Cathedral Quarter? Share your experiences!