“Good food and nice ambience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Conor

Cafe Conor
11a Stranmillis Road, Belfast BT9 5AF, Northern Ireland (Queen's Quarter)
02890 663266
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Queen's Quarter
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Good food and nice ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had actually seen and jotted the details of this place from an Indian Travel show highlighting Ireland. Visited on a sunday afternoon. Lots of business being done. I ordered the fish and chips which was good, My son ordered the Chilli chicken with rice which I tasted and was really good, I liked the atmosphere
My only dislike though is I was seated at the back near the toilets !
The waiting staff although busy were pleasant and attentive. Bill for 4 with 1 wine glass and soft drinks + 2 plates of dessert ~ £60

• 4 of 5 stars Food
mrwilliamclark, Owner at Cafe Conor, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thanks for your review, I'm glad you enjoyed Conor. The NDTV documentary that you watched was a pleasure for us to be involved in, Aneesha Baig and her team were very professional.
ps. sorry you didn't like table 1, next time i hope we can get a table at the front of the room for you!

72% Recommend
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good Sunday brunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Family of five called in for Sunday brunch.
Nice place, right across from Botanic park and the ulster Natural History museum.

Food was very tasty, although one child had to wait 10 minutes longer than everyone else.
Very busy, we arrived in time to avoid a queue, however on our departure the queue was into the street.
We ate Waffles with bacon and maple syrup x2, Full fry x1, Egg, beans and potato bread x1, Scrambled eggs and wheaten x1. 3 Hot chocolates and 2 teas. Total cost was £37.
This felt pricey to me.

We enjoyed the visit, but the price will put us off another spontaneous visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Unremarkable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

No spark. Waiter kept forgetting things. The most basic bacon bap
Even charged for the milk in ones coffee. Dear and very basic

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Consistently brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Cafe Conor was the first 'eaterie' I went to when I first visited Belfast. At the time, being an Englishman so used to poor food and worse service, I was knocked out. Things have changed a lot food-wise in Belfast since even then, with a much wider choice. I've now lived here 11+ years and I still go back. I think it's maybe changed management since 2002, but the food seems to stay consistently good. It's varied, well presented, well balanced and there's always a few favourite dishes they keep on the menu. My wife and I recently went and had yummy satay curry and chicken pasta.
The staff are almost always very efficient, relaxed and friendly, although we have encountered the odd exception but not for a while. The manager(ess) on last Fri 30th Aug is just lovely.
Only a couple things to warn you about, there's no disabled access which is a shame. The room has a very high ceiling, so it's very echoey, so not good for the hard of hearing, and it's really not child/pram friendly. But, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, even us parents like to go places that don't have play areas and stuff occasionally!
One of our utter favourites. A great place. And you can go and walk off your meal in botanic gardens afterwards!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Posh fish and chips just ain't what they used to be ...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Posh fish and chips just ain't what they used to be, even if you eat them with an accompanying glass of Pinot. If Conor is aiming for boho chic then either go the whole hog and make the dishes as eccentric as the art that hangs on the walls or play it straight and serve decent food at a decent price. At present the food is far too expensive given how basic it actually is and the service leaves a lot to be desired.

• Visited March 2013