“Great hotel - service - ambiance - location - perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast

You added The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast to your Saves list
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-3 Great Victoria Street, Belfast BT2 7BQ, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
San Diego, Cal.
“Great hotel - service - ambiance - location - perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

I came to Belfast for a weekend by myself while working in Dublin. I picked the hotel for its location and the reviews I had read. The location was terrific a short walk to the city center and near great pubs and next to the Opera House. Loved the decor. The room had everything I needed or expected from a 5 star hotel including an umbrella which was great given that it rained the first day. I was most impressed with the service from the concierge who suggested I book a table at Menu for dinner after I inquired about the restaurant to the front desk clerk who took it upon herself to call me a taxi after I told her what I was trying to do while checking luggage. But the best example of their service was Gareth in the restaurant. He was part of my service team for dinner on Sat. night. He noticed me at breakfast the next morning. He stopped by, greeted me by name, and asked how my evening had been. That is the service I expect from a 5 star hotel. I can't wait to stay in another Fitzwilliam’s property.

Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I can not rave about this hotel enough. The style and expert service in which we recieved was with out a doubt the best you could ever wish to get. The pre theatre dinner was excellent and the staff in the resturant where so professional I could not complain about anything in the entire hotel. This is a must see hotel I promise you will not be disapointed.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

What a lovely surprise ! Great location next to the Opera House and just down the block from the City Hall Square and shopping districts. Cool and fresh design with great colorways and gentle balance between modern-almost zen, and cozy. Rooms have lovely delicate touches like candles in the room and bath, great bath products, tea service tucked away but accessible, great linens... Afternoon tea by the groovy fireplace, and a generous lobby library are great touches to the common space. Staff were MORE than accomodating and helpful, and the Irish spirit of hospitality is alive and well. The FitzWilliam Belfast was one of the most pleasant travel surprises of late. Would go back here in a minute !!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
belfast, northern ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Fitzwilliam over the Valentines weekend and absolutely loved it! We stayed in a superior king room and were amazed at how big the room was! We couldn't fault the quality or the decor, which was very nice! I have never stayed in a hotel with such an unusual style, and i loved it!

We had dinner in the bar downstairs and weren't really impressed with the service; the barman walked past me 4 or 5 times before actually acknowledging me, which I could understand if it was really busy, but at this time the bar wasn't. However, the waitressing service more than made up for this, they couldn't have been more helpful and were very quick with drinks orders.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

We had to stay for 6nights,otherwise we would have moved. Terrible lack of staff training and no managers around until several complaints were lodged by other members of the group. Rooms unmade at 5.30pm .Shortage of towels, even though they mention them in their ads. Gym, not as described. No water, dirty towels on the floor. Noisy, uncomfortable dining room. Poor service, terrible breakfast buffet that was not replenished all the time..
Bathroom had one small shelf for toiletries.Only 2 drawers for clothing and they were at floor level. Very dark corridors. Designer chic gone mad !! Do they ever stay in the hotels they design?

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
carnoustie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

i am a frequent traveller to Belfast and this was the first time i had stayed at the Fitzwillliam. I remember passing it on open top bus tour of Belfast when i was over last September and thinking `gosh that looks lovely - i could never afford to stay there'. Well , low and behold, when i was arranging my recent trip i was surfing hotels in Belfast and clicked on a `mystery hotel' which had an offer on - you dont actually see what hotel it is until you pay for it. I clicked on it and , guess what ? i got the Fitzwilliam. I was not disapointed , From moment i booked in till moment i left they could not have been more helpful - the reception. breakfast staff, night staff......everyone !! Big thankls to Amy for sorting out my wine on the sat night when i couldnt get the cork out the bottle !!!(no laffing at the back now) My friend came down on the sat night and she was very impressed . I am already arranging my next visit over to Belfast later this year and will certainly be staying at the Fitzwilliam. My one, and only, moan - cost of breakfast very very expensive - mind u it does set you up for the day.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

Truly fantastic hotel with great rooms, spotlessly clean, ultra smooth service, fantastic breakfast, ultra smooth bar, great design and a cracking restaurant by any standard and certainly well above the standard of most hotel restaurants included in what is probably the best hotel I've stayed at in all of the UK. Location is great close by some fantastic restaurants within literally 1 minute walk - James St South and Deanes.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast? Share your experiences!