“Excellent!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast

You added The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast to your Saves list
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-3 Great Victoria Street, Belfast BT2 7BQ, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in for 1 night with friends and had an amazing stay. rooms were beautiful and spacious and very clean. staff were all very friendly and the 2 conceirge were great! Really friendly and helpful. i left my charger behind and they offered to post it out to me. will def be back!

• Stayed May 2013
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear leoaine

Many thanks for your recent review on your stay at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It was lovely to read how you found our staff very helpful and especially our Concierge. I will certainly be sharing this feedback with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Carolyn Matthews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Excellent, stayed in a standard room and couldn't ask for more. Lovely location, lovely staff and the valet parking was a dream also.

Bonus points for catching up with us as we were leaving to return a phone that was left behind.

Room Tip: We had a room facing north and it was excellent.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear iampatrickkennedy

Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback of your most recent visit to The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoy your visit and how highly you value the location and staff. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Housekeeping barged into our suite unannounced. Money taken from my bank account without notice that I still haven't had a response to. Contacted the hotel now over 3 times for a refund...but no response. I took my wife for a relaxing night at a well renowned Belfast hotel and left sorely disappointed. Would not recommend & would prefer to stay at other quality Belfast hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear naysayer74

I am very concerned to read of you most recent experience at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast and I would very much like to discuss your comments further. Please can you kindly contact me direct at the hotel?

Kindest regards
Aberdeenshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Hotel is shown as “not-rated” in Belfast tourist information, but from our experience we would estimate it to be on level with other 4 star establishments we have used. Rooms are large, comfortable, clean and well serviced/presented. Good location, close to Belfast Civic hall and within easy walking distance of restaurants, shops and tourist attractions. Friendly and helpful staff. Good bar/restaurant and lounge area.
Only downside was the price of parking - £15 to£17 per night (only paid slightly more than that to rent the car, for the day!). One tip/piece of advice is not to use hotel parking, but to drive 30 metres further west along Grosvenor Road (B38) and park (on right hand side of road) in McCausland (secure/manned) 24 hour car park. If you show a proof of staying in a local hotel (e.g. door pass), you can park from 5 pm to 10 am for the sum of just £5 for the night.

Room Tip: Lot of road noise in Belfast - sirens. Higher floors may be better
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear cymru1948

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review. It was lovely to read how you enjoyed our rooms, location and service provided by our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed with my 14month old daughter and our stay was excellent from start to finish. The Hotel is so well located right in the city centre and with parking available. Very modern and clean hotel.
The breakfast was very nicely presented and great selection with friendly helpful staff especially with my young daughter !
Dinner was excellent in very relaxing surroundings.
Overall we had a very enjoyable stay here and will definitely return, the staff are a credit to the hotel and management.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear tonikinahan

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the team to be very helpful, especially with your daughter. I have shared your comments with the team and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

tyrone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I stayed here for my birthday in January, I thought it would be quiet with it being just after christmas and I thought. People wouldnt have they money but I waz wrong! There was a fantastic buzz in the bar cocktails were gorgeous!! We had way to many! My fiance is more a beer or grey goose drinker and he even had a few cocktails! We left the hotel to go to am pm for dinner it was lovely and we stopped at a few bars but we couldn't wait to get back to the hotel! We stayed in the residents bar to late, and we didnt have to check out until 1:00. Pm brill a nice long sleep! The rooms were big and modern clean and staff were so nice esp bar staff, there cocktails were too good, cant wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear umbrella_9

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay.

I am very happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and especially found the bar staff helpful and nice. I have taken the pleasure of sharing your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend booked us into the Fitzwilliam as a surprise to celebrate my 30th. We normally stay in more basic places, so it was a treat to stay somewhere more posh!

When we arrived late on Friday night, the staff on reception couldn't have been more welcoming - they were very friendly, and happy to help with everything from recommending restaurants for the next night, to directions to the Giants Causeway and were so enthusiastic about both the hotel and Belfast.

The room was beautiful - black, white and yellow sounds like it wouldn't work as a colour scheme, but it did here. As we walked into the room some classical music was playing - we eventually tracked it down to a stereo in the wardrobe. It's little touches like this that make the Fitzwilliam so special.

The bed was huge, and very comfy, and there were black out curtains so we slept soundly. My boyfriend had asked for a room with a view, so we were on the 7th floor.

The lobby was beautiful, and the bar menu plentiful and well chosen with a nice buzz in the bar.

The breakfast was very tasty too!

There's only a couple of minor negative points to report - 1. The parking was expensive at £17 a night (we got round this by using the nearby carparks - thankyou parkopedia!), and 2. The cafetiere in our room didn't work (a very small point indeed, given that I have never been provided a cafetiere in a hotel room before).

Altogether, it was a perfect base for our weekend in Belfast. We rarely return to places, as we'd always rather check out somewhere new, but we might have to make an exception here!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear catherineofyork

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your comments to the team. I look forward to welcoming you back for another experience at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

Carolyn Matthews

Been to The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast? Share your experiences!