“5 stars all the way” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast

You added The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast to your Saves list
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-3 Great Victoria Street, Belfast BT2 7BQ, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Oslo
“5 stars all the way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

At first sight, this inconspicuous hotel turned out to be a great stop on our Irish road-trip. Everything from the valet parking to the turn down service was phenomenal. King size beds, robes, great bar and central location. By far Belfast's best hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Magnus C

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your stay at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be an ideal location. I will certainly be passing your feedback on to the relevant teams.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

Carolyn Matthews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Lovely hotel in a great location. Bar and restaurant great and a really good breakfast with a very wide selection. The only thing I didn't like was the corner of the bed was covered by the duvet and where it sticks out you can't see it and I kept banging in to it. Also there seemed to be a lack of power points in the room. I will be staying at this hotel again and recommending it to others. We were lucky as we got a great deal and so it did not cost the earth.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Charlie896

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such kind comments of your recent stay at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast. I am delighted to read that you had the opportunity to enjoy dinner in our restaurant and drinks in our bar. We will also be taking on board your comments reference the bed and lack of power points.

I will share your kind comments with all teams involved. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast in the near future.

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

my partner and i chose to stay at the Fitzwilliam hotel in march this year ,,we had three children with us all under 5 so we weren't really expecting to have a great experience,, upon arrival we were met by a lovely guy who happened to be the conceriege at the hotel his name was declan, he got us checked in with no hassle he helped us 2 r room with our baggage and the children which was a lot,, when we got inside the room it was better than we thought, it was beautifully decorated and the view was amazing and we had everything we needed, before leaving our conceriege declan made it quiet clear that if ther was anything at all that we needed during our stay in the hotel just to pick up the fone and he would sort it out for us,,which we done quiet alot and true to his word he was at r door in 5 mins with watever we needed,, he was a true gentleman any1 who has children would understand how much we appreciated this as use know how hard it can be taking children out of ther usual surroundings.. everything all in we had a lovely stay here the treatment we recieved at this hotel was 10/10, and the staff cannot do enough to accomadate you i will definitly be back and reccommend this hotel to all familys.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Danielle M

Thank you for your recent review on your stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast. It was lovely to read how you and your family enjoyed your time with us. I will certainly be passing on your feedback to Declan in particular and the rest of the team.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Incredible rooms, great location, and the staff go out of their way to make your stay great (Concierge was very helpful). Upscale bar was nice as was the restaurant.
Did not know there was a fitness centre, nice surprise. Get a corner room for a great view. A little more $ but worth it.

Dear ediack

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast. I was very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by the concierge and our staff in general. I will certainly be sharing this with the team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant hotel! Good value for money!!
staff & concierge's, customer service from checkin to departure was impeccable, very motivated helpful and friendly.
We had a lovely and plentiful breakfast and dinner in the Restaurant.
Rooms and bathroom were really nice, clean, temperature was just perfect.
I have stayed in 6* hotels where the food and staff where nowhere near as nice as Fitzwilliam.
We just loved this hotel.

Dear Louisabeau

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review in reference to your recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.

It was lovely to read your comments, particularly with regards our staff and the high level of Customer Service provided. I was also pleased to learn that you enjoyed the restaurant.

We do hope you choose the Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast for your next visit to the area. I would personally like to welcome you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

After being in the opera house to see a show my mum and I had dinner in the hotels restrurant,Zara & Katie on reception were both very pleasent and helpful,after a quick drink in the bar which is stunning we went up for our meal. Gavin couldnot have been any nicer,very professional but very approchable,a naturaly lovely guy. I will be back to The Fitzwilliam very soon (hopefuly) Thankyou to everyone in the hotel for a lovely evening,a nice treat for myself but an even nicer one for my mum on her birthday. Julie :) x

• Stayed April 2013
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear julsie21

I am delighted you recently choseThe Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast for dinner in our restaurant and drinks in our bar. Thank you for your feedback which is valuable to us.

I will pass on your kind comments to the team here and I look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My partner and I chose to celebrate our 8 year anniversary at the Fitzwilliam Hotel in Belfast at the recommendation of family who had stayed there in the past. Our choice was one of the best we have made in recent times. The Fitzwilliam made every effort to welcome us and ensure we were treated to the same star level that the beautiful hotel boasts.

From start to finish we were treated like VIPs as the Fitzwilliam has possibly the most attentive staff you will find in any Belfast, or further afield, hotel. The porters and the reception staff had us in our 8th Floor Suite in no time taking in the views over the City and Mountains.

Our room was comprised of a luxurious bedroom, living area complete with TV and radio facilities, a stand alone bath, a sink each along with toilet and shower, which doubled as a lovely wet room to cool down in after soaking in a hot bath, enjoying mountain views.

Nothing was overlooked, as the Fitzwilliam welcomed us with a stunning plate of chocolates in recognition of the occasion.

We enjoyed several cocktails in the bar, after being guided by the expert bar staff, however the highlight of the evening and indeed the stay for myself, was dining in the hotel restaurant.

The Head Chef introduced himself to us, and even complimented our occasion with a glass of champagne and a complimentary course which was out of this world. I love, but often overlook steak in restaurants for other, perhaps more adventurous options, but this was one occasion where I was glad I stuck with my instincts. THAT steak was worth the price of our stay alone! Compliments to the Chef.

We were lucky enough to be shown around the hotel and take in the stunning top floor views, and needless to say this gave us ideas for our next stay.

Our one night stay was rounded off with an amazing breakfast the next morning once again in the restaurant.

The only thing negative I could say about our entire experience at the Fitzwilliam, was that it simply wasn't long enough.

Nothing beats being in our wee town in 5 star luxury, and although I live tremednously close, my partner and I know that we will be back to experience this hotel again.

From the correspondence ahead of our visit preparing us for our stay, to our stay itself and finally to the memories made as a result of spending simply one night in this hotel, I highly recommend that if you are reading this, and have not stayed already, that you rectify this immediately!

Room Tip: Enquire about staying on the upper floors for the best views, as our 8th floor view was priceless!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolyn M, Front Office Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear GT2o1o

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a kind review of your recent stay at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the whole experience including breakfast, dinner in the restaurant and cocktails in the bar. I was also delighted to read that you celebrated your wedding anniversary during your stay with us and we were able to help make it special.

I look forward to welcoming you and your wife here again on your next visit.

Carolyn Matthews

Been to The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast? Share your experiences!