“Lovely hotel, but........” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast

You added The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast to your Saves list
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-3 Great Victoria Street, Belfast BT2 7BQ, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, but........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Enjoyed our recent stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel. Room was large, comfortable bed and lovely bathroom. The things we didn't enjoy were a) they wanted to take £50 credit per night in the bar, and would then credit back onto our credit card any balance left after our stay b) replacing complimentary bottles in the bathroom with near empty ones c) Some of the TV channels were not working all the time. Would stay there again as it was a very good location for public transport and for the city centre.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Fitzwilliam several times and it is one of my favourite hotels in Belfast.

The location is great, rooms are lovely, free wifi, they serve an excellent breakfast and staff are normally very good.

On my most recent stay it fell way short of any previous visits and was a massive disappointment. The first room I was given was much smaller than any room I have stayed in before and was right next to the lift with a constant noise each time a lift arrived. I moved rooms only to end up in a room where the wifi would not work. On speaking to reception they were extremely patronising and insinuated that the wifi was down to me and not lack if signal. The concierge came to the room so I could prove there was no wifi signal. The 3rd room I ended up in had a generator above it which came on at 7am each morning and made it impossible to sleep any longer.

So all in all not a great stay. The concierge was very helpful and a nice guy but I found a couple of the girls on reception to be a little unfriendly and snooty.

I am back in Belfast soon but will most likely try another hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Katie R, Manager at The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Ianto Jones,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast.
I am disappointed to read that you experienced a few issues during your stay and hope you will accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you as a result. I am delighted to share with you that we are addressing the points you raised and understand your frustration on the night. I would hope that if you were to return to the hotel, you would contact myself directly via krobinson@fitzwilliamhotelbelfast.com, to ensure you receive the most suitable room for your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is a great hotel with mostly all round good service. The rooms are clean and have most thinks you would need. Only two pillows on the bed more in the wardrobe but with no covers, I'm sure I could of asked for more covers but really shouldn't have to. The reception staff were great, extremely friendly and informative.
The cocktails at the bar are a must: delicious. Most the bar staff friendly, apart from one sour faced lady that kept pressuring us to settle the bill although we hadn't finished our drinks, this was a complaint of many in the bar that night. Seemed as though she was doing her best to get home early!! Unsure.
Breakfast was delicious, husband didn't get exactly what he ordered the food made up for that though and again I'm sure if we had raised the issue they would of resolved the issue.
I'm just raising the issues so as to give an honest review. However, I must say we would happily stay again. The pros far out weigh the cons.
To finish I would just like to say thank you to all the staff that made us feel welcome and those behind the scenes that keep the hotel running and the rooms so clean which is the main thing we want from a hotel- cleanliness.

• Stayed March 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband & myself stayed in the Belfast Fitzswilliam Hotel recently. The hotel was very good, room pleasant and the bed really comfortable.Staff were very helpful and friendly. The only problem we had was at breakfast when to our disappointment we were let down by the cleanliness of the crockery. Quality of the food at breakfast as llike dinner on previous evening delicious, so would someone please check dishes when they come out of the dishwasher or at least before they get to tables. Having said this it has not put us off and would stay in this hotel again, hoping this was a one off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pentwater, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Good location as we travel by public transportation. The bus depot wasn't far ( 1-2 blocks). Great area to walk to the center of Belfast and the Christmarket. Great bars with Irish music.
The service at the front desk can help in deciding where to eat/ drink.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We spent the night while attending the Grand Opera House (next door). We went for the Pre-Theatre Menu which was great value, 12.95 for two-course meal. The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly. The concierge was excellent and helpful with directions around the city centre. We let the hotel take care of the parking and were able to have them store our luggage and keep the car till 5pm after we checked out, letting us roam the city centre at our leisure. Will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Naples, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed just before Christmas 2012- walking distance to everything, including the holiday matket. Room was spacious and clean. Staff was Superb, gave restaurant recs and advice for our day trips. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast? Share your experiences!