“Beat the Clock!” 4 of 5 stars

44 28 9059 1998
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 735 restaurants in Belfast
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
“Beat the Clock!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Beat the clock menu is hard to beat for value, excellent food - I highly recommend the mussels to start and the sweet chilli potatoes as a side order!

Can't go wrong!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Dinner in chaos”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

What can I say, ive never had a meal like it. Like an episode of Faulty Towers.
Should say this was a thursday night and the restaurant was very busy. This was no excuse, in my mind, for my experience.
First i was seated for 30 mins at a bar COVERED in empty glasses, after being told of a 5 min wait. I was sold drink by the bar staff (curteous if a little pushed/stressed) and told they would be added to my bill. The bar staff, while clearing the empty glasses from the bar, proceeded to throw out the drink he had just sold me a few mins before! This was replaced and apologies were given.
At myr table, i was given menu again and despite telling our waitress i was ready to order, she left me again for 10 mins! By this point the music had been turned up to an earpopping level and i felt as though i was eating my dinner in a nightclub.

The food was quite good, though not overly large portions. I was also led to believe that a side order wasincluded though was told after that this comes seperate, sneaky tactics. Also my second drink I had orderd took well over 10mins to arrive. The service felt very rushed, as though they wanted me in and out asap. I returned to the bar afterwards to finish my drink, as i felt pressured off my table, only to hear who i assume to be the manager (tall with waistcoat) swearing loudly at the staff behind the bar. The barman seemed embarrassed when he left, but remembered me and asked me about my meal. This was a nice touch.
As if to make up for this was when i was about to leave and a waitress (who had served me before) came up to me with a menu and told me mytable was ready!!
Benedicts needs to find a bit more organisation in its restaurant and more staff in busy nights wouldnt go amiss

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
belfast
“beat the clock”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Went here after work with a friend before going to the g.o.h and the beat the clock menu was excellent value for money the service was excellent and the food and wine also

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Beat the CLock”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Was here for a special occassion the food was fantastic the service was excellent and we will definately be back here

Visited September 2012
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

had lunch here on a day trip to Belfast. As always it was very good. Soup and main for £6.95. You couldn't beat it.Staff very friendly and helpful. Had to stay a bit longer than planned and drink more wine as it started raining!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere