“Cocktail Lesson” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 732 Restaurants in Belfast
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Cocktail Lesson”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I recently attended a cocktail lesson "class" in Bendicts. Firstly it ran 1 hour and 20 mins late as they had double booked the private room. When it finally began the gentleman giving the class was extremely rude and did not accommodate the spirit of our hen party. We had to sit in silence for the whole class and where told not to have our phones on the table, it really was like being back at school. As the class went on the ingredients of the cocktails where good as was the variety of the list however if we heard about the recessionary impact once it was mentioned 10 times. For this reason the presentation of the cocktails where in wine classes as normal cocktail glasses where "too expensive". Disappointing to say the least.

Newry, United Kingdom
“Food Poisoned”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Ordered the pasta dish which looked like it have been thrown on the floor then picked up. Was sick all night

sunderland, UK
“The best service I can remember and the food was amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were staying in the hotel and got the 2 day deal which included a 4 course dinner for my wife and I. They have a cracking set menu which I thought they were going to make us order from, and to be honest we would have been happy with that. They said we could order anything we wanted. I had the belly pork to start...the best I have ever had, the knife just slid through it. I had the belly pork the following night at the Barking dog restaurant (which I have also reviewed) and it wasn't as good as at Benedicts and you got about 3 times more belly pork here. The steak I had was really nice, and my wife's dishes were also fantastic. My son had bangers and mash, which was very good also. The staff were amazing with my 3 year old and were just so pleasant all night. The hotel is fantastic, the restaurant was packed and lively but the service was totally on point. Please try is place especially if you are staying at the hotel. There are quite a few bars around, laverys is straight across the road which is a pool hall and bar (one for the boys). Please 'like' if this was helpful.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Champagne Sundays are totally fab :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed here beginning of Sept as a birthday surprise. On a Sunday you can stay for £70 plus a bottle of Moet Chandon or upgrade for an extra £10 to a superior room which is well worth it. Super kingsize bed was super comfy with nice soft bedding. Room was clean and large only minor gripe was grouting around shower area had mildew and the room was too warm:( Had a meal through in the restaurant and was pleasantly surprised but the Beat the Clock deal. Extremely busy so there was somewhat of a delay but for the price really cant complain. Had a few issues sleeping due to noisy muppets in next room but soon rectified by staff :) Breakfast was lovely and plenty of choice and for the £80 it cost for the room and champers would definitely do it again

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Blackpool
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Having read great things we booked our anniversary dinner here, and have come away bitterly disappointed. One problem after another. Firstly they tried to sit us at the top of the stairs where everyone and his wife had to pass on their way in or out, and directly under the air con unit which after 10 seconds was freezing. We asked to be moved, we were...to one table and as we sat down were asked to move to another 2 tables down. Waited ages for order to be taken. No offer of drinks. It was packed and very noisy. Starters were fine, pork belly excellent, then came the wait.....we waited....and waited.....then the plates were cleared.... And we waited...and waited.....on the verge of leaving and going to KFC along the road....mains arrived, dirty steak knife was fortunately replaced before I saw it, food I can only describe as average. We also waited aroung half an hour for a jug of water!! We couldn't bear waiting for desserts, so asked for the bill.....which was wrong, so away it went....amended and brought back, then the card machine was too far away to work. All in all absolutely disastrous. Will not be going back and certainly won't recommend. Our anniversary meal was not as expected, and just to finish off, I asked for a bottle of bubbles on the table when I booked....yep...still waiting for that too!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere