“Believe The Hype!” 4 of 5 stars

Description: New Restaurant: http://www.tripadvisor.com/7181841
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Believe The Hype!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I visited in midweek dinnertime and found the menu Very good!

th ehardest part was chosing my meal, when i could see lovely dishes being served all around me, service/food 1st class I will defiantly going back ASAP!

Visited March 2013

“Not a bad word to say. :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Well what a little treasure we did discover!
After winning a bet with a friend that Wales would beat England in the rugby, I was treated to lunch at a restaurant of my choice. I'd heard many great reviews about Mosaic and decided to have a little nose for myself, I was not disappointed.
As a chef myself and a self confessed foodie I can be a tad critical.
As soon as we arrived we were shown to a table and told of the soup of the day and the days special frittata. Our waitress 'Tara" was friendly & chatty, she clearly knew the menu well and told us of her favorites. We were also told about the up coming Tapas nights and live music on the weekends.
Our orders were taken and our starter arrived promptly, we shared spring rolls with sweet chilli dipping sauce. Sweet, hot & spicy and just the right amount to share of a lunch time.
A nice little breather and our main courses arrived. The presentation was picture perfect, a real piece of eye candy! My friend ordered the King prawn Caesar salad whilst I opted for the mixed platter. The Caesar salad was what I would describe as a "Big Salad" of crisp lettuce and chunky, juicy king prawns cooked to perfection, homemade croutons and a rich creamy dressing. Now for my dish!!! The presentation was faultless, served on a wooden platter were a combination of little lovelies my mouth was watering for. A selection of meats from Parma ham to salamis, the sweetest, stickiest, baby pickled onions, some mini peppers stuffed with soft cheese, sundried cherry tomatoes, a crispy mixed salad, flat bread with a pot of homemade chunky humous and a creamy salad, and the cutest sealed jar of mixed olives. Taste sensation and a easy 5****** rating.
I couldn't help but check out everyone else's food that was being delivered to the other smiling customers. Everything I saw showed that a lot of thought has gone into the menu and how it's presented. From mini fish and chips being served in newspaper and homemade burgers with chips served in a miniature frying basket to the soup served in a miniature saucepan. All very novel without being over the top or tacky.
The decor has a warehouse feel with a touch of class & funk. The lightshade were everything from teapots to bowler hats! And wine glasses fashioned into chandeliers.
I can't wait to go to Mosaic again, I've a feeling my visits shall be often. If this is the things to come for high street we are certainly going in the right direction.
Thanks again to our lovely waitress Tara and for giving us the extensive tapas menu to take home and drool over until we return again. Keep up the great work guys!
Nicky.

Port Talbot, United Kingdom
“thoroughly disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Went here for valentines based on the good reviews its had. Unfortunately we didn't enjoy and here is why, according to the reviews it seems as though they make a cracking 'BURGER' if that's what your into!, but we went based on the menu devised for valentines which looked like fine dining but it was terrible and very bland and way overpriced. Now I was completely aware of the menu and cost before going its just a shame it lacked quality. It had an awkward atmosphere heightened by the annoying guitar player they hired for 'entertainment'. At the end of the meal when it came to paying the card machine wasn't working so they suggested I walk down the road to withdraw cash which I nearly obliged until I went outside and saw a gang of dodgy looking people and anybody that knows high street know what I mean!! its a terrible location.

Following my visit I kept thinking about how annoyed I was with myself for even making an effort to go to this place so I emailed them to express my disappointment and I had a really rude and pretentious reply which almost made me chuckle because it actually sounded as though they actually believe themselves to be better than they actually are. The M&S dine in offer was more impressive.

We would never go back and there are far better places I can recommend like 'slice' 'bouchon de rossi' or 'hanson @ chelsea cafe' and if its a burger you want go to 'bloomburger'

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“great food , great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

visited this restaurant on Saturday night. Fantastic service, great decor, atmosphere and burgers were fantastic. The acoustic singer was superb and the food was great value for money . Love this place and will definitely return

• Visited March 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Wow ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I went there with my mother. We both loved it, they added a personal touch by asking our names and talking to us! The atmosfere was AMAZING what a beautiful place. The food was firtst class! A must try!

• Visited March 2013