“Great room, wonderful host!” 5 of 5 stars

The Alexander
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3, Sketty Road, Swansea SA2 0EU, Wales   |
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Swansea
NYC
“Great room, wonderful host!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our host was at the Alexander was definitely my favorite host from my two week vacation through Europe. He was a mountain of information about Wales, where and what to eat, and how to make the most of our stay. I came here with my boyfriend and his best friend, and we were set up in a "family style" room, which was actually quite fun. The bed was a little springy, but the room was quiet, clean, and warm.

Breakfast was outstanding, like I said, I just adored the host.

Note: There's a 2% tarif if you pay with a credit card, so I recommend bringing enough cash for the stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

A number of my family and I stayed in August for my brother's wedding; we were early but were able to check in. The owner was very accommodating for all our needs. Small touches made the difference here, such as the proprieter remembering our names at breakfast and tissues, cotton wool pads and cotton buds in the rooms.
I would highly recommend the accommodation to anyone, particularly large groups and families.
Thank you for a perfect stay!

• Stayed August 2013
S Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Arrived on Friday evening and were given the option of 2 rooms,both of which were lovely.Cannot fault anything about this hotel.Owners were very nice,good nights sleep,lovely breakfast.Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Very welcoming hoteliers and were very helpful. I had a lovely decorated clean room. Could not fault it. Breakfast was great. There was a lot on offer. I really like the location as it is near to the university and town. Thank you for a lovely stay and I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We attended the Swansea Uni open day and chose this hotel due to trip advisor feedback and we were really pleased with our choice. The room was spotless, the breakfast fantastic and the host really informative about the local area. We would highly recommend.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bucks
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We booked this hotel as we had a dog and they said she would be accommodated. Having climbed 27 stairs and gone into a very small room we decided to ask family to have her as no garden and onto a main road. We did ask for a back room thinking it would be quieter but not realising that we backed onto student accommodation - partying until 3am+ in the morning. The shower room so small that to sit on the loo a tall man would have to put his feet into the passage. We have stayed in several hotels in Swansea and this is the first that we feel totally let down.
And no, parking wasn't easy. I do think that what we saw of the owner he was very polite and did his best. He did well with the cooked breakfast but very poor quality sausages (we kept them for the dog).

Room Tip: It might be better on the ist floor at the front or side of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
busterSwansea, Owner at The Alexander, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We as owners are dissapointed with this customers review. We do not normally accomodate dogs but as a favour we allowed the guests to bring their pet. The customer requested a back room which they were given. This is one of our smaller rooms and if the customer had asked we could have changed their room for a bigger one. The Alexander is a Victorian building and does not have a lift. Also we do not advertise having a garden for pets. We do not serve cheap qualilty sausages as they are purchased from a local well known butchers. I am very sorry that we did not come up to this customers expectations.
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed just the one night in the last available room, which I took to be a good sign. I was met by a very cheerful host who was friendly and efficient. Parking was easy to find on a quiet residential street round the corner. The room was very comfortable with an almost new en-suite shower and toilet. Breakfast was excellent, really set me up for the day.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to The Alexander? Share your experiences!