“Friday after work” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #187 of 483 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: New Beefeater Grill that opened in the SA1 development in Swansea, in November 2010
“Friday after work”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

A spur of the moment visit last Friday after work.

While this might sound negative, it showed that the staff were great. It had sowed heavily, not all staff arrived, the heating was broken and limited availability due to missed deliveries. In honesty, considering the weather, I was the dull one heading out for a meal.

Location was great. parking next door. lovely decor and layout within the restaurant.

We were greeted and given the bad news. We were happy to stay as it wasn't cold and there was still food on the menu for us.

Steaks were great. Loved the sides we had too. Had a 50% off voucher as I had registered on their mailing list in advance. It's somewhere I will return.

“my romantic getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

the breakfast was amazing i loved it that it was all you can eat, the food was always nice and hot and i would definatley recomment a friend to stay there the staff are very friendly and you recieve a warm welcome from them they have a brilliant daytime/evening menue with mouthwatering deserts on offer too

Visited August 2012
South Wales
“Lovely steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Haven't been to a Beefeater restaurant for +10 years; was pleasently suprised.
My wife and I both had steaks, fillet and T-bone, which were cooked perfectly and tasted delicious.
The atmosphere and decor is lovely.
No free car park; pay and display next door.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“mixed feelings....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

we reserved a table for a birthday. table for 5, when we arrived we were shown to a table right by the door. when we asked if it was possible we could have a table further into the restaurant we were given a table. next to the first one? which part of could we have a table further away..... didnt they understand...... anyway,,, we then had our drinks order taken by a lovely young manwho told us he wasnt our waiter for the evening. and pointed to a blonde lady who smiled and wave......and that was the last we saw of her.....our order was taken by another waiter,,(also very polite)andwe waited for our meal....when it arrived my steak was cold...so i called over the waiter and exlained . i said id accept it quickly warmed up on the griddle as i was hungry and didnt want to wait longer than i had too.....however .. my friends had finshed their meals and still no sign of mine.....i called a waiter and decided i couldnt wait any longer and wished to cance my meal as i wouldve been eating alone....i was therefore starving and vey angry...having worked in the industry for years i accept mistakes happen but it takes 5 mins if that to pop a steak on a griddle especially as we were sat right next to the open kitchen..almost within reaching distance...i couldve popped it on the griddle myself probably without getting outta my seat! we were apologised to and given free drinks .however the waitress....marie! the one we saw at the beginning but didnt see untill we complained....i asked her where shed been as no one did a check back on the other 4 people eating.....we had a birthday in ou group and although we had birthday cards arranged on the table... was not acknowledged..this i found very strange as myself a waitress always notice if a special occasion and congratute where appropriate..... maybe im just old school but its little things that count......i ended up not eating went home hungry and not happy....mixed feelings as ive been a few times and had no complaints would return hoping it was a one off...

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Well run, good atmosphere, well worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

To be honest I was a little apprehensive visiting a beefeater due to some very bad experiences at other sites. However I was pleasantly surprised, we were 4 adults and 2 children. Portion sizes very good (although probably not enough for anyone who likes large portions) and food was served promptly. Staff were very welcoming and friendly. Well worth a visit.