“Good value for money, and a comfortable relaxing atmoshpere.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great deals online.
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Swansea
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good value for money, and a comfortable relaxing atmoshpere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My partner and I have stayed here @ Christmas for the last few years on a high floor overlooking the marina and Swansea bay behind. A very mellow location. Typical Premier Inn, you know what you get and you're not dissappointed. A new hotel it has the usual trappings of newness, with the usual big bed. The staff are very friendly and always willing to help and apart from one instance of an over-zealous cleaner wanting early access to our room on one occasion, it was a very relaxing stay.

The location is good too, ten minutes walk into Swansea, a Tesco supermarket and an atmospheric Beefeater restaurant on the ground floor of the building everything you need is right there. Food in the restaurant can be hit or miss, but the Tesco is well stocked and open when you need it.

The only drawback is the lack of Premier Inn parking, either free or subsidised. There is a large Council car park at the rear of the building where you can always get a space, but it does cost £5.5 a day to park and you need a pocket of change at the ready. When the weather is bad you can get rather wet getting to the entrance of the hotel.

Room Tip: High floor between x01 and x09 where 'x' is '3', '4' or '5' gives yo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PISwanseaWaterfront, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Swansea Waterfront, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that our helpful team met your expectations. In regards to the car park situation the 1st floor reception is always stocked up on change to cause minimal inconvenience to our guests. We value all feedback that we receive from our guests and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at the above Premier Inn for one night at the end of November. We arrived early and we were welcomed by a very friendly receptionist who said that he would check if there was a room ready. There was one available and it was one with a waterfront view.
We collected our bags from the nearby carpark and then we surprised to receive a phone call checking that our room was ok. It was definitely ok.
We had an early dinner in the restaurant and the food was good and the waitress very friendly.
Breakfast next morning was also very nice.
Thanks to everyone for a lovely stay, we would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay at Swansea Waterfront Premier Inn. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to hear that our friendly receptionist team and great food service was enjoyed during your stay. I have past your comments regarding the food service onto our restaurant team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I'm nothing but fair. Had a terrible time at Premier Inn Peterborough last March and thought then that Head Office was rubbish and they still are. They did not respond to my recent email advising them of this booking. Shame on you Head Office but my goodness the team at Swansea Waterfront made up for your shortcomings. I had written to both Head Office and the hotel and received an instant response from Richard Gratton, the Reception Team Leader. The day of my reservation saw the biggest snowfalls of the year and we had to travel by train but the warm welcome by all the staff from the receptionist on arrival to the cleaner in the corridor blew the chill away. Look lets be frank you know what your going to get with Premier Inn (well you hope you do) - comfort, convenience and value for money and Premier Inn Waterfront ticked all the boxes. But they did much more than this, from the Receptionist explaining that the restaurant was closed due to shortage of staff following the snowfall and recommending local restaurants and offering to book for us - to meeting up with Richard who had stayed over at the hotel due to the snowfall. Richard was erngaging and helpful and a credit to Premier Inn. My review for the Peterborough hotel was scathing about the breakfast I received On arrival for breakfast in Swansea however we were told there were no hash browns or mushrooms because of lack of deliveries due to the bad weather. Was I disappointed - No. Was I upset - No. So what was the difference - its called communication and customer care. I was the customer and they cared. The hotel is ideally located right on the Marina and a short distance from town - we walked into town - a bit bracing but worth it. My daughter is in university at Swansea - so will I stay at the hotel again - in a heartbeat. Would I recommend it - without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms with a Waterfront view are highly sought after.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us here at the Swansea Waterfront Premier Inn. It is great to hear that you not only enjoyed your stay with us but that your faith in the Premier Inn brand has been restored as a result of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Swindon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here on Tuesday 15th Jan 2013. I arrived later in the evening as the directions were vague and I couldnt find the place very easily (Sat Nav with Postcode given was useless) as it is tucked away in a quiet dark residential area and the directions on my booking form just gave the address as the Waterfront (not very helpful at all) The adjacent Car Park was a fair distance from the entrance and only accepted coins, which I didnt have. Once inside the hotel I easily checked in via the automated check in. Had a meal deal booked (breakfast and dinner) and was shocked when my main course was delivered to me seeming like it had just been thrown on the plate and to make things worse it was stone cold. The accompanying salad was limp, dried out and disgusting. The service was appalling as well and when I finished my food I was told to go to the bar (?) to sort out my deal voucher and stood there for some 15 minutes waiting to be served (?) behind others getting drinks just to get my voucher signed off. I comlained at the reception and was told that it was very bust tonight unfortunately (nor my problem and not very helpful !) The room I was in had a fault with the air con/heating as every hour or so during the night a very loud wooshing noise eminated from it even though it was not on. I had the worse nights sleep I have ever had staying in a Premier Inn and I have stayed in a Premier Inn more than 15 times in the last. I only stayed in this one because the one I usually stay in at Llanelli was fully booked - I wont stay in this one again thats for sure. Couldnt get away fast enough in the morning and couldnt be bothered with breakfast even though I had already paid for it so just grabbed a coffee and left.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Whitbread-77, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Swansea Waterfront, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service. Please accept my apologies that your dining experience fell far short of your expectations. Please be assured that feedback is very important to us & we would like the opportunity to investigate further. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com & we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant.
Sheffield,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a saturday night and it is around 5 minutes walk from the centre of Swansea (Wind street area, where the pubs are)
The area surrounding the hotel had good views across the waterfront, however at night it was a little dark, especially on the walk into the city centre.
The hotel is lovely.
Rooms at hotel were spacious and spotless. Bathroom was nice.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in Swansea.
Also recommend the meal deal where you get a 3 course meal and a drink in the evening, and then you go back in the morning for al you can eat breakfast. Food was of good quality, the only slight gripe was that the fried eggs were a bit overcooked!
Overall, a great stay in a nice hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
PISwanseaWaterfront, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Swansea Waterfront, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time here at Swansea Waterfront Premier Inn and I will take great pleasure in passing on your comments regarding our bathroom standards onto the housekeeping team. We are glad to hear that the room and food in the restaurant all lived up to your expectations also. Many thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback, hope to see you again soon.
Farnham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had to stay over in Swansea to assist my son with house move. My wife booked the Waterfront Inn on back of local knowledge from my son. I did not check in until after midnight. Late evening staff were very knowledgeable and helpful and took me through the ATM type log in system. Room was excellent, clean and quiet.

Only downside was access to car park (pay and display) but as I arrived late and left early did not have to pay. Would stay at Waterfront Inn again. Inn is only 5 mins from centre of Swansea and very accesible from east side of Swansea.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that our clean, comfortable room, breakfast and helpful nights team here met your expectations. We value all feedback that we receive from our guests and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is exactly what you want from a premier inn, great location, clean rooms and an absolute bargain!! We stayed here New Years Eve and cannot grumble about anything. Wouldn't recommend the breakfast and have re-booked for valentines day for £19!! Ideal to visit the city restaurants and pubs without having to pay for a taxi home (which would cost more than the room!) recommend a visit to La Parrilla opposite!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PISwanseaWaterfront, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Swansea Waterfront, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Swansea Waterfront Premier Inn. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again in February.

Been to Premier Inn Swansea Waterfront? Share your experiences!