“Earl Grey is back again ! Thanks guys !” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, International, English
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“Earl Grey is back again ! Thanks guys !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Went back last weekend - everything back to normal, same great service and atmosphere and Earl Grey is back on the menu. If you visit Swansea, or indeed live here and want a great dining/coffee/tea/light lunch experience - this is the place !

• Visited January 2013

Swansea
“Always excellent Fantastic food lovely atmosphere and Champagne by the glass for those who arent allowed a bottle.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We first visited 'Two Cann' with a 'Living Social' voucher, which I think is a chance for an establishment to showcase what they do to encourage repeat business. We have been back and will continue to do so. The food is lovely the atmosphere is relaxed and intimate, and the staff are excellent. I can often only have one or two drinks due to work the following day so its a really nice option to be able to order Champagne by the glass, although when not restricted there is an extensive and reasonable wine list. The evening set menu is really good value for money and changes monthly so frequent visitors are not faced with limited choice on return visits. Looking forward to our December visit as not tried this menu yet.

TwoCann, Owner at Cafe TwoCann, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. On the Champagne front we understand it is not always possible to have just one glass and it's nice to know its worthwhile and appreciated. The Living Social deals have worked well for us in establishing our evening menu and as you say it does encourage repeat business. Hope to see you again soon, The January menus are now available via our website!
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Cafe two-star”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

It's not often I like to criticise a restaurant, however my partner and I left this restaurant very disappointed. We ordered a voucher on Living Social, which entitled the holder to two courses for two people with a bottle of wine. When we arrived, the restaurant itself looks lovely. We were seated in a comfortable table, and since it was a cold night outside, the restaurant was surprisingly warm. The waitress came over and let us 'top-up' our bottle of wine from the house white included with the voucher, to something more to our taste. Up until this point, we were enjoying our experience, unfortunately then our food came. I ordered mussels to start which were very gritty (something which I always find disappointing as I clean my mussels before cooking them to prevent this so I can't understand why a restaurant can't do the same thing). My girlfriend ordered broccoli and coriander soup, which came out grey and bland with a couple of small florets of broccoli floating in it. We swapped halfway through as neither of us was fussed and ended up being doubly disappointed. For my main, I ordered studded lamb leg with Dauphinoise potatoes. It sounds delicious, yet when it came I had two small slices of lamb and a small portion of potatoes underneath. My partner ordered a nutroast, that while tasty, was very small. Between the two of us we had a tiny bowl of veg (about 6 small carrot batons, 6 monge tout and 2 cauliflower florets). After the meal we went to Tesco and bought a LOT of food as we were both still hungry. I was disappointed after spending £30 on a voucher, if we'd paid full price the meal would have been closer to £50. Certainly not worth the money, and very disappointed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
TwoCann, Owner at Cafe TwoCann, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
We are disappointed that you did not enjoy your recent experience at Cafe TwoCann. The Living Social voucher is intended to showcase both the Restaurant and the food. In your case it seems it did not and we would definitely like to discuss the issues in more detail. Can you please call Catherine Cann on 01792 458000,
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Slipped a little ??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have written good reviews for Twocann before, and I am hoping my recent experience was a slight blip, and not the beginning of a serious decline. Now I will preface the review by saying there was a large crowd of us, and we were in good spirits, which someway went to mitigate the fact that we did not have our best night. Firstly, we added another to our party, and that meant that two of us were seated at the end of the tables, and that makes for a poor dining experience. The food was good, but either I had higher expectations or the portions were tiny - in any event we needed up ordering pizza when we got home. At the time I was so wrapped up with the family that it barely registered, but I have just had another christmas meal that cost slightly less and was much better. Twocann offers a great experience normally, but this was not one of the better nights

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TwoCann, Owner at Cafe TwoCann, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
We are so sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations, especially due to the fact you have given good reviews previously. When we designed the Christmas menu we tried to get a balance between affordability and value for money. We also wanted to give a choice of not just the normal festive turkey but more expensive dishes such as venison and fillet steak. We also tried to get the balance of portion sizes right in regard to the pricing structure of the particular dish. If you would like to discuss further do not hesitate to give us a call.
Port Talbot
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Fantastic restaurant/cafe. Ideal for a quick bite at lunch time or a romantic meal. Relaxed atmosphere and excellent staff. The food is alway so tasty and I love that the evening menu choice changes every month. Love coming here just for coffee or a meal with friends and family. Fantastic value for money. Best restaurant Swansea has seen for ages!