“Calm amongst the madness” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Milton Keynes
“Calm amongst the madness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Anyone who has been to Wind St will know it's not for the faint hearted. Having reviewed trip advisor for somewhere to eat on a 1 night stay nearby, this restaurant was an excellent choice. It just seems out of place.
My wife and I were able to walk in at 8.00 on a Friday night and get a table without a reservation. The restaurant was half full. It did have a strangely musty smell but don't let you put that off as you soon don't notice it. The food was top quality and very reasonably priced, as was the wine. Scallop starters were excellent and we both had steak which was perfectly cooked (cost £13). Service was friendly and efficient. Total cost for 2 people with starters, mains, 1 bottle & 1 glass of wine was £65.
All in all, a great find. Would definitely return. The sights and sounds of Wind St provide ample post meal entertainment!

Visited September 2013

89% Recommend
South Wales
“A rose amongst thorns..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Having left swansea I returned to swansea with my partner on 4th October 2013 to see a show at the grand theatre. We chose La Dolce Vita from the reviews we had read and we're not disappointed, in fact our experience was better than we had expected. The service was excellent , attentive but not intrusive and always a smile. The food was excellent, the scallops were cooked perfectly and we're melt in the mouth, my partner is still talking about her asparagus starter and said she could have eaten it all night as I could have with mine. The lamb rack in honey and mint was cooked to perfection and every mouthful was savoured as my partner didn't want the the experience of a beautiful dish to end. I opted for the fillet of sea bass with king prawns and I to didn't want the experience to end, the sea bass fillets were cooked to perfection with a crispy skin which was to die for! The king prawns were succulent and the tomato sauce was was well balanced and well seasoned. Neither of us need to season any of the dishes as the chef had seasoned everything perfectly. We will definitely return to la dolce vita and cannot recommend it enough.

Visited October 2013
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I've been visiting this restaurant for at least 8 years. The staff are amazing and friendly. Effiecient service beautiful fresh food without a hefty price. It's become a favourite within my friendship group and if its a spot of lunch on a shopping trip with the girls or a romantic meal with the partner it's our first choice every time!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rochdale
“An oasis in the madness that is Wind Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

A few work colleagues and I had a meal here before we went out on the town. What a pleasant surprise. Firstly the staff are extremely friendly and helpful and assist you with the wine without being pretentious. I had forgot my glasses so could not read the menu but fancied fish, they had no fish on the menu that evening but gave me a number of seafood choices and I asked for scallops wrapped in parma ham and left the sauce choice to the. It was a winner. The others tried the steak, rack of lamb, calzone etc and had various starters all of which were positively reported on so we had an extremely pleasant experience and would recommend to everybody.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“GCJ9”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

7 of us looking for a decent restaurant on a Saturday night was not going to be easy but we came across La Dolce Vita in Swansea who were able to accommodate us.Intial response was very quick ref. drinks/menu but then there was a significant wait before the waitress appeared to take our orders.In all it took about an hour from the time we sat down to the time our food was served!
From then on we were won over because the food was excellent and the service great.
This is a really good Italian restaurant with a varied menu and wine list.Maybe the initial poor service was due to how busy they were on a Saturday night?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere