“Birthday” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #261 of 506 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: TGI Fridays is an American restaurant and bar. It is a very vibrant and exciting atmosphere which children and adults will love. Our Swansea branch is in the prime location of wind street and provides a small intimate but energetic environment. Our team are some of the best within Fridays. With our fantastic flairing bartender Owen, our warm and welcoming host Danni, knowledgeable waiting team and our dedicated kitchen. We aim to deliver all of your expectations and some! I have a superb management team that will ensure you have a great time. Myself, SJ, Jenna and Nick will always welcome you to our restaurant and to the team. Please contact us for any further information or to book a table! Look forward to seeing you soon!
swansea
“Birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had my 70th birthday girls meal here and WOW .it was fabulous.some of my friends wanted ribs but were not sure about the jack Daniel sauce so I asked our lovely waiter if they could just taste it. Well he came back with chips a sauce and they all loved it. They all had 1/2 rack of ribs and cheesy mash on my recommendation. I had the same but had a full rack of ribs. Omg thought I had died and gone to heaven. I first tasted this meal in Florida and was completely hooked. Wonderful food. The waiter served my friends with their sweet choice and came with mine with a candle on it and everyone sang happy birthday to me. No charge for mine. wow. It was fantastic.thanks guys we will be back soon.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Reading, United Kingdom
“Can not use the loo”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Myself and my family were on our way to eat here when my Daughter who is 11 needed the toilet really badly so she ran ahead to use the toilet in there only to be told by the staff that she could not use the toilet unless she bought something .she came back out to meet us and told me what happened ,when I asked the staff about this they said that it was a rule that you cannot use the toilet unless you buy something needless to say I gave her a piece of my mind and we did not stay there to eat .

Visited August 2013
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Wont be going back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Went here as the choice of my teenage son for a birthday treat so didnt pay much attention to the reviews.
Big mistake, the service was very slow, surprising really as it seemed vey quiet (perhaps that should have set the alarm bells ringing in hindsite).
When it did arrive my fries seemed as though they were re heated from last night and my burger was dry and over cooked .
Value was poor at £70 for 4 for basic meals.
The combination of a long wait and poor food would prevent me from returning.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My son chose this restaurant for his birthday meal, seriously wished we'd gone to Frankie and Bennys across the road! If it hadn't been his birthday and we didn't want to spoil the occasion we would have complained. The service was slow but the food was vile, I ordered the jack Daniels chicken with the cheesy mash and it had obviously sat under a warmer for some considerable time as it had formed a crust, that doubled with the server warning not to touch the plates as they were so hot ensured that the chicken was the texture of shoe leather. As it was a Sunday afternoon with only a quarter of the restaurant full I can see no excuse for an hour long wait and poor quality food, god knows what the service would be like if they were busy.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Worst experience I have ever had in a restaurant!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is the first negative review I have written but I hope someone higher up the food chain at TGI Fridays sees this and gets someone in to this unit to kick it into shape!

Visiting Swansea for the night, I thought TGI Fridays, lets go there cant go wrong with that! How wrong I was. Walked in, nobody to greet us, headed towards the bar, guess what, nobody to serve us there, in the end I felt like serving myself. Finally got seated, ordered as quickly as we possibly could, long wait on food, it wasn't particularly busy in there but looked like they had had a couple of larger parties in. Food arrived and was ok, nothing to write home about but was ok. Then to finish, ordered the bill, left the bill with the card we would use to pay at the edge of the table, and guess what, after fifteen minutes of waiters/waitresses walking past we had to ask if we could pay. Seriously felt like just leaving and left angry. I used to work in this sort of industry and am not one to say anything or moan but this place was a shambles. Plenty of better establishments to try on the street. Im not just one of these moaners who will pick at anything, the service in this place was appalling.

Dont waste your time. Please TGI Fridays - sort it out!

• Visited June 2013