Just spent 2 hours on the high wires. It was one of the most scary things I have half done. The problem is you are very high and as it is very physical, if something happens and you need to get down there is no way to get down. Once you have started your only option is to finish the course. A route of about 2 hours. My problem was one of my party started to feel sick, faint and dizzy. I was stuck, I didn't want to leave to get help (which would have taken me an hour) and there is no one around to provide help. I shouted over through the trees. Scared, desperate. I was heard and help came. I was so glad to see him. Once someone arrived things improved. I was very impressed by his professionalism and helpfulness. Nothing was too much trouble. So thank you so very much Kirk. He brought chocolate and a drink which helped my party member to feel better, enough to move on. He waited to see if we could continue the course or wanted to be lowered and was extremely patient. Could not have asked for more. My problem is once on the course you cannot get off. If there is a problem, there is no one around to ask for help. It is very physical and until you are there you have no idea. Can there be stations where you can opt out? Summon help? Otherwise for fit, brave, energetic people, really good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 2000 acres of parkland in the beautiful Usk Valley, this historic 19th-century manor house features original features such as wood-panelled walls and a sweeping wooden staircase.The Manor House at Celtic Manor offers 70 traditionally-styled guestrooms, each of which has been updated to offer a range of modern comforts, whilst still retaining the original character of the property.Guests can dine in the on-site AA Rosette restaurant, which is has direct access to the larger resort hotel. This features additional facilities such as 2 health clubs and spas, 3 championship golf courses and an outdoor play area for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Manor House at Celtic Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Manor House At Celtic Manor Hotel Newport
- The Manor House At Celtic Manor Newport, Wales