On arrival our car was met by a beaming welcoming smile from an eager to help doorman. He took charge of our luggage and car providing us with labels of proof and proceeded to explain the layout of the hotel. We had not seen the Celtic Manor since soon after it opened decades ago and had forgotten how impressive the enormous foyer is with huge carved Welsh dragons guarding marble pillars.
Our room faced East overlooking trees and enjoying the shelter of a small covered balcony. The room was well appointed and very clean as was the bathroom. The beds were comfortable and we slept well. As in so many large hotels the basin plug did not hold water which is not helpful for a wet-shaver!
We had pre-booked a table for dinner in a restaurant I had assumed was under the same roof (as the website did not clarify the geography of the site) to discover that we needed to be driven to another part of the resort. Dinner in the Rafters restaurant was very good. Friendly and efficient service brought our chosen meals which were well prepared and attractively presented. The wait for transport back to the main hotel was far too long!
Breakfast served in the Olive Tree & Garden Room again was efficiently served. All staff on the resort were helpful and willing – the slightly overblown opulence of the surroundings is well balanced by friendly service.
- Also Known As:
- Celtic Manor Hotel Newport
- Celtic Manor
- Celtic Manor Hotel
- Celtic Manor Newport
- Celtic Hotel Manor
- Celtic Manor Resort Newport, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Host of the 2010 Ryder Cup golfing competition, this award-winning resort is set in 2000 acres of parkland in the Usk Valley. It comprises a 5-star hotel and a historic 19th-century manor house. There is the award-winning Forum Spa, as well as 6 restaurants and 3 championship golf courses. There are 2 adventure golf courses and the treetop adventure course Forest Jump. Clay pigeon shooting, fishing and mountain biking can all be arranged. The Celtic Manor Resort features a range of facilities to ensure the success of guests’ business events and special occasions. These include a comprehensive convention centre and exhibition hall, 31 function rooms and 6 restaurants. Rooms all have a TV with satellite channels, and there is a 24-hour front desk. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas, and there is space for free private parking on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Celtic Manor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.