Look it wasnt bad by bad standards but it was no way 5 star and comparible to 5 stars around the world, that said I think the 5 star is dished out far too readily so in a way perhaps im not being fair. Price is reasonable for the room, room is ok, we were lucky on the quiet side would not have been happy with the motorway sound and view.
The Olive buffet restarant has one area which serves what looks up to 400 tables, at breakfast it was like the M25 in rush hour. We dined at Rafters which was way expensive but good bar the greasy chips (thrice fried, yeah right) security mans walkie talkie going off all evening in the reception next door. There is no sound seperation and again I would not have minded bar im paying £35 for a steak. The Usk restaurant at Newbridge was a great setting, again way expensive but the morale and service was sterile, food was good, starter outstanding, steak tough and undercooked and overpriced.
It is well run, there were some v good staff and some awful. One thing as I close, you are always asked if everythings ok but when you say what you think you get a defensive excuse making answer, a surprised demeanor, I say dont ask if you arent able to deal with the complaint properly, that is simple politeness and training but it happened 3 or 4 times.
the treacle covered special ham sandwich was nothing short of tasteless packet rubbish and the manager tried to make excuses quite pathetic but better than the european waitress who looked at my wife as if she had just fell out of her nose. Not happy, little things go a long way in my book
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Host of the 2010 Ryder Cup golfing competition, this award-winning resort is set in 2000 acres of parkland in the Usk Valley. It comprises a 5-star hotel and a historic 19th-century manor house. There is the award-winning Forum Spa, as well as 6 restaurants and 3 championship golf courses. There are 2 adventure golf courses and the treetop adventure course Forest Jump. Clay pigeon shooting, fishing and mountain biking can all be arranged. The Celtic Manor Resort features a range of facilities to ensure the success of guests’ business events and special occasions. These include a comprehensive convention centre and exhibition hall, 31 function rooms and 6 restaurants. Rooms all have a TV with satellite channels, and there is a 24-hour front desk. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas, and there is space for free private parking on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Celtic Manor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Celtic Manor Hotel Newport
- Celtic Manor Newport
- Celtic Hotel Manor
- Celtic Manor Resort Newport, Wales