“Friendly and welcoming with good basic home cooking” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British, Café, Bistro
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Cardiff
“Friendly and welcoming with good basic home cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Lovely brunch here with a warm welcome from owner and staff. Had 5 month with us in push chair. Were warmly welcomed. No changing facilities but amnaged somehow!
Gorgeous home cooking and excellent coffee.
I had delicious burrito filled with mushrooms and scrambled egg and a salsa accompaniment. Daughter had smoked salmon, poached egg and spinach on toasted muffins. Good but one of eggs slightly over cooked. Still woudl definitely go back and not a big complaint!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minnsy, Owner at Cafe Brava, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Children are always welcome at Brava (as long as they have a well behaved adult in toe!) We are small independent and therefore have limited facilities in the way of things like changing areas but we'll always to our best. So so sorry there was an issue with your egg, we'd happily cook you another, so next time just ask and we'll sort it for you. Really appreciate your comments and taking time to post them.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Amazing dinner - just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Yesterday evening, I was one of a party of six who enjoyed a really fun and delicious evening in Brava. We'd all been there before, apart from one of the party who is from Leigh on Sea and she declared it her favourite place to eat ever! We had food from the specials menu, as well as a couple from the regular menu - nothing disappointed. It really was good. The service was just right too - enough attention, but we weren't rushed or fussed over. The atmosphere felt light and uplifting - and the BYO wine meant the bill was very reasonable. I visit Cafe Brava often - and I love it. As an extra bit of info - if you like light and delicious Mocha - this is also the place for you - it is divine! As evenings seem very popular, I would suggest you book!

Minnsy, Owner at Cafe Brava, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
It seems we are getting increasingly popular for groups of people getting together in the evenings. The specials change every week and we are now getting requests for previous dishes to re-appear! I am so glad you and your friends enjoyed your time with us. Many thanks for the review.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fantastic restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I regularly visit Brava for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a coffee. Whenever I go the welcome is second to none and the food fabulous. Whether I fancy an all day breakfast, a gourmet meal or a baguette, the food is always freshly prepared and delicious. The staff are all amazing, very welcoming, always smiling and can't do enough for you. I cannot recommend Brava highly enough. Whenever I take friends there for the first time, they always request that we go back to Brava the next time we meet. Please keep up the good work!

Minnsy, Owner at Cafe Brava, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thanks for your glowing review. I am very proud that you recognise what a great team we have. I feel really lucky that I get to work with such a customer focused and genuinely friendly team. See you soon!
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
“Little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The brava cafe is a little gem hidden just off cathedral road. I feel sorry for those who made the mistake of choosing coffee #1 over this place. It is a small cafe that offers amazing coffee and fantastic food. Its very popular on the weekend and we had to wait for a while to get a table for breakfast, but it was definitely worth the wait.

• Visited January 2013
Minnsy, Owner at Cafe Brava, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
'Hidden Gem', that's very lovely, thank you! We do get particularly busy at weekends but we'll always get everyone in, even if it takes a walk around the block. As always I appreciate you taking the time to write a review
Bath, United Kingdom
“Outstanding! Absolutely outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

It was our first time back to Cardiff and Brava in sometime. My husband and I found it as good as ever; great food and incredible service! We will always swing by Brava when in Cardiff when the slightest opportunity arises. We did miss Ruth’s bubbly personality and brilliant smile though. We had become quite used to her infectious laugh.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minnsy, Manager at Cafe Brava, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Yes, Ruth certainly has an infectious laugh. I'm so glad you found us as good as ever and really appreciate you taking the time to post a review