“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PiPi's Coffee Shop & Greek Restaurant

PiPi's Coffee Shop & Greek Restaurant
31-32 Caroline Street, Cardiff CF10 1FF, Wales (City Centre)
+44 29 2132 8148
Description: Coffee Shop & Greek Restaurant
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My daughter recommended this wonderful place to me, she is a regular visitor to Cardiff. Without doubt the best coffee in Cardiff, enough caffeine to fuel the national grid in the finest tasting brew I have ever had. We stopped for a morning coffee and snack and were spoilt for choice. There is an excellent range of Greek sweets, deserts and savouries. The whole place is beautifully clean and has the most genuinely enthusiastic and helpful staff in the welsh capital. Try it once and you will never want to visit one of the bland chains that dominate our towns and cities. If you don't fancy coffee there is a good range of teas and soft drinks.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“One of Cardiff's best kept secrets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I went here with a friend and to be honest wasn't expecting too much, we just thought we'd give it a try as something different. We were really impressed with our experience there and have decided to make it our 'regular'! We each had two courses - starter and main - and all four dishes were lovely. The food tasted great and was clearly freshly prepared. The service was OUTSTANDING, we had a wonderful waitress who couldn't have been more friendly, professional and helpful. We really felt like our custom was valued. My only issue with the evening is that we sat downstairs (which from reading other reviews seems to make me think we might have been in the cafe area rather than the restaurant?) and it was rather cold. We ended up putting our coats back on! Do bear in mind too, that they only open Wed-Sat.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Me & and my boyfriend feel in love with greek food once on holiday. Iam even thinking about moving to cardiff just to be my local coffee shop during the day and local restaurant during the night. The food is amazing very tasty would recommend to anybody. Will be returning with the whole family in october for me & my boyfriends birthday.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rugby
“Be prepared to climb the stairs to a good Greek meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

It was busy on the night we visited with a large party dominating the night, however we were not neglected and the waitress had time to chat and keep in touch.

Visited March 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Needs to focus more on good quality food and less on frozen cakes!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Went to PiPi's last Friday night as we used the Groupon Voucher.

The service was fine and we were warmly greeted, although the restaurant was practically empty and we were offered a table right next to the toilet.

I order the Grenache rose wine and I can honestly say ive tasted better from £2.99 bottles. I expected more from a bottle that cost almost £16, when we left half of.

The food was, in all true reflection, mediocre at best. I had Saganaki to start which was over cooked but the flavor wasnt too bad and my partner had calamari which was quite pleasant.

For mains, I chose lamb cutlets, my partner had pork souvlaki both served with chips and tzatziki. Unfortunately the lamb was very fatty, overcooked and lacked that real authentic Greek taste, chips appeared to have been of the frozen variety but the tzatziki was very nice. The pork souvlaki was fairly good..

The desserts on offer were all in a cabinet at the front and the waitress said to take our pick as they were all the desserts they had left! They were nice enough but im not convinced they were freshly prepared on the premises. They had a huge cabinet in the restaurant full of stunning looking cakes which we thought we could choose but we were told they were all frozen!

The bill came to £72 for x 2 starters, mains, desserts and coffee plus the bottle of wine. Ordinarily I wouldn't have given a second thought to paying this for food I really enjoyed but I think they could do so much better as the experience and the food was sadly average.

As a coffee & cake shop I think they could do well but I would urge them re-consider their approach to the restaurant aspect and focus on producing quality, tasty dishes with the heart and soul of authentic and genuine taste of Greek cuisine.

• Visited May 2013