“A lovely evening” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bella Italia Cardiff

Bella Italia Cardiff
6 High Street, Cardiff CF10 1AW, Wales (City Centre)
029 2039 9466
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #199 of 938 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Perched along Cardiff High Street, Bella Italia provides the perfect retreat from a busy day's shopping or an after work dinner with colleagues. Part of the hugely successful Bella Italia restaurant group, this Cardiff High Street branch boasts the signature Bella Italia design with a rustic yet stylish style dining room. The menu is full of Italian classics where you could start with a dish of Formaggio Fritto (mozzarella, fontina and parmesan cheese in breadcrumbs deep fried with sweet red onion marmalade followed by a mushrooms risotto or a chargrilled salmon fillet with tomato and olive salsa. Great for any dining occasion, Bella Italia is one Italian restaurant that won't break the bank.
Gwent
“A lovely evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Visited here on a Saturday evening after a show. The service was excellent and the meal very nice too. I had the 5oz rump steak and my partner spaghetti bolognese. We had the panna cotta for dessert , a light desert which finished off the meal perfectly. A bottle of house red wine went down very well.
I have tried all 3 Bella Italia restaurants in Cardiff and thought this one my favourite . We will definitely visit again........

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Eastleigh, England, United Kingdom
“good food, quick service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

good food and quick service for a table of 20 on a hen nigh out.

Not much to say other than yummy pasta had the pollo with lemon a la siciliana. I would have prefer more courgettes and spinach at fist intance look pale and bland but overall good flavours.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I went to this restaurant twice in my stay in Cardiff , the 2nd time I was going to go to Pizza Express but far too noisy , so as this restaurant was only over the road I decided to go again .The staff are friendly and efficient although haven't been there when its been packed .I have a favourite table now so as it was free sat there. Decided to have something different than the Calzone which is a favourite of mine and so had the Spicy prawns to start and then the chicken stew, both were excellent , but especially the chicken stew which is piping hot and excellent loads of tomatoes and peppers .Only comment would be that chicken fillet was whole and took a little bit of cutting up , if it was cut up before going in stew it would be easier to handle and eat as you go along , but I am being picky it was excellent , I am afraid to say that I will be drawn back there again when I am in Cardiff , not good for the waistline but oh so good food

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Top Class Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Oh my goodness, I cannot begin to praise Bella Italia enough. I've also visited the Cardiff Bay restaurant as well as the Brewery Quarter one and this one just by Cranes music store and across the road from the castle - is perfect.

I quite easily visit this Bella Italia once every two weeks. I've bought my family, my boyfriend, my friends and by now, I even visit on my own. The staff are so attentive and friendly, the service is so, so quick. I honestly, have not ever had a single bad experience in Bella Italia.

Yes, it is quite pricy but I honestly do believe its SO worth the money, I pay £10 for Pasta Marco Polo and sometimes Gamberoni, the Marco Polo is duck, served with casarecci pasta tubes, mushrooms, spring onions and a plum sauce. The Gamberoni has succulent juicy king prawns, spicy ragu sauce, both are just beautiful.

I rate this place 5******, definitely worth the money, you get so much food and the service is astounding. Thank you Bella Italia!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MILFORD HAVEN
“EARLY EVENING MEAL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

My first visit to Bella Italia and the restaurant had a nice 'authentic Italian' atmosphere. The pleasant waitress very quickly cleared our preferred table in the window. We had margarita pizzas, mine with mushroom and roasted pepper topping and my friend had olive and mushroom, which were both delicious. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the meal was very good value for money (we had a 25% off discount voucher). We will definitely return when we are next in Cardiff.

• Visited May 2014