“Lovely friendly family run restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Cardiff
“Lovely friendly family run restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We return here again and again just for the Moussaka - one the best I have had. The staff all seem to be family members and are very knowledgable about the menu. I have tried most of the starters - all of which are delicious - but the cheese grilled with sesame seeds and honey was divine - my husband says the calamari is wonderful too. I was encouraged by the waitress to try the Aegean Chicken next time and though I hate to move from my Moussaka we will return soon to try that out. When we complimented the waitress she sent the owner out to see us and he very kindly took me right through his personal recipe for the Moussaka! His tips on this and on the calamari have inspired me to try his version at home - though I am sure it wont be as good. To cap it all the Rioja they serve there is our favourite! I have never had a bad meal there and the service is always friendly and helpful. I really like to visit family run restaurants as they seem to care much more about the food and service - we will be back!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great food, good service, but lacking atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My second visit to Aegean was almost an exact replica of my first. The food was delicious and plentiful. We opted for the meze - as it gives you a great selection - which is excellent value and extremely tasty. The service was a little slow, but was friendly and welcoming. The only downside was that we were one of only three tables which meant the atmosphere was lacking. Quite quiet for a Saturday night, but tasty enough that I would happily return.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Penarth, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and fab staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Have just spent an evening a the lovely Aegean. Although it was quiet due to the awful weather we have a lovely evening. Service was fab and staff were very chatty. Portions were also great and have left full and happy. Could not recommend this place more, we will definitely be making a return visit soon!

“Excellent Afternoon!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I booked to eat here for my 30th birthday with a party of 23 people! Staff couldn't have been friendlier or more accomadating, they were brilliant! The resturant was opened Specially for me at my request and at my bugdet which was well worth every penny, we all walked out absolutely stuffed and the food was beautiful, plenty of variety...... We had more than what we were expecting and the manager even bought me and my other friend who's birthday it was a drink which was a lovely touch! I would highly recommend this place and am glad I booked here, if I'm ever in this area again my first choice of place to eat would here! 5*
A big thank you to all at ageans xx
Becky

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“Lovely place to go and eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I went to the Aegean Taverna this week, I have seen it before but had never eaten in there. I thought the owner was hilarious and very helpful. The food was very good, really tasty and piping hot. The house wine was also very good. I would recommend this restaurant as it is clean, efficient and friendly.

• Visited September 2013