“Friendly, convenient & full of character.” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   65 Cathedral Road, Cardiff CF11 9HE, Wales   |
Ranked #9 of 44 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Friendly, convenient & full of character.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very conveniently located for the town centre & university. Secure, off road parking a bonus. Full of character, spotlessly clean & very comfortable. Our room was located at the rear of the property & very quiet, so enjoyed an uninterrupted sleep. Excellent breakfast, freshly cooked, set us up for the day. Hosts helpfully supplied a map & local information. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Elon College, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

On the whole, our stay at the Beaufort Guest House is something we have treasured. It was our first trip to Wales, and our first stay in a UK-style Guest House. We enjoyed the location, the food, and our host.

Our host was largely on his own during our particular weekend (through no fault of his own) and one would have never known it by the excellence of the service. The food was always ready on time and nicely cooked, our host was always calm and pleasant, and the guest house always looked as though it was perfectly neat and comfortable. What a lovely place.

The food: wow. It was our first try at Welsh food and we loved it. I still think wistfully about those breakfasts! The coffee was lovely (yes, a Yankee thing, I know - but it was fresh and tasty), the meats and breads were fresh and flavorful. We loved the juices and eggs. Very nice.

The dining room is a real treat. It seems almost like what it would be like to live in a home in old times - with good service. I was exhausted the first day we were there - and the dining room and our guest room were a sanctuary while we slept a jillion hours to catch up to ourselves.

We were late and our host was gracious (yes, we're always late - but we have a blast!). The parking is nice with a closed gated area.

The location is superb. We wandered Cardiff several times while we were there, and it was always awesome to come back to the Beaufort to crash for a well-deserved siesta nap. We spent lots of time downtown and at the castle - with the knowledge that "home" was right down the street.

Room Tip: We liked the upstairs room... Although there wasn't a lot of foot traffic in the house, we were...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Denbigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were thrilled, first of all, how well situated this is for reaching the centre of Cardiff without need for transport. Our car stayed in the secure (free) parking for most of our stay. There are excellent eating establishments within a short walk. The owner met us outside the property when we arrived and helped carry our case to our room. His reception was warm, personal, and helpful. The Victorian decor is very appropriate to the building and our room was cosy, clean and spacious. An electric kettle in the room with copious amounts of tea and coffee puts many more expensive hotels to shame, as does the provision of free wifi throughout the guest house. The breakfasts are great, whichever options you choose for. The friendliness and personal attention of the lady who serves at breakfast is a real credit to the establishment. All in all, you cannot be but very satisfied if you stay here. We would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed here while in Cardiff for an Olympic football match. I loved it! The single room was nice sized, the bed comfy, and the owners are incredibly friendly. I'm not much of a breakfast person, but when I went down on my last day, I wished I was! The inside and outside breakfast areas are just lovely! Had coffee and nice conversation with some other guests. I would definitely book again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Tullamore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed in this magnificent Victorian guest house for one night on the 15th September 2012. Greeted at the door by a very gentle gentleman called 'Paul'. He had a lovely gentleness and pleasant smile to greet me on my (late) arrival. I was taken to my beautiful en suite bedroom which was very tastefully decorated and to a very high standard. Had everything I needed. The car parking facilities was a pleasant surprise as I had laptops, mobile phones,sat nav etc as my son was about to start university and was moving in that weekend. The owner gave me a key to access the car park at the rear where the car was totally safe. The dining room was exquisite and certainly the best I had ever stayed in. Breakfast a delightful experience and again excellent. All in all excellent value for money. Wish I had stayed longer. But I'll be back and this time to see Cardiff and enjoy the surrounds. The only negative things I can think of is that check -out at 10.30 a.m on a Sunday morning was a little too early for me as my flight wasn't until 20.45. I was tired after all the coming and going with my son and would have liked a little longer in the bed. Also the handle on the toilet kept falling off. That said, everything else more than made up for it.

Room Tip: There is a smallish hotel nearby - to the left. As it was a lovely evening people were outside drink...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed with a couple of friends, had two rooms and was very happy. The decor was lovely, rooms were nice very clean. Bathroom was good although a little on the small side, but the shower was good and very powerful.
Breakfast was served downstairs and was good with a good selection of food available

• Stayed September 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My partner and I booked a two-night stay at Beaufort Guest House over a weekend in August 2012. The rates for this guest house are certainly affordable and value for money - we paid an extra £10 (or so) per night to upgrade our room to a super king suite, and it definitely paid off. We had the luxury of tucking into one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept on.

The interiors of Beaufort are beautifully decorated with Victorian furnishings, both in the hallways and rooms. Breakfast options were very varied, and food was served promptly without fuss - and the quality of food was very good as well.

The only reason I've taken a star off is because when we were checking out, we asked the owner if we could sit in their beautiful conservatory to pass the time as our train wasn't till after lunchtime. Whilst he agreed, he gave us an impression that he'd rather not have us lulling around longer than we should, and preferred if we left after checkout sooner rather than later - rather puzzling indeed.

Room Tip: Upgrade your room to a super king suite if possible, the beds are heavenly!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Beaufort Guest House? Share your experiences!