“amazing food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Visited a few weeks back with my mate and all i can say is duchess of Delhi was one of the best places i have ate after a long time.I am a big fan of lamb dishes,was recommended to have a lamb pepper roast and I wasn't disappointed. Food presentation was amazing with a glorious taste. we were really impressed with the service as the staff were really friendly. Made us feel really comfortable from the very first step we made in the restaurant. the management team was also really friendly.The part we found really interesting was the lounge with a few board games. we spent a bit of time playing some games after we had our meal, which i haven't experienced before. Overall Duchess was a worth while visit as I definitely will be visiting again soon.

• Visited January 2014

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“One way ticket to South Asia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The most authentic south asian food in the region with its unique decor and vibrant atmosphere you really do forget that you are still in the UK. I ordered the Chicken Kerala and WOW the mix of the spices and herbs used in the dish really compliment each other leaving your taste buds buzzzzzzinnggg. Cant wait to go back!!!!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Punchy flavours and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I ordered a takeaway for three last night, and the food was so good that I'm now determined to visit again soon for a sit-down meal!

Every dish I ordered was full of flavour and brilliantly spicy without being palate-meltingly hot. The use of whole spices really stood out - each dish was liberally punctuated with whole cumin and coriander seeds, adding a great texture and flavour. A standout dish was the chana bhaji side dish, which had a wonderfully tangy flavour beneath the spice.

The waiters were friendly and attentive and although service was maybe a little slower than you'd find in many other Asian restaurants, I was in no hurry so didn't mind this.

The takeaway options are less adventurous than the dine-in menu, comprising the usual favourites like balti, bhuna and dhansak in comparison to the more exotic dine-in menu. I hope to write another review when I've been able to sample the wider variety of meals available.

Cardiff
“Stunning Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We visited last week with the family for my husband's birthday and we all enjoyed our food immensely. Most of us had the prawn starters which were excellent - large, juicy prawns. I had the chicken chetinnadu which was as good as the one I had in Goa - really tasty and a good level of spice. Most of dishes seem to have a proper Indian spice level which I love but some people might find too hot.
Service was good and there was a good atmosphere in the restaurant despite it being mid week. It's not cheap but the quality of the food is excellent and it's so nice to see unusual dishes on the menu. The food is on a par with the Purple poppadom but the duchess of Delhi is much less pretentious.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Best Indian Restaurant in Cardiff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Ate there last night - the food was absolutely stunning, service very attentive even though it was a busy saturday night and the decor gorgeous. Definitely going to be a regular customer!