“Violent Door staff, should be in prison!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Sodabar

The Sodabar
2-4 Mill Lane, Cardiff CF10 1FL, Wales (City Centre)
029 2039 8380
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 66 Nightlife in Cardiff
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Violent Door staff, should be in prison!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

i came here with a friend a few days ago and upon the end of the night and all people being escorted out a doorman started chanting 'you little p*ick at my friend for no reason, after hearing this a few times my friend said a comment back, even though we were on the last few steps down to the exit and were leaving anyways the bouncer decided to throw my friend down the stairs and out onto the pavement outside. He was then restrained for no reason whatsoever by many bar staff and eventually thrown out on to a busy road. He was later held down by many bar staff and one of them proceeded to kneel over him and punch him repeatedly in the face. He also had his feet stamped on and his hands bent back. I was also pushed into a wall by one of the bar staff even though i am a 23 year old girl. The police were called and very conveniently the staff made sure they were not in view for the cctv however my friend is going to press charges.

Something needs to be done about these bar staff, i have been to soda many times and have witnessed things that should not be going on a few times, many of the other reviews also speak volumes. I hope these thugs lose their jobs or the manager of Soda decides to get a of pride in his business and hire people to do their jobs properly and not use their position to beat up innocent people.

Visited March 2014

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great night out - Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I went to soda bar for a friends birthday last weekend and had an amazing night! We put our names on the guest list via facebook which was easy enough and meant we got in for free before 10pm. We started off by having cocktails in the soda lounge, delicious and resonable in price then we moved upstairs to soda bar, for the nightclub. Really nice layout of venue, has a boutique feel which I love - nothing worse than being stuck in a huge 'super club'! Made my way to the smoking area which is a nice decked terrace which also has shelter for the rain which was is a bonus! Highly recommended - I'm not a fan of 'chain' clubs so it was really nice to go somewhere independantly run.

Visited January 2014
“Best night out in Cardiff ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Best place to go on a night out in Cardiff. Staff are always warm and courteous and it's a great venue which includes a bar, restaurant and nightclub. Open terrace is also really nice in the summer! What I really like about Soda is they are always upgrading so it never feels tired. A perfect night for me is a few drinks in the Soda Bar, followed by a meal in Le Monde and then a night in The Attic area of Soda, where there is always a celebrity or two!

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Violent door staff be aware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I had read the reviews on soda bar cardiff before regarding the door staff being aggressive but little did I think I would become a victim of one. The bald headed guy literally assaulted me, put my arm up my back and marched me out. There must have been a reason your thinking, no there wasn't any reason what so ever and just a pure thuggery aggressive criminal demeanour on his part, will not go near this place again, the terrible reviews are spot on, there are far nicer places in cardiff to give your hard earned money to!!!

Visited January 2014
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“gratuitous violence by door staff on apparently innocent customer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

For the second week running I witnessed the needless manhandling of Sodabar customers by completely unprofessional door staff. Week1 (9th Nov) I witnessed an average size doorman push over a customer who was asking a simple question. The customer fell backwards and luckily did not bang his head on the ground. The other doormen quickly gathered around and ushered the bullyboy doorman back inside.
Week 2 (16th Nov) a similar scene but with the violence ratcheted up considerably. A man, again outside asking the doormen something, was picked up and dropped onto his head and then kicked on the floor. The offending doorman, who I recognized from the previous week, was again shepherded into the nightclub away from prying eyes. The police became involved at this point and I do not know what the outcome was. Judging how they treat their customers, this is not the place for me. Nor you if you value your good looks as I do.

Visited November 2013