“Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Park Plaza Cardiff
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Greyfriars Road, Cardiff CF10 3AL, Wales (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book the best deals now!
Ranked #5 of 81 hotels in Cardiff
Cardiff
“Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had Sunday lunch Starter Brocholi and Stilton soup very good and main course Beef cooked to perfection and vegetable. Desert Creme brulee lovely. Waiter very attentive and food hot and well presented recommend it for special occasion and not ot pricey.

Room Tip: Sorry did not stay just Lunch.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

991 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed here as came to Cardiff to see Rihanna. She was rubbish but the hotel was great. Perfect location with an ncp car park across the road, a variety of bars restaurants shops all in walking distance of the hotel.
Staff were polite and efficient and helpful with a smile when we enquired about the area.
We did not eat in the hotel as loads of places to eat in the area.
We paid £179 for the night which was very pricey but think that was due to Rihanna being in town.
But our room was very clean. There was a strong smell of bleach when we walked in, but that quickly went and to be fair at least we know the rooom had been cleaned.
Our city view was blocked by the trees unfortunately.
We had a brilliant nights sleep, those black out curtains were perfect no light came in at all. The power shower was divine.
The three milled soap was lush!
Although there was nothing extraordinary we had a lovely time in Cardiff and the hotel and we'll definitely stay here again.
Another little thing we appreciated was being able to leave our bags behind reception even though we had checked out while we took a trip to the Bay.
Lovely friendly staff clean hotek perfect location.
See you soon

• Stayed June 2013
wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Cool, contemporary, friendly and chic!!
Stayed here as a birthday surprise for my best friend and wasn't disappointed. Staff were fab, room was spotless, breakfast amazing - paid £69.00 which I was totally pleased with. If you can get a deal - stay here!! It's better than the Hilton and st David's!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Suffolk, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was our fourth stay at the Park Plaza in Cardiff and once again, we had an enjoyable stay.

Staff were friendly and the service we received whilst checking in and out, was efficient.

Our room was clean and the tea/coffee facilities in our room were most appreciated. We made use of the mini-bar and I thought the drinks were reasonably priced. The bed was comfortable which is always important to me for a good nights sleep. The room was quiet, even with the air conditioning on.

We used the gym during our stay and I was very impressed with the facilities. Plenty of weight machines, exercise bikes, steppers and cross-trainer machines available to use.

Breakfast at this hotel is the best I have ever experienced from a hotel in the UK so far. I have never been left disappointed with it. Plenty of choice and you can choose from hot options such as eggs, beans, bacon, sausages, hash browns etc to Continental options such as fruit, fruit salad, cereals, yoghurt, pastries, rolls, cheese, meats and pancakes. I have never left hungry and the food options have always been of a high quality.

There is no parking at this hotel but you can park at the NCP car park across the road. Before you check out, present your car park ticket to reception and they will give you a discount on your parking.

The only disappointment we had, was that the WIFI did not work in our room.

I will definitely book this hotel again for my next stay in Cardiff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Yeovil, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend - second visit.

The hotel is modern, clean, good food and nice bar. The rooms ok the hotel are very large, clean and tidy.

The location of the hotel is ideal for the centre of town and if you don't fancy going out the pool and other facilities are great.

My only warning if the front of the hotel- I stayed here last time and for my first night this time. It really is impossible to sleep on any floor at the from if you are a light sleeper due to yer club noise of music beats and people shouting and screaming. This time I requested a new room that was internal-- that was good in terms of being quiet though yer size of the room was nearly halved. There was no offer of a lower price for the room so I guess it was the same.

I would recommend this hotel but just worth trying to get a larger room that's not at the front of the hotel, unless you are going out clubbing!

• Stayed June 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was expecting my one night here to be fine but was very pleasantly surprised at the size of the room, comfortable bed, efficient and friendly staff and high class amenities such as the nice bar and free wi-fi. It's very well located too with an NCP opposite (the hotel will give you a discount). No complaints and would certainly stay again. Would also add the price was very reasonable but I understand this may be inflated if there is a big event in Cardiff so book early.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed for a night on 10/6/13 after a party held at the hotel. The room was beautifully presented, and offered a choice of colours from the wall lights. The waiters were very helpful... HOWEVER... during our meal the gentleman looking after us and 'bossing' the staff around came across VERY rude, and at one point my friends and I even witnessed him push one of the waiters , yelling at the staff and even shout after one of them "what the f#@k"
This made things very awkward at first which is a shame as the food was amazing.
Things improved when he left half way through main course and seemed to of left one of the waiters in charge.. I didnt get his name but he had a bandage on his hand.
The rest of the waiters seemed to be more relaxed and happier under his supervision and made it feel more relaxed to myself and my friends also.
I later found the original supervisor in the lobby, drinking and seemed to be chatting up a female resident, I found this very unprofessional and an embarresment to a 4 star hotel.

Things got better through the night, my room was lovely, well decorated and comfortable. Only downside would be noisy due to club across the road.

After a long night, I went for breakfast, and was plesently suprised to find my self greeted at the door by the same waiter with the bandaged hand, who although looked very tired seemed happy to see my friends and me, he even remembered from the night beforewho had tea or coffee.
There was a great selection to choose from the buffet and although busy, staff were very polite and helpful. Upon checkout the reception girls were very nice and when I askef even gave me the name of the 'rude' gentleman from the previous night (George).
Unfortunately they didnt know which waiter I was on about with the bad hand. But I would like to say he was polite and professional and will be looking forward to seeing him again when I return.

I would advise anyone staying here to ask for a room at the back of the hotel ue to noise from clubs, but apart from that this is a great hotel alround, apart from what is mentioned above.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Park Plaza Cardiff? Share your experiences!