“Gorgeous!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Gorgeous deli... we had breakfast which was great and the staff were lovely, very friendly and helpful. The Cheese i took home was fab... a really treat! In fact the whole place is a litte delight hidden away central Cardiff .... not tried lunch or dinner yet - but i will!

cardiff
“Local and lovely on so many levels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

It's a special feeling when you find an eatery that you feel totally at home. Once you have visited The Fat Pig Deli you will find it difficult not to fit in. It works well on so many levels.

For example: I like to visit with my toddler for chunky toast and home-made jam. As a family, my husband loves a bacon sandwich on a Sunday while the kids devour the American pancakes. My Mum and I think Carys' chocolate cake and carrot cake are the best in Cardiff. Friends and I meet once a month for brunch club and as often as possible for late night tapas washed down with gallons of prosecco!!

With so many visits, you can see why I feel at home. Barry, Carys and Paul are probably the biggest reason for this. Yes, the food is fantastic but without their friendly, easy manner the Deli would not be the successful local business it is growing in to. I would advise anybody to choose The Fat Pig Deli over the big brands and chains in Cardiff. Home is where the heart is and you'll find all you are looking for (and more) here.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Maybe it was an off day...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Places looks good, and sells what look like the perfect range of sandwiches. When served though, the bread was stale on both orders, enough to be sent back, which then took another 10 minutes to be brought back. Have heard good reviews and I hope I was just an off chance. Will be going back though as I think it will pull it back and I'll change my ratings!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Never any excuse for bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Having heard great things about this deli, we stopped in to buy some meats & cheeses for a picnic on a saturday morning. We stood around for several minutes being ignored by the two staff members, even after we had said what we wished to buy. When we asked if we could have the cheese sliced, we were told "to be honest, i'm a bit too busy for that." The cheese was eventually begrudgingly sliced. The cafe seemed very busy and with only two staff members, the service we received was obviously compromised by the lack of staff. The items were bought were a little on the expensive side, but we were more displeased with the rudeness of the staff than anything. I was disappointed, and I won't be rushing back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff
“Small but perfectly formed!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

So glad we have this great cafe/deli on our doorstep...........lovely coffee and best chocolate cake in Cardiff!!! The breakfasts are fab, wonderful pancakes and bacon, full welsh really good too. Lovely cheese and bread to buy plus great range of sausages, we are yet to sample the evenings but looking forward to that! Great service and friendly staff!

• Visited May 2013