“Great Birthday Party” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 78 Attractions in Cardiff
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: TeamSport Go Karting Cardiff is an exciting and challenging track that we have put our heart and soul into creating; making this the best indoor go karting centre in Wales. An tricky combination of hairpins, full width flyover and sweeping slippery corners, driver skills are needed at every moment to ensure you get the best lap times possible. With plenty of overtaking opportunities, state of the art timing systems and 200cc 40mph karts your visit to the TeamSport Cardiff track will be an experience you will never forget.
London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“Great Birthday Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We booked to take my Dad for his birthday as a surprise. The booking process was easy and the phone service was fairly fluid. The venue is easy to get to, only a 5 minute walk from Cardiff Central station which would make it a perfect start to a stag/hen do or birthday day out.

When we arrived, we were given a good safety briefing and given our kit. The set up of the venue is very smart and, had we visited on a busier day, there would have been plenty of places for us to wait and enjoy refreshments before going out on the track.

When we finally went out onto the track, we were all helped into our vehicles and given a good run down of how to use the karts. We had 2 sessions on the track and the fact that our times were recorded allowed for some healthy competition!

We would definitely recommend Teamsport Cardiff as a great place for birthdays, stag/hen dos or corporate events. I am aware that they have some great deals on Sundays for open track days too!

Visited April 2012
Claire B, Guest Relations Manager at TeamSport Cardiff, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hi Emily,
Thank you so much for your review of our Cardiff track and we're so glad you and your dad had a great time, you're right Sunday's are a great day to go to any of the tracks, we do a 'Super Sunday' £20 rate for adults and children on a Sunday before midday and then in the evening we hold Unlimited Karting nights which we guaratee each driveer 50 minutes of track time on from just £25pp!!
We look forward to welcoming you all back on track again soon hopefully.
Kind regards
Claire

Peter Brand
3 attraction reviews
“Had a great time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I booked my stag do in Cardiff through StagWeb.co.uk who I definitely recommend! Part of the package included go karting at Team Sport.

I haven't been go karting for years, so it was great fun to do it again! We arrived pretty much on time and went to get out suits on and get briefed by the marshals. We were split into groups of 2's and 3's racing against everyone else who was there. In all there were 11 teams. Whoever scored the most laps at the end of the hour was the winner! My partner and I split into 2 15 mins each. The track itself was excellent and you could really push the cars, so long as you didn't get held up by traffic in front, which I found at one point! At one point we got into 3rd but after my hold up we dropped down to 7th and finished 6th. My friends team mostly lead the scoreboard for the whole hour and ended up winning. One of the guys was late to arrive and so initially couldn't race, but was then allowed as someone else forfeited his 2nd go for him. So we all got to race in the end!

I had a great time at Team Sport and if I lived in Cardiff again, I would definitely visit more often!! I certainly hope to go back one day!