“Simply awful” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Simply awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012 via mobile

No longer cooking individually, they just have a poorly maintained limited choice buffet. The website claims they have several cusines on the buffet, but in reality it's just Chinese (and not even good Chinese - strange aftertaste).

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

south wales
“Cheap food for a cheap price?...you'll be okay.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I went to the Little Tiger last night with my son, we had the buffet and two pints of Cobra Beer. I had a Groupon offer for about £9.50 (allegedly usually about £23.00) so the price was right.
STAFF - very unwelcoming and made a real song and dance about 'finding you a table'
( I had pre-booked and the place was two thirds empty) Were they expecting a deluge of customers in the next hour - I very much doubt it.
There was no real interaction or any interest other than taking the plates away.
FOOD - was unimpressive. The chilli Beef was hot enough to take the roof of your mouth, other stuff was either bland, stodgy, over cooked or too sweet. there was not a particularly wide selection and some ran out because not much was cooked at a time - though that is quite sensible if you don't have many customers I suppose. Desert consisted rather pathetically of two very sad looking pre-bought cakes with nothing else.
The HIDDEN TIP - I went to pay for our beers and was told it was a pound more than it should have been, I asked why, I was told that it is a compulsory service charge. I said "So you have a built in service charge for bringing two pints of beer from here to there? (about ten feet) After a short awkward silence and before I could point out that we had been our own waiters all evening she said "You don't have to pay it if you don't want to" I didn't pay ( I am more than happy to voluntarily leave a tip if it is deserved but I believe compulsory tipping should be illegal)
So if you can get a cheap price then expect cheap food and you will be fine (thats why I gave it two stars not one) Don't even think about paying full price to go here.
Sorry to sound so miserable folks but thats the way it was.

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff
“Great value, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Used a Groupon voucher and had a great evening. It is not a buffet but you can order as much as you want from the menu and it is all brought to the table. I asked the waitress for chopsticks and bowls so can't understand why there should be an issue with being given plates. A lot of Oriental people there which is a good recommendation. The starters were particularly good, freshly cooked and very tasty. Slightly disappointing main course choices. Generous portions. The plates were cold but the food wasn't. No room for dessert so can't comment. Very good service. Would go back and recommend it too!

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff
“Amazing value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

We chose the "all you can eat menu" but what made it special was you kept ordering off the menu and it was cooked fresh for you not the usual help yourself buffet style. The food was excellent and the staff were all very friendly. We used a groupon voucher but even without it it would have been "amazing value".

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pontypool, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

The evening buffet was not what we expected as you do not help yourself to your food but you are to choose as many dishes as you like from the menu for a set price. Service was good, no one rushed you through your meal. Food itself was really nice, waiters and waitresses very friendly. Only little niggle was that a 10% service charge was automatically added to the bill. We would probably have left this anyway, but it would have been nice to have been given the option.

Visited December 2011