I stayed at the Holiday Inn for business purposes. The main plus of this hotel is its location, as it's right in the centre. The staff are all helpful, polite and friendly, which is to the hotel's credit, and the place is clean.
That's about as positive as I can get.
Why? Because if I'd paid to stay here, I'd have felt ripped off. My room, although clean and adequate, was no better quality in terms of fixtures and fittings than a Premier Inn. The bathroom was cramped, dated and didn't even have a proper shower over the bath. The water pressure wasn't brilliant, either.
Having to pay for wifi and parking - and premium prices too - is nothing short of criminal for guests who'd already paid Holiday Inn's room rates. There are plenty of hotels of an equivalent finish which offer free parking.
We had dinner in a conference room. We weren't given any choices and the food was largely dry and inspriring. Breakfast was better, though not significantly so.
If I were to be staying in Cardiff for pleasure, I'd save my money and stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Cardiff is situated between the Millennium Stadium and Cardiff Castle, perfectly located for the business or leisure traveller. The hotel is easy to reach from the M4 and offers parking for up to 85 cars on site. Charges will apply. Cardiff Central Station is a 5 minute walk from the Holiday Inn Cardiff ,Cardiff Airport is a 30 minute drive. With the City Centre only minutes away, you can enjoy the Edwardian Arcades for shopping or visit the Cardiff Bay. The city offers many vibrant new restaurants and bars. The Holiday Inn is ideally located if you are visiting the Cardiff International Arena, New Theatre, or the St Davids Hall. The 157 bedrooms are all fully air conditioned and offer high speed internet access and are equipped with all the required facilities. Family rooms are available and we offer 4 accessible rooms, one with ceiling hoist track. The Hotel Bar offers a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere and serves refreshments and light snacks. The Restaurant serves a full a La Carte menu and Kids eat free. Callaghan's Bar, Relax in our Pub and watch live sports action on our large TV's. The Academy Conference offers 11 purpose build conference rooms. The largest conference room can accommodate 150 delegates in theatre style. All rooms have got natural daylight and air conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre Hotel Cardiff
- Cardiff Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre Wales