“Not great” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bentleys Cafe

Bentleys Cafe
35 Wellfield Road | Roath, Cardiff CF24 3PA, Wales (Cathays)
+44 29 2045 7373
Neighborhood: Cathays
Cardiff
“Not great”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I visited this cafe for the first time in years, and was really disappointed with the food. I ordered a full English breakfast and it was swimming in grease. The sausage was the cheapest, nastiest tasting thing I've ever eaten, the egg was undercooked and my cutlery was dirty. I will not be visiting again.

Visited December 2012

77% Recommend
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

When shopping in or around Albany Rd Wellfield Rd area we often pop in this cafe for lunch. We've even gone there for Sunday lunch so already quite a fan. The food is always well cooked, the kitchen and cooks are in view so no hidden nasties. There's a wide range of food but I particularly enjoy the chicken curry ( large whole slices of chicken} with rice& chips. for just over a fiver you can't go wrong. OK it does give the appearance of a 'station' caf with fixed chairs/tables and is lacking in ambience but the service is good and staff obliging. And yes the toilets could certainly do with an upgrade. But apart from that well worth a visit .

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“"our favourite"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

just had our lunch as usual for most thursday's, would'nt go anywhere else, the staff are all so helpful and go out of their way to be so, there is nothing that is too much trouble for them, that is our experience anyway, and we would'nt dream of going anywhere else, in fact we will probably be there on sunday along with members of our family for our good old sunday roast!!
linda&paul webber

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“bentlys cafe”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have been going to Bentlys cafe for 15 years now and I have noticed that it has lost a lot of trade the interior is in need of repair, and the toilet area is very dirty, no one cleans them properly. My concern is that some staff that go out the back and smoke comes back through the cafe and have they washed their hands??
They also use the customers toilet have they washed their hands??
Some of the staff there look untidy and I have overheard staff talking about customers, it's not very profesional. I am sorry but I am saying how it is, I only buy coffee there and even that tastes bitter. Sorry Guys it's just not the same anymore 20th October 2012

Visited October 2012
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I come here every now and then for their cooked breakfast's - easily the best in Cardiff. Great service with a welcoming atmosphere, and lovely food. Perfect cafe!

• Visited September 2012