“No better way to visit Cardiff!” 5 of 5 stars

A Space in the City @ Quayside
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Bute Street, Cardiff CF10 5AN, Wales   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Coventry, United Kingdom
“No better way to visit Cardiff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed in the apartments in Quayside (opposite the Millenium Centre) for 2 nights over New Years Eve, and I have to say there is no better way to stay in the city!
The apartment is an open plan studio with a bed, dining area and living area all in one, with seperate bathroom. It is fully furnished and you feel at home with a kitchen (with all appliances) available to you. There is also a flat screen TV including most channels for rainy evenings (it is Wales at the end of the day!)

Situated in the Bay there are plenty of restaurants at your disposal, and the gorgeous scenery of the Bay - one of my favourite spots in the city.
Cardiff city centre itself is very nearby - you can take a 5 minute train from the bay to Queen Street where you can walk straight into the city centre - however we found it just as easy to walk up the street (very direct route) into town as it only took around 30 minutes.

Checking in and out of the apartment couldn't be easier - we were greeted by a rep with ours keys who showed us to our room and showed us around. Checking out - all you needed to do was post your keys through the post box with your apartment number in the foyer - simple!

All in all, this is a fab way to spend your time in the great city - as it is far more personal and spacious than a hotel room and for the same price!!

Room Tip: I hear that some people have some noise in their rooms - we were situated with a balcony overlooking...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

It couldn't have been any better for our Christmas break. It was easy on arrival as met up with key holder. Very reasonably priced, cheaper than the hotels in Cardiff Bay. So convenient, ideally placed for the Millennium Centre and parking. Modern, spacious, clean and comfortable beds with 2 bathrooms. All you could want in a holiday appartment to relax in. I have only used hotels in the past, now converted, I will definitely use again. Brilliant! This is one to recommend.

• Stayed December 2013
A Space i, General Manager at A Space in the City @ Quayside, responded to this review, January 9, 2014

We are very happy to hear that the apartment provided everything for you and family to enjoy a great Christmas.

We look forward to seeing you again!
Redditch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We have just returned from a weekend away in Cardiff Bay. Our apartment was lovely very modern and had everything we needed for our weekend away. We arrived in Cardiff bay and found a car park recommended by Space in the city. We struggled to find the Quayside apartment block initially, it was right at the side of the Sainsbury's local which if we had know before would have been helpful in finding the location it is also directly opposite the millennium centre. We had a few problems trying to let space in the city staff aware we had arrived and was outside we eventually got through and waited around 15 minutes for staff to reach us to let us in.
Staff very helpful showed us around apartment and explained the check out procedure. We had a great stay and was perfect to explore the bay and Cardiff city centre.
Would defiantly stay here again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The apartments were outstanding, location was superb. Apartments clean and spacious and modern. Everything you need are there including starter pack tea and coffee. Highly recommend these apartments. Service by staff was really good. Relevant information on arrival also perfect having supermarket on ground level. Superb breakfast to be had at French restaurant few doors towards the bay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Stoke-on-Trent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Easy check in by helpful staff. Apartments were easy to find and the informative emails received prior to my arrival detailed all the info I needed. Apartments are in a great location, right opposite the millennium centre. Apartments are clean, spacious and ultra modern, located right by a mini sainsburys so can stock up on goodies for your stay. Will not hesitate to use or stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
oslo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My taxi driver did not find the entrance because there is no street number on the address.

I came to a closed door with no information what so ever on how to access my prepaid appartement. No reception, no information - just nothing!

I managed to find a telephone number in my papers, and there was an auto-reply telling me that the service was closed, and there was a emergency number I could call.

I finally reached through to a call centre. They said I had to go to a restaurant and get the key. They could not tell me where that restaurant was! It was late sunday nigjt, raining, and I was carrying heavy luggage and had no key. They were unwilling to give me a description of how to get to the restaurant. When I asked how this procedure would run normally, they simply said "I should have got an information package". When I asked about directions they did not manage, although I asked if they could check on google maps.

When I got home I found this information package in my spam filter. The same happened to my colleagues who arrived the next morning.

I was surprised about the unwillingness to help me out in a difficult situation that they had put me in. They also caused me quite a bit extra on my telephone bill.

Had to walk around in the area with my luggate and ask people on the street to guide med to the restaurant which had the key.

The rest of the stay was OK, but of course it took quite a while to accept this unfortunate check-in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

A Space i, General Manager at A Space in the City @ Quayside, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
We are disappointed that you had a poor experience when checking into your accommodation. I have emailed you privately on this matter if you wish to discuss this further. We do contact customers after you have made your booking and prior to arrival to confirm your arrival time and to check you have received your confirmation email with check-in instructions.

If you would like to speak with me directly to discuss your experience further please reply to my email and I will call you at your convenience.
Cheshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay in number 16. Location is brilliant - opposite the Millennium centre with plenty of bars, restaurants and a cinema on your doorstep, and handy bus links to the city centre. Check in was straightforward and friendly with someone meeting us at the apartment within 10 minutes when we called to say we'd arrived. Apartment was lovely - warm, clean and comfortable with everything you'd need - I've stayed at apartments before which don't provide things like washing up liquid and toilet roll so it was great to have these things provided. There's a Sainsbury's at the bottom of the building which was really handy for supplies. The only downside is the parking - however there is a secure public car park just 5 minutes walk away and at £10 for 24 hours it's pretty good value and we didn't begrudge paying it to stay in such a great location. Would stay here again without hesitation!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to A Space in the City @ Quayside? Share your experiences!