“Mid week at the maldron hotel” 5 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN PLUS Maldron Hotel Cardiff
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   St Mary Street, Cardiff CF10 1GD, Wales (City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in Cardiff
“Mid week at the maldron hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Arrived at the cardiff central station and it was a two minute walk to the hotel just in time for check in at 2 pm . So within 10 mins I was in my room making tea with the hotel rooms generous tea supply . The room was as expected comfortable and with everything needed including iron and board and hair dryer all useful to travellers . Staff were friendly and helpful . The only problem was the pillows were not comfortable . As flat as paving slabs .......
The hotel is exactly perfect location for everything . Shops , castle , restaurants , buses , a great base for exploring and the earlier check in 2 pm and later check out 12 pm make for a very relaxing stay .
Also breakfast was generous and staff here friendly too .
Will be visiting here again soon ...

Room Tip: Room was excellent 7 th floor .... Corner window so if you prefer more of a view not good .... Every...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
MaldronHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Maldron Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear kate b,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on tripadvisor.

I hope to welcome you back to the Maldron Hotel for any future stay to the city.

Warm regards,
Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Really cannot fault this place, spotlessly clean, great size room, fantastic location, professionally run, quiet......whats more at £59 it was outstandingly good value compared to where we had stayed previously in Cardiff. Thanks

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MaldronHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Maldron Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Peter W,

Thank you for your glowing 5 star review on tripadvisor. I appreciate you taking the time to write such fantastic comments. I am delighted you found our hotel to be of good value.

I hope you will stay with us again.

Castletown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here for 3 weeks on a business trip, would defiantly recommend to anyone, have stayed in 100s of hotels around the world and this is in my top 3.
From arriving at the hotel by car i was greeted by 2 lovely receptionists think their names were Rachel and Sarah and they made me feel right at home. Check in was very quick and was handed a map of Cardiff city and they happily provided me with nice Restaurants/activities around the area.
When i got up to the room i was greeted with a lovely view of Cardiff city which was such a bonus to wake up every morning too. THE ROOM WAS SPOTLESS could not fault it one bit.The beds are to die for and the flat screen television was such a luxury as most hotels have little boxes planted on a desk with 1 channel!!!!
Every morning breakfast was excellent and for the 23 days of being their i was always greeted with a friendly smile and a newspaper!!
MAKE SURE TO TRY THE COFFEE, BEST IVE EVER HAD!! PUTS STARBUCKS TO SHAME!

As I was on a business trip I didn't get to explore Cardiff as I wanted to, but have booked to come back with my family to your hotel and I cant wait!!!!

Finally id like to thank Alison and Bernie for the excellent service they provided through my stay and our business will be touch with more bookings in the near future..

go raibh míle maith agat,
John

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MaldronHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Maldron Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear John T,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us & felt it appropriate to share your experience with other travelers.
I appreciate you taking the time to write your comments & will pass them onto the team. At the Maldron Hotel we pride ourselves on our customer service & I am delighted you experienced this first hand.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope to welcome you back.

Go raibh maith agat,
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed just the one night at this hotel as we had come to Cardiff to see our beloved ice hockey team play here, now we wish we had stayed longer. Great location only a couple of minutes walk away from both Cardiff Central Railway Station and the main bus station , also only a few minutes walk to the city centre shops.
Room lovely and clean, staff very friendly, food very nice , also reasonable prices for drinks in the bar on floor one. A little train noise from the adjacent main railway lines, but nothing to really worry about.
Overall, a really nice place to stay, the Maldron will definitely be our first choice next time we stay in Cardiff, we wish we were staying longer

• Stayed March 2013
Dear jinman72,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay & hope to welcome you back.

Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great lication, not far from station. When entering hotel I was pleased with the fact it looked as described on website. Staff were pleasant and we were checked in quickly. Room was incredibly nice with a shower/bath to side. Clean room too. There was no coffee or tea in our room but that was easily sorted when we informed staff who then gave me a big handful of sachets of both drinks =)
We didn't have any food but did have drinks in the bar on level 1 which was lovely, drinks are fairly priced and again staff very pleasant, its nice you can take drinks back to your room, which we did with cocktail.
We were in room overlooking train tracks but I don't know why people complain, I woke once to a train and I was back to sleep in minutes. The bed is extremely comfortable. Best nights sleep!!!
You don't get disturbed by cleaners coming in n going ooops sorry...which I hate as in some places we've had that.
Upon checking out I asked if I could leave my bag as I wasn't getting train until later, they were happy to do this, putting our room number on my bag n putting it into storage till I picked it up.
We shall hopefully be staying in this lovely hotel again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MaldronHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Maldron Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Natalie M,

Thank you for such a fantastic review on tripadvisor. I am delighted you found our staff pleasant and our cleanliness of a high standard. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer care & I am delighted you experienced this first hand.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,
Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed for one night on 22nd March as we were going to see Biffy Clyro in the CIA. Booked through laterooms.com and payed roughly £70 for bed and breakfast. The check in was quick and easy. We had a room on floor 5 which was clean and tidy, the only negative was that it smelled slightly of smoke. I believe that there is a smoking level in the hotel, which is level 4. Unfortunately the smell appears to be permeating through to the above floors!!
Breakfast was very nice, good choice and plenty of choice.
I would stay again but would request a higher floor due to the smell of smoke.

Dear JT1980,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on tripadvisor. I appreciate the time you have taken to let us know your views.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay overall. I have spoken to the housekeeping manager who has investigated the smoke smell on the 5th floor. She believes a guest was smoking on a non smoking room& they have been fined accordingly. We are constantly working to ensure every guest has a pleasant stay & thank you for your con-operation.

I hope you will consider staying with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Great location not even a block away from the rail station and right on Main Street. We had a wonderful view of the city from our room. Well spaced room. Very good English breakfast. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff. Definitely would recommend and stay again!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Brian G,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on tripadvisor.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay overall. We are constantly working to improve our offerings and I will address your concerns with our food & beverage team.

Thank you again for your kind comments and I hope to welcome you in the future.

Deputy General Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Maldron Hotel Cardiff? Share your experiences!