“bit boring” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 80 Hotels in Cardiff
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“bit boring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

this is a nice modern clean hotel the food is good the staff are very friendly but only for one night not for five,i don,t know why coach holiday firms choose these hotels as the,re in the middle of nowhere with no entertainment and sky high drinks and snacks prices very dull on a rainy day.

Room Tip: there all the same
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Booked this hotel for business due to it's location (near my client) and my heart sank as I pulled off the motorway after a 4 hour drive!... I knew it was going to be a BIG hotel, but it's really big!!... There were 2 coaches in the Car Park and all I wanted was a hot shower and to sleep.... Now read on....

I was greeted warmly by the Reception Staff, swiftly checked into my room, my car registered for Free Parking (this can be expensive in Cardiif - great surprise). My room (301) was on the 3rd floor and was extremely spacious, with air conditioning, TV, Safe and Tea/Coffee facilities. The room was spotlessly clean, as was the expansive wet room. The bed was comfortable and the room extremely quiet (not what I expected at all given the physical size of the hotel and the 2 Coach parties booked in)... This is a GREAT hotel and I will definitely be back when I'm next in the area.

I've scored the spa/gym facilities as 'average' as trip advisor doesn't offer a 'did not use' option. It would be unfair not to score them, or down score them on that basis. From what I saw on the way past in the morning was that they looked clean and tidy - wish I'd had time!

Room Tip: 301 was great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
antonybates, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Firstly, a big thank you! It's an absolute pleasure to read such a great review!

It's fantastic to read that you enjoyed your stay, and particularly rewarding to learn that we exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North in the near future - and next time hopefully you'll have enough time to use the gym!

Antony Bates
antony.bates@rezidorparkinn.com.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights over the August bank holiday weekend. We booked via Trivago for £108 for two people for three nights including breakfast which was exceptional value given the quality of the accommodation and the level of service.

On ariving from the outside the hotel looks like student accommodation but once inside the rooms are very spacious and well decorated in a modern minamilist style. The bathroom contains a walk in waterfall shower rather than a shower which was good although you tend to get a lot of water on the bathroom floor.

Unlike a lot of hotels basic wifi Internet acess in the hotel room was free, although limited to one device at 512kb/s. it was possible to remove the speed restriction and upgrade to 4 device for about£8 per day. Car parking was also free although you need to register you car reg with reception.

The level of service and the friendliness of the staff are what sets this hotel apart from others I have stayed in it, the staff make you feel that you are staying in a 5 star hotel and were better than at several of the higher end radison blu's I have stayed in previously.

The standard of the housekeeping was very high, our room was cleaned and made up immaculately each day.

The breakfast was the standard English breakfast with the usual range of breads, ham, cereals etc.

The hotel is a couple of miles outside cardiff so you will need a car to get around. For us the location was ideal as we were mainly visiting tourist attractions outside of cardiff.

The hotel appears to have a substantial gym but we never had the opportunity to try it out.

We didn't eat in the hotel restaurent other than breakfast although if you have a taste card you can get a 50% discount which would make it extremely good value.

• Stayed August 2013
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Spent one night here en route to Pembroke Dock after a long day of driving. I thought it was good value, and pre-booked breakfast for only a fiver, which was great. It is easy to get to from the M4, plenty of parking spaces and even a gym if that's up your street. Check-in was friendly and efficient, and the room was comfortable with good wifi and plenty of coffee sachets. It was actually remarkably quiet, given that it is near a main road. The only improvement I would suggest is to the bathroom, which was showing some signs of condensation/mould around the ceiling. But otherwise it was spotless and had a great shower. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We hunted around for a while for good deals in Cardiff and not knowing much about the area decided upon this hotel. It was pretty much somewhere to crash at night while we explored in the day. We paid £108 for a double room inc breakfast for 3 nights mid week in peak season. We got our price on Trivago. A good deal, I think. Parking was free if you entered your reg plate too.

The hotel staff were all very friendly and very helpful, answering many questions given to them about the area and the hotel.

The room was clean and spacious enough for two. My only negative would be that the room needed 'airing' when we first arrived but other than that it was fine.

We arrived in Cardiff at about 930am, hours before the 2pm check in time,. but the receptionist kindly let us check in to unpack and unwind after our 4 ish hour drive. This was very much appreciated!

Breakfast was good. Tasty, lots of variety and hot. Again, the staff were very helpful and cleared plates quickly. You are offered fresh tea, coffee, various juices, cereals, cooked breakfast items (including hash browns and black pudding, which frankly MAKES a breakfast for me), yoghurts, breads, pastries... you name it.

We didn't have any other food at the hotel but it seemed popular and smelled good!

The only other downside I'd say about the hotel is that it's further out of the centre of Cardiff than I anticipated. You really need a car to get around. But we didn't mind that, just something to bear in mind though. It took about 10 minutes to drive to either Cardiff Bay or Cardiff Centre. Parking costs in Cardiff are, in my opinion, quite high. Expect to pay at least a fiver for a few hours. However, a little trick we discovered is if you park in the Red Dragon Centre in Cardiff Bay you can validate your ticket at any of the shops/bars/etc in it and your parking all day is free. We did this and grabbed a coffee in there - minimum £4 spend applies.

The hotel is right next to an A road but we had a room facing the road and even with the window open at night it wasn't that noisy. Very easy to find and get to and a good central point for any excursions. I'd stay there again for sure. A**** !!!

Room Tip: We had a top floor room facing the road, absolutely no issues at all.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Entry level Radisson brand on the outskirts of Cardiff usually represents good value for money.

Situated just off the A48, there is nothing really in the immediate vicinity and you will need to have a car or take a taxi into Cardiff itself.

Smallish rooms recently refurbished and equate to Holiday Inn Express/Premier Inn standard. Beds are comfortable and bathrooms are now converted into shower rooms with large walk-in showers (floor can be slippy - beware!)

Tea and coffee making facilities in the room

Booked ahead breakfast is very good value for money (£5)

Bar and public areas are OK. Reception desk area is a little tatty and could do with an upgrade.

Staff are friendly and helpful.

Unusually for this level of hotel there is a very good gym (run separately but free access)

If you have to overnight in Cardiff and have a car then this a good option.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gateshead, Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel from July 29th until 2nd Aug. Overall impression is excellent. My room was a single but got a lovely double with a fantastic powerful shower. The tea,coffee were changed everyday and my room was spotless. The staff were excellent and friendly . Breakfast was served 7am -9.30am . On the downside of this was when i went for my breakfast on the 1st morning i was told i couldn`t go in until 8am which was ludicriuos as our tables were already set up. It was same with evening meal 5.30 - 7,30 and we had to wait until 6.30 before we could have our meal. This is my only complaint about this hotel. We were made to feel like 2nd class citizens. This hotel is a bit out of way for things to do as their was nothing around. Other than that the hotel was perfect. Pint lager was £3.50, Boddingtons was £3.30

Room Tip: I seen 3 rooms and they were all the same.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North? Share your experiences!