“Never Again” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 81 Hotels in Cardiff
Bridgend, Wales, United Kingdom
“Never Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Room small, but clean, however, a huge damp patch over the bed and plaster falling off near the window wasnt the best start for a wedding anniversary. No bath, but good shower. I hard pillow each. Staff changed duvet as it was feather. Didnt get a wink of sleep for all the wrong reasons on my wedding anniversary.....the noise started about 1pm and lasted til 6am......drunken guests in the floor above pulling out fire hose, screaming, slamming doors, jumping on beds, running in an out of each others rooms.......
The night manager was sympathetic, and helpful. He visted the noisey guests several times, but short of calling the police out, there wasnt much he could do but wait til the drunken guests fell asleep. He did offer to move me to another room, but I didnt see the point by 5.30am to be honest, and didnt want to wake my husband to move...yes, thanks to Jack Daniels, he slept through the whole debacle!
The manager said this type of situation happens on a regular basis, especially at weekends when the hotel is full of stag and hen parties.

Breakfast was good, albeit a bit greasy, staff friendly enough. One young guy called Curtis when out of his way the whole time I was there, nothing too much trouble for him. An asset to the place.
I wouldnt recommend this hotel because they seem to be losing custom as they welcome rowdy and disruptive guests I feel, just to have full occupuncy, a shame.

I was offered a full refund, but as a paid in cash, I still await the promised telephone call from the general manager.

Room Tip: Good links to the city center, but very noisey at night with traffic from the dual carriageway and a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dorota27, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Paula,
It is dissapoining to see your review as I have contaced you and in fact have processed your full refund. You have even answered my emails so I guess you know the refund is coming.
I was on holidays during your stay and have reacted to your complaint upon my return streight away.
Dorota Pilinska-Price

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Southsea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just stayed on night before driving on to Portsmouth. Bed was comfortable but only one pillow. Nice clean bathroom and air conditioned room if needed,
Breakfast had good choices and staff attentive with cleanliness and making sure things ram smoothly.
Would classify this as a business hotel and certainly would stay again for a day or two.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You very much for your review. I am glad that on this occasion we have met your expectations.
I hope to see you here in Cardiff again in the near future.
brussels
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The hotel itself is fine, rooms are OK (only one lift though), large, the beds are also large and comfortable. Not much room for your clothes, you don't fancy staying there for 2 weeks ! Everything is clean. They have a buffet which is absolutely disgusting in my opinion, one of the worst food I ever tasted. But then food is a very subjective point. We were a group of 20 people and nobody liked it anyway. Go and eat somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank You very much for your review. I am dissapointed to hear that you did not enjoy our food however I would appreciate if you could contact me directly in order to discuss details of your dissapointment. It is hard to imporve if the guest do not give further feedback with more details of the dissapointment.
My email address :dorota.pilinska-price@rezidorparkinn.com
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I had booked this hotel for some friends and I for the olympics football, never again would i use park inn. Although we booked two doubles the hotel gave us twins and then lied to us claiming we had booked twins. When i produced the original booking on my phone they said tough luck they were fully booked.
To cap it off one if the rooms had a severe damp and mould problem which was disgusting. On making a complaint they said the manager woukd fall back which never happened. On contact they denied any issues happened in the first place.
Do not use this hotel, they will mess you around and lie to you at evey turn.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Paul,

May I ask you to contact myself directly to address your complaint. I would like to appologies however I was not aware that you experience very bad service from us. My email address is dorota.pilinska-price@rezidorparkinn.com.
St Helens, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel on the whole is not bad,its not great but not bad,needs leisure facilities,its has the space,Not enough storage space in the rooms,no drawers at all,evening food and service was very good,breakfast food was way to greasy,had to ask for several things,cups, cutlery,serviettes even food! staff in the morning really unhelpful, rude and ignorant. Wouldnt recomend this place without a lot of changes.

Kfar Saba, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed in Park Inn Cardiff North for 5 nights in August. It was obvious that the management had invested a lot in the design of the hotel and the rooms, which were nice and modern. Unfortunately, the investment seemed to have stopped there; there were constant problems with the lift that was out of order most of the time we were there (so we had to carry our heavy bags alone up 3 floors -the receptionist said there was not enough personnel to help), problems in the rooms were not fixed and there was not enough personnel in the reception. We were woken up in the middle of the night (3:30 am) by noisy, drunken guests who kept making noise in the corridor and the adjacent room for an hour without the personnel intervening in spite of our complaints. We ended up moving to a quieter room at the end of a corridor, which was much smaller than our original room. The manager reimbursed us for one night because of the noise. Most of the personnel working in the dining room was very friendly and provided good service. There was a relatively wide selection for breakfast. Part of the reception personnel was friendly and helpful, others seemed like they didn't care. We went on to stay in a Premier Inn hotel in London, where all of the staff had a great attitude towards the guests, and the contrast was very noticeable. I'm sure that this hotel could be better with more investment in maintenance and service attitude of the personnel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank You very much for your review.
I am dissapointe that we did not manage to exeed your expectations. I trust that the compensation of complimentary night was a good step towards restoring your faith in our hotel
I hope that you will give us a second chance next time you will be in the area.
Bristol, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

During the Olympics I booked 4 rooms at this hotel for my family to sleep over whilst the men went to the Millenium Stadium to watch the Football bronze medal match and the women went shopping. We all arrived early on the day (between 10-12 noon) and the hotel were very welcoming and booked us in there and then, regardless of the formal check-in time!
The next tick in the box was the quality of the rooms. One of the best hotel rooms for the type of hotel I've stayed in... good sized rooms, everything you needed, clean and well laid out.
We had a problem getting into one room (electronic key lock problem) but reception were very helpful in getting this sorted out when we left to go into town.

The hotel is a little bit out of town the next thing was to get into Cardiff. The women's travel arrangements were to hop onto a bus just down the road into town. The men's arrangement was to use a direct phone at reception to a taxi firm and 5 minutes later a taxi's waiting at the door. A short drive into town and we're all off to a bar or shopping.

Returning back to the hotel after the football and finding the bar still open was useful for a quick nightcap. We all slept very well !!

In the morning the restaurant area was nicely laid out and the hotel breakfast was lovely with everything you'd expect from juices, toast, english breakfast (inc black pudding), yoghurts, cereals...and a free paper picked up from reception.

Car parking - you check in at a screen at reception with your car registration, marking you as a hotel guest and you have free parking.

Could not find much to fault this hotel other than the rooms were a little pricey, but bearing in mind the Olympics was on at the time and every other hotel nearer to town was excessively more expensive, I cannot hold this against them. Only other minor issue(tte) was just one person on reception at check-out time when they were also trying to deal with everything else at the same time. They should have a key drop-off box for those who get frustrated waiting (I left my keys on the desk and walked off - having already pre-paid).

Otherwise a lovely stop over hotel !!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dorota27, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you verty much foy your very kind review. I am very gald hat you have appreciated our effords and we have managed to get it all right for you.

Looking forward to welcoming you here in Cardiff North in the near future.

Dorota Pilinska-Price

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Cardiff North? Share your experiences!